• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mortal Kombat (Recruitment Closed)

Albedo

First Post
As you walk up the giant stairs, glancing at the ancient ruins and tattered depictions of past warriors, you wonder what awaits you in the massive temple above. You pass through the archway and find yourself in a extravagent banquet hall, filled with warriors of all shapes and sizes. Asking around, you discover very little about the nature of this meeting. Only one thing is generally know among the crowd, everyone is there to fight.

After an hour or so of feasting, mingling, and conversing, the party atmosphere is shattered by the sudden bursting open of a pair of double doors at the end of the hall. Lines of gaurds march sullenly through the room, shoving warriors to the sides of the room. Once things quiet down, a dark robed man, his decaying, wrinkled skin giving off the feeling that he was a lich. You knew he was alive though, judging by the raspy breathing cutting through the silence. He surveyed the crowd, judging those who had gathered from all ends of the earth in front of him.

"Welcome! You all have been chosen to enter the ancient tradition of Mortal Kombat. After tonight, this will be the only safe place on the island. There will be food and resting quarters available for everyone person, of every taste, and you will find our staff quite accomidationg for special requests. But outside, you will be forced to defend yourselves, and prove that you are, in fact, the strongest warrior in the world. We will call people out and bring them to their fighting grounds, and then the matches will begin. But you do not have to wait for us. You may feel free to challenge any other combatents at any time. For every opponent you defeat, you gain points. 1 For killing them, 2 For bringing them back alive, and 3 for getting their surrender. Once only 10 people remain, the top 3 will go on to the finals, while the other 7 will have a major free-for-all, the winner of which will join the others. Fight however you please. If you wish to make teams amongst yourselves, feel free, though your opponents will be given similar oppertunity. I look foreward to seeing the best this world has to offer.

*Rules*
-all 3.5 wizards of the cost hardcover books are allowed.
-Characters are level 10, with 50,000 XP
-Any race or monster acceptable, though its advisable to be able to somehow fit through medium creature sized hallways.
-100,000gp starting gold
-stats are 34 point buy
-Any alignment acceptable
-*Warning* you will be fighting against other pcs for many of the matches.
-Simliar to the true spirit of Mortal Kombat, PCs are going to have to pick an alignment to side with. Options here are Lawful, Chaotic, Good, Evil, or Neutral. You won't have to fight other people of your alignment until at least the free-for-all at the end, with the exception of Neutral which is more not joining any other team than being in one.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Question

First Post
I cant help but wonder how many people are going to take frenzied berserker.

Then again, maybe not......insta dying after the frenzy ends would be very ironic.

Voadam

Legend
I'm thinking a minotaur monk. Ponts for bringing back alive screams grapple to me. :)

"Any race or monster acceptable, though its advisable to be able to somehow fit through medium creature sized hallways." So noted, I'm guessing squeezing rules will apply.

But a big guy like the four armed bad guy in MK the movie seems appropriate.

Is it OK to submit multiple characters?

Albedo

First Post
And one more thing I forgot to add (I'm editing the first post as well), Simliar to the true spirit of Mortal Kombat, PCs are going to have to pick an alignment to side with. Options here are Lawful, Chaotic, Good, Evil, or Neutral. You won't have to fight other people of your alignment until at least the free-for-all at the end, with the exception of Neutral which is more not joining any other team than being in one.

Albedo

First Post
As the tournament progresses, a storyline will actually become more and more important, so while characters should be fairly combat oriented, I would like them to have some substance as well.

Remove ads