Mongoose 3.0/3.5 Grand Archive - Any Interest?

Erik Mona

Adventurer
All Paizo rules material is produced under the OGL, and is thus fair game for this project. I strongly encourage folks to mine our rules material for this project, and feel it is in the spirit of the Open Gaming Movement to support something like this.

Full credit to Matt and Mongoose for lighting the torch, but my preference would be that the name for the Wiki be general ("OGLBank" or some such) and not tied to any one company. All publishers who take advantage of the OGL should be amenable to the inclusion of their open content to a project like this, so a general name is in the spirit of the OGL community.

I would encourage including the acronym "OGL" in the final title, as that is after all the point.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

Man-thing

First Post
Update

For the time being I have removed "Dr. Blottenberger" from the site page. The members of the yahoogroup can work to decide a final name. Currently the project is based at:

http://grandwiki.wikidot.com

The current title being used is "The Grand OGL Wiki"

So far Mongoose Publishing and Creative Mountain Games have sent me material for the group to use.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Erik Mona said:
All Paizo rules material is produced under the OGL, and is thus fair game for this project. I strongly encourage folks to mine our rules material for this project, and feel it is in the spirit of the Open Gaming Movement to support something like this.

Wow, that's mighty big of you Erik! I might do that if I can find the time. I've long been enamored of the monsters you guys have been producing regularly in Pathfinder. :D

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I have to concur that a generic name would avoid any perceived publisher bias. Something like OGL-OGCWIKI or some variation might be good.

Thanks, Mark (Man-Thing), for all of your efforts thus far and in the future!

GreyWizard77

First Post
This project sounds like a GREAT idea. I wish I had skills that I could contribute to it.

Any chance we can sticky this thread and possible move to the news section? I don't want this thread to get buried when it finally DOES become usable.

Great start so far, gang!

Man-thing

First Post
Any sort of recognition here, sticky/news item is up to EnWorld. We have a stickied item on the Mongoose General Forums and I'm updating my blog to reflect current news because Croathian asked me to keep people informed that way.

- Mark

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Wow! You guys may end up doing what the OGL was intended to do, allow people to play the game they want to play and make d20 the best system in the world.

Cheers!

joela

First Post
Paizo OGL stuff

Alzrius said:
Wow, that's mighty big of you Erik! I might do that if I can find the time. I've long been enamored of the monsters you guys have been producing regularly in Pathfinder. :D

So we could go into a Paizo mod like Crown of the Kobold King, remove non-OGC material like character name, rename it something generic, then put the creature on-line?

Remove ads