Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 3, Baden's Bluff

maddmic

Explorer
Herger is unsure of what to do. He looks at Kaela and Starhl retreating to the building, while Lodric leaves the building to go back into the fog. He turns to look at Aislin and Valurel. Hearing Fallax Herger knows that the old man is right. They must flee in order to protect the girl. He begins to look for another rock to throw at either the fell, or the aproaching orcs.

Seeing Kaela thicken the fog and get closer to the door, he abandons his thoughts of finding and throwing another large piece of wall at their adversaries. He reaches out and tries to pull Kaela to safety, while reading his axe with his other hand should Starhl need help. As he helps Kaela into the building, he looks at Valurel. "Take Kaela and Aislin. Make haste, the shadow draws near." With that, he returns his attention to Starhl and his current predicament.

OOC:
Sorry for not posting earlier. The first paragraph will kind of sum up his inaction last round, while the second paragraph is for the upcoming round. If Kaela isn't close enough to help into the building, then he will step outside to get her and place her inside.

Bobitron

Explorer
Allowing Herger to pull her into the building, Kaela steps up to Aislinn, holding her belly tight to slow the bleeding. "Come, dearest. We have to go." She steps close to Herger's back, whispering to him.

"The orcs approach! We must get Aislinn to safety. I can keep the mist up for a little while longer, but it will not last to conceal us forever." She looks into his eyes, her neck craning to see his face. "Aislinn must be kept safe. She is the Hope of all! Get Starhl and follow!"

She turns, leading Aislinn into the depths of the building to avoid the orc's searching eyes.

Krug

Newshound
Fear and anger racing through his body, Starhl thrusts his sword forward, determined to eradicate the Fell from this world. "Begone from here!" He will then turn to run to his companions.

Bjorn's Faith: +10, 2d6+7/19-20

Valurel places a hand on Aislinn's shoulder reassuringly. "Everything is okay. We must move again in a moment though." He then casts a sharp glance at Fallax, hoping the stern look is enough to quiet the old man. When the giant mentions taking Aislinn and Kaela and fleeing, Valurel hesitates a moment and then nods in agreement.

He picks up Aislinn as gently as possible, ignoring the pain in his side from the wound caused by the Fell. "We must move now, little one." Turning to Kaela, he says, "We must get Aislinn out of here. Follow me."

He begins looking around the inside of the building, trying to find an exit that leads away from the Fell and the approaching Orcs.

Hrothgar

First Post
Pain wracks Lodric's legs as he staggers back, the Fell clutched to him tightly. Looking for Starhl, Herger is surprised to see Lodric stumble out of the fog, a Fell dragging along behind and grasping tenaciously to Lodric. With a mighty swing from the Giant's axe, the Fell is sheared in two, its undead mind not registering its final death until Lodric ducks into the ruined building and its torso releases its prey. In front of Herger, Starhl materializes, his big frame distinguishing him from the other Heroes. With a lunge born of desperation, Starhl plunges his sword into the large Fell's neck, finally severing the undead's spinal cord and dropping the carcass in a heap at Starhl's feet. Starhl has little time to savor the moment as he hears the events unfold around him. Somewhere in the fog to his right, in the direction of the lighted street and the orcs, Jodya continues to battle Fell, the sounds of her boots echoing on the boards and her fists smashing bloated flesh. With a woman's shriek, the battle sounds of Jodya disappear with a splash.

Ha! They got one! The Fell will eat good tonight!

Wait! I see the big one! By the Shadow, he is big! Good! More meat for my vardatch!

Halt! Put down yer' weapons and step outta' this blasted fog! Or I swear by Shadow I will wear yer's skins for a coat! Ha! Ha!

Blast! There were more! Their either head'n down the alley or hiding in the building! Sound out the alert!

A horn rings out in the night, its ringing blat harsh and ugly.

OOC: The orcs will be to where Herger and Starhl are next round.

Moving with uncanny silence, Valurel leads Aislinn through the ruined building towards a faintly luminous opening: the doorway into another alley on the far side of the bulding. Aislinn tries to move quickly with Valurel's guidance, but stumbles occassionally on the rubble-strewn floor. Kaela feels nauseous as she follows, her life's blood running freely down her thighs. Behind, Fallax follows with wheezing breath and Lodric stumbles in pain. Breaking into the far alleyway, a narrow cobblestone path, the Heroes can hear the running tramp of hobnailed boots to their left from same lighted street they had seen in the previous alley. Orc reinforcements are coming. To their right, the alleyway disappears eastward into darkness.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Starhl runs with the others, knowing his chances fighting a group of orcs are slim.

Assumes they go down the right, of course...

Seeing Aislinn struggling to keep her footing in the rubble of the ruined building, Valurel picks her up. (OOC: That was actually my intention in my previous post but no biggie.) He looks back at Kaela worriedly, her injury appearing to be sapping her strength. "This way," he hisses between clenched teeth. He turns right into the alley heading eastward into the darkness. He hopes the others are close behind but realizes that he must ensure Aislinn's safety above all else.

maddmic

Explorer
Herger follows Starhl out of the building. As he is running out of the building he looks for a way to cover their escape.

OOC:
He will either try to knock out a support beam on his way out, or he will try to knock down a wall on his way out. He's not going to take his time to do this, meaning that he's not going to push and pull, as he knows time is precious. This is just something that he's going to try in order to slow their persuit down as he's trying to get away.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Lodric grits his teeth against the pain and struggles to catch up with Valurel and Aislinn.Let me go first. If there is an ambush awaiting, perhaps I can buy you a few moments to find an escape with Aislinn.

Remove ads