• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

most powerful non wizard sorcerer spells?

Uber Dungeon

First Post
I'm building a sorcerer character, I am planning to take "arcane disciple" as my first feet. so I'm wondering, what is the most powerful I can get from the full list of 3.0 and 3.5 cleric domains? I'm allowed to use any material from 3.0 3.5 and Pathfinder

Dandu

First Post
I'm building a sorcerer character, I am planning to take "arcane disciple" as my first feet. so I'm wondering, what is the most powerful I can get from the full list of 3.0 and 3.5 cleric domains? I'm allowed to use any material from 3.0 3.5 and Pathfinder
It is important that we get you started on the right foot, as vagueness is the Achilles heel of many help requests. Tell us what the purpose of your character is so that we may shoe in a suitable domain. I'd have for us to stumble about, as there are many possibilities afoot, far too many to run through with ease.

Last edited:

Empirate

First Post
In my opinion, Arcane Disciple is hardly more than a mediocre option. I usually recommend against it, unless it lets you fill a glaring hole in your build, makes a specific trick possible etc.

Reasons:
1. you can only use the domain spell 1/day, regardless of spell slots;
2. you need mid to high wisdom to make use of the domain spells, an ability every Sorcerer and their dog dumped through the floor the minute they learned their first cantrip;
3. you need Knowledge (religion) to even take the feat, not a Sorcerer class skill (and Sorcs have very low skillpoint totals usually);
4. even item use is restricted to mostly wands, because good luck finding an arcane scroll of Miracle on the free market.

So before you skew your whole build to make use of Arcane Disciple, you best have a very clear idea why you want it and what you want it for. If you just want more flexibility where spellcasting is concerned, just shoot for Mage of the Arcane Order, a PrC which refunds your prereq feat investment, doesn't force you into MAD problems, and provides much, much more versatility than Arcane Disciple. If you want more flexible item use, seriously consider dipping a level of Cleric: you get two domains instead of just one, and all the Cleric list on top of those, and you can use divine scrolls. Moreover, you get Turn Undead to fuel Divine and Devotion feats, proficiencies... you name it. Even for a Sorcerer, not a bad dip.

That said, I think that the best Sorcerer builds mostly just rely on good spell selection from your class spell list, and a clear idea of what you want to do with your character. Sorcerer 20 may look boring, but is perfectly viable.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Does your DM allow dragons as pcs? Because some dragons get the entire cleric spell list, plus some domains, as an addition to their potential spells known as sorcerers.

Remove ads