D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

There's something funky with the "other proficiencies"

I'm making a Dwarf Monk, which should have from the Monk "Shortsword", and from a dwarf "Battleaxe, Handaxe, Throwing Hammer, Warhammer". The Handaxe and Throwing Hammer are covered in the "Simple Weapon" the monk gets, which should then simply lists "Battleaxe, Shortsword, Warhammer" in the "Other Proficiencies" box. But I get "Battleaxe, Shortsword, Shortsword, Warhammer".

And if I edit the list, it resets to "Battleaxe, Shortsword, Shortsword, Warhammer" no matter what I put in.
I am not able to reproduce this issue as the sheet I try it in correctly makes the list "Battleaxe, Shortsword, Warhammer". Can you please send me the PDF that exhibits this problem?

Mostly depend how how it goes with this new girl I'm dating. It's quite rude to barge in a group uninvited after all. But gonna have a character ready just in case I am (thinking Monk this time).

And I didn't notice the overflow page. That's certainly new. It's not my preferred option, but it's likely the most versatile / least hassle to code.

Love the new spell sheet generation. I think there was one back in the last version I tried, but this one is much faster / convenient. One thing I noticed in the changelog was that Protection from Good & Evil is not longer a costly component anymore, despite it requiring Holy Water (a 25 gp component) or powdered silver and iron. What was the argument for its removal? Was there an errata / Word of God on this?
I had a long email conversation about a year ago with somebody about Protection from Evil and Good and holy water being costly. He made the good argument that because the spell doesn't give any value, by RAW, there is no costly material component. Just the fact that is says 'holy water' doesn't mean it has to be a whole flask of holy water. All the spell says is "Holy water or powdered silver and iron, which the spell consumes".
One can also argue that powdered silver and iron is not a costly component so the spell doesn't need to be seen as a costly spell.

uly

First Post
12.993 (PF)

I noticed a few item stats in MPMB that are not found elsewhere. For example, a "Little bag of sand" is shown as 1lb., "Skin of fine zzar or wine" as 5lb., and "Wooden stakes" as 1lb. I'm just wondering where you found these stats from? Would you mind sharing the source?

I also noticed a small bug:

The Far Traveler background's item list includes "a small piece of jewelry worth 10 gp..." But the MPMB sheet adds this item as "worth 5 gp"

danglading

First Post
RE: Spell Sheet Generator v8.7b - Adding a Subclass (brand new download, using Excel 2016)

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else. I searched, but did not find anything.

In the above referenced version of the Spell Sheet Generator, I'm trying to add the new UA Celestial pact for the Warlock. Whenever I click the "Please select a class before pressing this button." button, I get an error stating "There is an error with the subclass you are trying to add. The class you are trying to add the subclass to has not been found. Please enter a correct class name."

I'm getting this error regardless of which class I select from the drop-down list. (I did not test *all* of them, but at least 5 did not work.) Am I doing something wrong here, or is this a bug?

It's an awesome tool, and I'd really like to keep using it. Thank you for ALL the hard work you've put into it!

Finally able to duplicate the delete reference sheet hang

Finally able to duplicate the delete reference sheet hang. I will attach the sheet.
This is all in the view pages area:
This sheet has all the AL selections enabled.
I removed feats page, removed the notes page, removed the companion page then removed the Reference sheet page.
When I went back to see what else was there - I see the adventurers league page is also gone, but I didn't remove it
The reference page was still there after I removed it. I went to remove it again and the deleting dialog never completes. I can close and save the sheet while the dialog is there

Attachments

• Majara-1.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 443

12.993 (PF)

I noticed a few item stats in MPMB that are not found elsewhere. For example, a "Little bag of sand" is shown as 1lb., "Skin of fine zzar or wine" as 5lb., and "Wooden stakes" as 1lb. I'm just wondering where you found these stats from? Would you mind sharing the source?

I also noticed a small bug:

The Far Traveler background's item list includes "a small piece of jewelry worth 10 gp..." But the MPMB sheet adds this item as "worth 5 gp"
For all the items that don't have a weight listed in any official source, I simply thought of a weight myself that I think is fair. For example, the weight of "Skin of fine zzar or wine" is based on the weight of the waterskin.

