D&D 4E Monte Cook: Rumor Control--Me and 4E

Glyfair

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Good to have that cleared up! Not that I thought he was, but I think the timing of things just led people to incorrect conclusions. :)
Personally, I thought it was notable that Monte said he was working on a "game project" and not an RPG product. I'm not expecting it to be an RPG product (although likely a game connected to an RPG in some way).

I have my own theory, based a previous non-RPG game he designed, but it's pure speculation.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I will be merging hobbit flavor with the gnome stats and making gnomes into naturalist tricksters who hide their castles as "hollow hills" via illusions and are generally "clever" with crafts, although technological crafting will be more the province of dwarves than gnomes beyond fun toy-like applications. Creepy gypsy shorties will have to go back to the Age of Mortals in Krynn.

I will also be merging spontaneous casters with casters who prepare spells instead of breaking them apart into two classes, just to upset everyone else.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Whiz,

You do upset me with that last bit but honestly just call your new race something other than halflings or gnomes. How about haomes?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nifft said:
I demand were-gnomes!

-- N

So what, like people will grow shorter or something? And hybrid is an average height of you and a gnome? If I were a were-gnome, I don't think I'd ever shift...

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dog Moon said:
So what, like people will grow shorter or something? And hybrid is an average height of you and a gnome? If I were a were-gnome, I don't think I'd ever shift...

Like you have a choice. The Moon is a harsh mistress.

-- N "and she likes Bards!"

Remove ads