Moon Knight - SPOILERS

Thomas Shey

Legend
So, Ammit was cool, and surprisingly honest about everything. Didn't seem to be any underhanded interpretations. That was...unexpected. Khonshu's talk about freewill is kinda moot if Ammit can 100% know if someone is going to do evil. I figured there would be a "people can change their fate" or "see, you were wrong" moment, and there wasn't.

Well, I have to note we only have Ammit's word that people can't change. The fact she thinks so doesn't make it true.

Thomas Shey

Legend
But can she, really? And what is the criteria for being worthy, in Ammit's eyes? Is it based on 4000 year old Egyptian theology? I think that there would be an awful lot of people, these days, who would fall through the cracks on that.

There were probably a lot of people who fell through it even then. The judges of the dead in Egyptian myth were, to be charitable, mighty picky.

Thomas Shey

Legend
That's the kind of stuff I was waiting for, but instead we get "we know they are going to commit the evil, but we have to wait until they do it to punish them". We never hear that Ammit's judgment is wrong, only that it's prophylactic instead of retribution.

But that's Konshu's take on it; he may not be any more reliable than she is.

Its not like arrogance isn't kind of on-brand for mythological gods.

Thomas Shey

Legend
My understanding was that this was always a "limited series", like "Hawkeye", and that there would be no additional seasons. Sure, things can change, but I never expected more and can appreciate it for what we've been given :)

Though leaving that kicker at the end implies they plan to do something more with the character, if not in his own series.

Ryujin

Legend
Though leaving that kicker at the end implies they plan to do something more with the character, if not in his own series.
I'm thinking that something would be called "Phase 4."

There were probably a lot of people who fell through it even then. The judges of the dead in Egyptian myth were, to be charitable, mighty picky.
Sins like "wearing the colours of Pharaoh" come to mind. Maybe picking up your food with the wrong hand. Things that might have been very bad back then, that we'd have no real way of knowing today.

pukunui

Legend
I'm thinking that something would be called "Phase 4."
I feel like we've mostly been watching Phase 3.5. The new Dr Strange movie may be the first of the actual Phase 4. I haven't seen it yet, so not really sure, but it feels like mostly it's either been dealing with fallout from Phase 3 and setting up the next wave of superheroes to replace those who've died/retired and who will make up the real Phase 4.

Unless Phase 4 is meant to be a transitional one and all the new superheroes will be part of a Phase 5 or something.

Last edited:

No, she was wrong, because unbalanced scales can become balanced.

Not a problem for him, he only judges people

Well, I have to note we only have Ammit's word that people can't change. The fact she thinks so doesn't make it true.
It's never disputed by anyone. The ONLY objection Khonshu raises is that the crime has to be committed BEFORE punishment. As far as the show is concerned Ammit is actually offering a world free from evil people.

Stalker0

Legend
My guess is they will something akin to Wandavision and Dr Strange 2. The tv show opens up some threads that can be used and resolved in a later movie.

I think what would be really interesting is to show moon knight in the movie.... as a villain! Its the Jake persona taken hold, and only later on do we get Marc/Steven back for complications.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Really good episode, I too was delightedly surprised that Ammit was exactly as she seemed, no plot twist, no hidden scheme. Just straight up "this is what I believe, and this is what I'm going to do". I also really liked Harrow at the end, when she said he was imbalanced, he just straight up said "alright I'm ready to die". He was a true believer, and as evil as you might think he was, he was no hypocrite.
She also straight up admitted to being evil. She told him that he was balanced right now and the imbalance(evil) comes from serving her as her avatar.

Remove ads