Most iconic spaceships?

Staffan

Legend
Probably. It’s old enough that- even though it’s a sci-fi classic- it may not have the same kind of global exposure of later American sci fi releases.

OTOH, on American TV, I’ve probably watched it at least annually for the last 40 years.

If you're going to go with War of the Worlds, you might as well use the proper version:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I also have some memories of watching this movie when I was very young. Does any one still remember the 1988 spin-off TV series that was based off of this movie? War of the Worlds (1988 TV series) - Wikipedia
I went looking for video footage, and found this:

I had completely forgotten about this until you mentioned it! I recognized some of those scenes & effects when I saw them, but otherwise, it’s like the series was scrubbed from my brain.

I had completely forgotten about this until you mentioned it! I recognized some of those scenes & effects when I saw them, but otherwise, it’s like the series was scrubbed from my brain.
Must have been a case of Selective Amnesia (as mentioned in the series. ;) ). I haven't thought about the 1988 series in decades. Then I see your post about the 1953 movie, and then I remembered the series. 😋

MGibster

Legend
I didn't remember it being that bad. Quite violent for American television at the time.

Remove ads