Middle Earth [TA 2997]: The Phantom of the Northern Marches

Manzanita

First Post
Valandil

Valandil replaces Endure Elements with Protection from evil for his domain spell. He then drops his his other magic weapon & protection from evil to cast CLWs on Arathorn and Artos. He'll save his precious detect evil, for now.

"I'm reluctant to face this enemy again until we are at full strength, but I'm not sure how to avoid it except for a full retreat, which I'm reluctant to do. Is there anything else we can investigate?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Antroine grunts, still notably sore and battered from the previous day.

"We know we're fighting some kind of intelligent being who takes on the shapes of different animals. We could head back and ask about that," Antroine suggests.

Inez Hull

First Post
Valandil's healing magic grants a measure of relief to Arathorn and Artos and most importantly allows the huge northman the ability to walk normally on his leg once more.

Artos is able to confirm that there had been no talk in the Hunter's Lodge of a Shapechanger.

Manzanita

First Post
Valandil

Valandil smiles at he watches Artos walk normally again. "There will be no need for turning back, I think. Despite having us injured and scattered, our foe retreated at a few arrow shots. It may be effective at ambushing and frightening, but I suspect it is no match for a group of determined and skilled warriors such as ourselves. Let's rest a bit, then go hunting again. We can't track it, per se, but there must be more clues out here. Why is it here? What is it trying to do? It probably is trying to keep people away from these woods for some fell purpose."

Mirth

Explorer
Inez Hull said:
Valandil's healing magic grants a measure of relief to Arathorn and Artos and most importantly allows the huge northman the ability to walk normally on his leg once more.

Artos is able to confirm that there had been no talk in the Hunter's Lodge of a Shapechanger.

"Many thanks," Artos says with a gruff smile as he works the kinks out of his foot. "Sometimes my heart gets the better of my head..."

"As for shapechangers, this one smacks more to me of magic, not natural ability," the barbarian adds softly. "I say we get back on the hunt as soon as everyone's able. At least there is something to hunt now."

Inez Hull

First Post
Mirth said:
"I say we get back on the hunt as soon as everyone's able. At least there is something to hunt now."

Well, this being D&D everyone is able to at the moment. ;)

Can we get a party vote on whether you will press on or rest - and if so how many days.

My modem blew up last week so until I get a replacement I will only be on the net every couple of days. I've got a net cafe just down the road and I'll prolly be dropping in here every few days - rest assured the curse has not struck, I will still be around!

Manzanita

First Post
Valandil

"Hmmm... I don't see that we're in much of a hurry. There's also no guarentee we're more likely to encounter the phantom if we move than if we stay. Since we snuck off as he was retreating, we very likely are hidden to him now. I say we rest one more day, which will allow us all to heal more, while we discuss strategy. The next day, we'll set off once more in search of our quarry."

Remove ads