Thank you for reporting the wrongly listed price for the Far Traveler background, I will fix it in the next version!

RE: Spell Sheet Generator v8.7b - Adding a Subclass (brand new download, using Excel 2016)

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else. I searched, but did not find anything.

In the above referenced version of the Spell Sheet Generator, I'm trying to add the new UA Celestial pact for the Warlock. Whenever I click the "Please select a class before pressing this button." button, I get an error stating "There is an error with the subclass you are trying to add. The class you are trying to add the subclass to has not been found. Please enter a correct class name."

I'm getting this error regardless of which class I select from the drop-down list. (I did not test *all* of them, but at least 5 did not work.) Am I doing something wrong here, or is this a bug?

It's an awesome tool, and I'd really like to keep using it. Thank you for ALL the hard work you've put into it!
I don't really update the Excel spell sheet generator anymore as all of its functionality has been integrated into my PDF Character Record Sheet and most of it has been improved upon. The Excel is still notably faster though, but that is really the only thing I feel that is still better about using the Excel than the PDF. Okay, that is a bit besides the point, I just want you to know that you are probably best off using the PDFs found on DMs Guild.

What you are describing is indeed not how the sheet is supposed to work. As soon as you select a class, the button's caption should change. As this is apparently not happening, the macro must no longer be able to see the correct cell's content. Did you by any chance copy/paste/cut something into or out of the cell where you are supposed to select the class? I just downloaded the Excel and opened it and could add a subclass without any problems.
Alternatively, this could be related to the language of your Excel as Excel is notoriously bad at being language-independent. Which version of Excel 2016 do you run and what language? You can find both answers under File >> Account.

Finally able to duplicate the delete reference sheet hang. I will attach the sheet.
This is all in the view pages area:
This sheet has all the AL selections enabled.
I removed feats page, removed the notes page, removed the companion page then removed the Reference sheet page.
When I went back to see what else was there - I see the adventurers league page is also gone, but I didn't remove it
The reference page was still there after I removed it. I went to remove it again and the deleting dialog never completes. I can close and save the sheet while the dialog is there
Great that you were able to reproduce this issue. The PDF that you have attached has some weird things going on with it that I can't fully explain. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide any answers to what went wrong, it only shows that something did, but in a way that I think shouldn't even be possible in Acrobat. As in, I don't know how to intentionally make it do this. Everything from the Player Reference sheet seems to be stuck 'behind' the Adventure Logsheet.

Thus, without the error message that you got when the sheet's reference page was deleted but still shows to be there (so not when the progress dialogue stopped working, but what preceded it), I really can't track down the source of this issue. Also, it might well be a bug with Acrobat and not (just) my sheet causing this to happen. For you to be able to provide me the error message, you would have to re-create the event again and have error message handling enabled (Edit >> Preferences >> JavaScript >> Show console on errors and messages).

That said, following your instructions I wasn't able to get any errors.

What I tried as I pieced it together from your instructions:
  • Open a clean sheet, Printer Friendly-Redesign v12.993.
  • Enable all the AL options with the one menu option for it.
  • Hid the pages for feats/magic items, companion, notes, and reference page

This produces a character sheet with four visible pages, just as expected.

What I find surprising is that the character sheet you attached still has the feats, notes, and companion page set to visible. Also, it does have an Adventurers Logsheet, but it is somewhat combined with the Reference Sheet. Probably that is where the issue lies, that both pages have somehow 'merged'. When I now tell your sheet to remove the Reference page (which it thinks has page number -1, which is impossible), I get the error that you describe, the progress dialogue not completing. But how to get the sheet to do this, that is the question. Can you give a walkthrough of how to go from a freshly downloaded sheet to this happening?

Did you perhaps change all the pages and then import a character into the sheet from an older version?

Or am I just understanding you completely wrong. Are you not using the "Layout" button or "Set Pages Layout" bookmark to hide/show pages? And are you instead using Acrobat Pro and deleting the pages from the Page Thumbnails side-pane? Because doing that will indeed cause all kind of issues with the sheet. If you don't use the menus, the sheet doesn't know that any pages were removed and will expect a need to remove pages that don't exist, wants to put pages at spots that don't exist, etc.

Last edited:

Remove ads