Mongoose 3.0/3.5 Grand Archive - Any Interest?

Nellisir

Hero
joela said:
So we could go into a Paizo mod like Crown of the Kobold King, remove non-OGC material like character name, rename it something generic, then put the creature on-line?

I think a moratorium of at least 12 months post-release on products that the publisher is not converting to GSL and has not given explicit permission for that product is a good idea.

Man-thing

First Post
joela said:
So we could go into a Paizo mod like Crown of the Kobold King, remove non-OGC material like character name, rename it something generic, then put the creature on-line?

Well, it would depend on the OGC declaration. Now the particular product you have identified has no OGC declaraction. Or if it does I have no idea where it is in the module.

That said, I was not the intention of the Grand Wiki to be a mining project. It is a site for the storage of donated OGC, so anything that we may want to put up from Paizo (because Erik has offered) we will be explicitly checking with them first.

- Mark

Yair

Community Supporter
Man-thing said:
That said, I was not the intention of the Grand Wiki to be a mining project. It is a site for the storage of donated OGC, so anything that we may want to put up from Paizo (because Erik has offered) we will be explicitly checking with them first.
Right.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Man-thing said:

I thought Erik's post above was a statement of blanket permission for Paizo's products; hence, we wouldn't have to bother him about every individual product that someone wants to add.

That said, what about people/companies that can't be contacted regarding this? There are some older books whose OGC I'd like to add, with the companies no longer existing, or simply being completely unresponsive.

Nellisir

Hero
Alzrius said:
I thought Erik's post above was a statement of blanket permission for Paizo's products; hence, we wouldn't have to bother him about every individual product that someone wants to add.

That said, what about people/companies that can't be contacted regarding this? There are some older books whose OGC I'd like to add, with the companies no longer existing, or simply being completely unresponsive.

Maybe, privately, we can start a "wishlist" of companies that'd we'd like to get permission from. I think that can wait another day or two, though - at least until we get the whole wiki straightened out and everything else solved.

Besides, it's not like Mongoose has a really tiny library of OGC.

But out of curiosity, what companies? I'll bet someone knows someone who can reach them.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Nellisir said:
Maybe, privately, we can start a "wishlist" of companies that'd we'd like to get permission from. I think that can wait another day or two, though - at least until we get the whole wiki straightened out and everything else solved.

But out of curiosity, what companies? I'll bet someone knows someone who can reach them.

There are a few that don't seem to really be around anymore.

Stanton Industries wrote a few books back in 2001, one of which was The Void which was pretty good.

Valar Project Inc. seems to have vanished (yes, I think the BoEF rules are good, and should be put on the wiki).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there are others.

Pinotage

Explorer
Alzrius said:
Stanton Industries wrote a few books back in 2001, one of which was The Void which was pretty good.

Valar Project Inc. seems to have vanished (yes, I think the BoEF rules are good, and should be put on the wiki).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there are others.

I think there are quite a few that aren't around any more. Fast Forward Entertainment certainly isn't, and a few have changed names through the years. Others have just gone really quiet, like Amalara (weren't they sold to somebody else?) and Clockwork Golem Workshop. I don't think Citizen Games is around anymore, Dunham Studios, Gallantry Productions (did some really nice Pick 'n Mix products), and Guardians of Order (which was a great pity). There are loads of others that aren't around anymore.

Pinotage

Man-thing

First Post
Pinotage said:
Amalara (weren't they sold to somebody else?) and Clockwork Golem Workshop. I don't think Citizen Games is around anymore, Dunham Studios, Gallantry Productions (did some really nice Pick 'n Mix products), and Guardians of Order (which was a great pity).

Amalara's products went to Dark Quest Games I believe. They were supposed to continue development but I've not seen a new Dungeon Dive in a long tim. Clockwork Golem joined with Ronin Arts then left Ronin Arts then vanished.

- Mark

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Nellisir said:

Projects like this can collapse under their own weight. I would suggest that everyone involved work on the Mongoose, Paizo and CMG materials already offered (have there been others?) before attempting to expand. Your best calling card to other companies is showing how well you have done with those already involved.

Man-thing

First Post
Yep. And right now there are a lot of suggesters and lurkers and few workers.

I'm hoping early this week we will have: Feats, PRCs, Career Paths, Totem Spirits and Alternate Rages up on the live site for public consumption.

Content Pullers: I have two people on Quint Aristocrat, two people on Quint Barbarian, myself on Quint Barbarian II and one person on The Whispering Woodwind.

I need a couple dedicated people to go over the content pulled on the development server and check it against the OGC declarations. And make lists of corrections/suggestions at the bottom of each page in review.

There are 20 people on the yahoogroup currently.

Remove ads