D&D 4E Monte Cook: Rumor Control--Me and 4E

Ilium

First Post
Wow. You know, when I posted that "maybe Monte is working on 4E" bit, I was just kidding.

It seems that internet rumors can quickly get out of hand. Who knew? ;)

Tinner

First Post
Nightfall said:
Agreed Eric. I honestly believed that Monte was getting out of RPGs not back into another mess of one. Thanks Jaws!

Which makes total sense.
A lot of people forget that Monte has done other VERY successful game projects - ie. Heroclix.

A'koss

Explorer
Ilium said:
Wow. You know, when I posted that "maybe Monte is working on 4E" bit, I was just kidding.
Well, it really wasn't that big a reach... The timing was right, it was supposedly a project too tempting to pass up, it was with another company and right when the EN's 4e rumors hit the net. I'm actually kinda surprised (and a little disappointed) that it wasn't!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Expedition to Sigil would be very, very cool, although that would be a second planar Expedition supermodule, and I don't know that WotC would go back to that well when there's so many other classics they can revisit first.

Glyfair

Explorer
Tinner said:
Which makes total sense.
A lot of people forget that Monte has done other VERY successful game projects - ie. Heroclix.
And Jordan Weisman's severance agreement with Topps/WizKids spells out what he gets if they decide to publish his Star Wars Constructable Strategy game (which the contract states has "customers"). Would Monte consider this something he couldn't turn down?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Not to diss his work on Heroclix, but that is just pretty much a superhero version of Mage Knight (so much so you could fight each other). Different powers mostly, and used a map, not ruler. So in a way, more a revision than an original design.

frankthedm

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
This seems like a good time to announce that I am the lead designer of 4E.

Kiss your halflings good-bye, folks, MWAH HA HA!
On a more serious note, the gnomes might not make the cut. Adkinson saved them in the switch to 3e and he is long gone. Top that off with someone on the mini team not liking them much* and that really numbers thier days....

*4 mini sets in a row without gnomes.

Remove ads