D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

OK, I'll play with that. I already had spells in place that were hidden, I think.

Is there a way to remove a header once it's in place?
If you make the header's left-most field empty, the whole thing should be hidden again.

However, that might leave you with some hidden lines. And those can't be made visible again really. Probably the easiest way is to generate a new spell sheet.

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
Just found a bug. How to reproduce:
Choose any type of elf. (I found this bug using wood elf).
Choose a background that has Perception for a bonus skill.
Now, you change your mind and choose a different background (one that does not have Perception as a bonus skill).
Result: Perception is no longer marked as a trained skill.

The skill gained by choosing a race should never be lost when changing backgrounds that also include that skill to backgrounds that don't.

Does that make sense?

According to PH page 125 under proficiencies third paragraph: If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead. (P.S. This is one of those overlooked rules when creating characters. Even I didn't know about it until recently.)

In other words, there should be code that allows the choice of a different skill if that skill is duplicated.
Example: Elf gives proficiency in Perception, Sailor also gives proficiency in Perception. This means the character can choose a different skill other than Perception.
Since that is the case, there should be some way of "unchoosing" the new skill when a different background is chosen.

This still gives rise to my suggestion from an earlier post (I forget which one) of when a class is chosen, there should be some pop up to show which skills are allowed for that class. This should also allow for skills already gained by race and background.

Just found a bug. How to reproduce:
Choose any type of elf. (I found this bug using wood elf).
Choose a background that has Perception for a bonus skill.
Now, you change your mind and choose a different background (one that does not have Perception as a bonus skill).
Result: Perception is no longer marked as a trained skill.

The skill gained by choosing a race should never be lost when changing backgrounds that also include that skill to backgrounds that don't.

Does that make sense?

According to PH page 125 under proficiencies third paragraph: If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead. (P.S. This is one of those overlooked rules when creating characters. Even I didn't know about it until recently.)

In other words, there should be code that allows the choice of a different skill if that skill is duplicated.
Example: Elf gives proficiency in Perception, Sailor also gives proficiency in Perception. This means the character can choose a different skill other than Perception.
Since that is the case, there should be some way of "unchoosing" the new skill when a different background is chosen.

This still gives rise to my suggestion from an earlier post (I forget which one) of when a class is chosen, there should be some pop up to show which skills are allowed for that class. This should also allow for skills already gained by race and background.
I know what you mean and that is an unfortunate by-effect from how the sheet's skill-system is set up. Unless I completely re-do the skill system from scratch I can't change this behaviour or make a pop-up like you describe.

I will add this suggestion to the list of 'big features' that can be voted upon on my Patreon, once that Patreon reaches its next goal.

Thanks for the suggestions!

v12.96 - Class Selection Dialogue (with drop-down boxes)

The last feature vote on the Patreon had a clear winner: an easier way for selecting classes.
Together with this come some bugfixes, improvements for importing, and better support for creating characters above level 20.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.96 (24 April 2017):[/H6]
  • NEW FEATURE: select the character’s class(es) with the help of a pop-up dialogue that has drop-down menus for classes and subclasses (not available in Adobe Acrobat XI or older);
  • Fix for unrecognised classes not always being counted towards the total character level;
  • Fix for number of attacks not always appearing on the Printer Friendly sheet (thanks Geo S. for reporting);
  • Corrected the Psionic Talent Mind Slam’s damage to Force on the spell sheets (thanks Ricardo S. for reporting);
  • Added Inertial Armour as an option for armour selection (as suggested by Ricardo S.);
  • Updated the text of the pop-up menus for setting images to show the new feature of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (update January 2017) to use any image file instead of only pdf files;
  • Corrected the Fighter (Gunslinger) custom script to work with the new versions of the sheet, since v12.94 (thanks /u/Tamlane for reporting);
  • Changed the import direct function to exclude new UA sources that aren’t available in the sheet importing from, instead of having these previously unknown sources added to the included list by default;
  • Set the “Update Your Adobe Acrobat” warning to only appear the first three times the sheet is opened in a version of Adobe Acrobat that is older than DC;
  • Made the level-dependent features of races/classes/feats/spells/etc. cap out at level 20, thus no longer throwing errors for characters over level 20 and classes with more than 20 levels in them; Note that class and racial features will not scale beyond level 20, because there are no official rules for that (as suggested by @LordvarekBeard).

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Iguanacus

Villager
Found a bug with tabaxis in 12.96. Sheet gets hung up on "Updating Tabaxi's Feline Agility" as soon as I add a level in any class.

**EDIT**

Also happens with Lizardfolk so it might be something with races added from Volo's maybe?

Last edited:

Hmm, that's odd, my antivirus is triggering on the DM's Guild watermarking website.
I don't know about DMs Guild website and antivirus, for that you would have to contact the people over at DMs Guild.

On the subject of antivirus software, it seems that some are again detecting my sheets as containing a virus. Both v12.96 & v12.97 seem to be detected as containing a virus by some anti-virus software (Avast and AVG for Mac). I have send the PDFs for further inspection and whitelisting, so this should be fixed in the next couple of days. However, stuff like this usually takes a week and sometimes more. So please be patient and know that it is out of my hands for now.

v12.97 - just like 12.96, but without the bugs ;)

Found a bug with tabaxis in 12.96. Sheet gets hung up on "Updating Tabaxi's Feline Agility" as soon as I add a level in any class.

**EDIT**

Also happens with Lizardfolk so it might be something with races added from Volo's maybe?
It happens with all classes and races practically with this new version... I think it might have to do with the new classes dropdown.
My morning started out fun with all the messages people had left for me overnight, pointing out the blatant bug in v12.96 when you add a race that has level-dependent features (such as a Tiefling, Dragonborn, or Hill Dwarf).

Luckily I could quickly patch this and get a fixed version out to you. So behold, v12.97 is here. It has all that v12.96 promised, but should actually work.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.97 (25 April 2017):[/H6]
  • Fixed a critical bug with adding races throwing an error (hanging the sheet), if the race has a level-based trait.

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
So I just went to continue work on my code for Plane Shift: Kaladesh, and as I was checking syntax, I noticed that SoilentBrad beat me to the punch and did all the Plane Shift documents. My thanks to him for doing what is probably a better job that what I'd have done.

EDIT: Just noticed that he didn't include the feats, pyromancer, or servo from PS:K, so I'll email them to you for review and addition.

- Zynx, from the EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Remove ads