• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Hello! Love the new character sheet with the UA's. Question though, is there a way with the default sheet setup to add damage die for weapons that you don't have in the drop down? Trying to add the pistol/musket from the DM guide, but not having any luck getting their damage die in there. Thanks!
Awesome to hear that you like the sheet!

You can change the outcome of the calculated fields (including the weapon damage die) with the "Modifier" fields. These modifier fields are hidden by default. You can toggle their visibility with the "Mods" button in the 'JavaScript Window' and with the "Modifiers" bookmark.

If you are looking to add the firearms from the Dungeon Masters Guide, you can use the 'custom script' found in the Fan-made Additions Dropbox folder. Just copy the content of the file into the "Add Custom Script" dialogue and the sheet does the rest.

I believe this is a regression from earlier versions and not sure how far back its been a problem. Noticing with a few of the fighting styles that they are not being correctly added.

The dueling style no longer adds +2 damage to 1h weapons and the defense style no longer adds +1 to AC. Archery, Two handed weapons work as intended. This is on v12.76 Printer Friendly Version, so apologies if this has been fixed.

And awesome work by the way. Been using these sheets for over the last year and impressed with your work and dedication. (and I have chipped in for the beer fund).
Always great to have people report issues with the sheet! Well, not the fact that there are issues, but the fact that they get reported, for otherwise I would probably never notice them ;)

You are absolutely right about the duelling fighting style, it seems that somewhere along the line I decided to 'streamline' the code for calculating attacks and made a mistake that affected this. It will be fixed in the next version (v12.8).

However, I can't find anything wrong with the defence fighting style. Do note that it only gets added if either of the "Misc" entries in the Armour section is empty. If both of them are already filled, the sheet has no way of entering the bonus from the defence fighting style. Also, the bonus from defence fighting style only gets added when an armour is selected in the drop-down box.

Hope the sheet keeps on being useful for you and thanks (again) for the beer fund donation!

Happy New Year everybody!

A new update with some bugfixes, but also some new features for the Adventure Logsheet, and the addition of the "Theurgy" wizard subclass from The Faithful Unearthed Arcana.
In addition, the separate Adventure Logsheet and Spell Sheet have been updated with all new features as well.

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.8 (6 January 2017):

• NEW FEATURE: Have the Adventure Logsheet page automatically generate the next Logsheet Entry, using the “Logsheet Options” button (as suggested, in part, by Vladimir);
  • NEW FEATURE: Buttons for the Logsheet Entries on the Adventure Logsheet page to move an entry up or down, insert an empty entry, delete and entry, or clear an entry;
  • NEW FEATURE: The “Theurgy” subclass for the Wizard from The Faithful Unearthed Arcana, including code for it to work with all current and future additions of cleric domains;
  • Fixed some issues with class features having choices that affect other class feature choice, which in turn have a listing in the Limited Features section;
  • Fixed the order of subclasses in the subclass selection dialogue to be alphabetical;
  • Created a way for miscellaneous armour bonuses added by the code to be conditional (like Defence Fighting Style only working when an armour is selected, or the Dual Wielder feat only working when no shield is equipped);
  • Fixed some errors with calculation order of the Adventure Logsheet page;
  • Changed the Giant Scorpion claw attack to no longer say it restrains (thanks Vladimir S. for reporting), as well as some other creatures’ attacks, including the Elk and Giant Elk hooves attack that they only work on prone (thank rossow_timothy for reporting);
  • Fix for the Dueling Fighting Style not adding its damage (thanks for Arslan reporting).

Changelog for MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class v12.8 (6 January 2017):

• Recreated all the Spell Sheets from version 12.8 of the Character Record Sheet;
  • NEW FEATURE: exclude resources using the new “Source Selection Dialogue”, where you can exclude individual spells and whole spell schools;
  • Made the fields of the top class header editable: “Spells to prepare”, “Spell attack modifier”, and “Spell save DC”;
  • Fixed the description of the Identify spell (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Removed Absorb Elements from the list of Sorcerer spells (thanks RaTath for reporting);
  • Fixed the missing save for the Aganazzar’s Scorcher spell (thanks Marshall for reporting).

Changelog for MPMB's Adventure Logsheet v12.8 (6 January 2017):

• Recreated all the Adventure Logsheets from version 12.8 of the Character Record Sheet;
  • NEW FEATURE: An option to hide/show the D&D logos to the Layout button/bookmark and to the Logsheet Options button on each page (Printer Friendly version only);
  • NEW FEATURE: Buttons for the Logsheet Entries on the Adventure Logsheet page to move an entry up or down, insert an empty entry, delete and entry, or clear an entry.
Links: MPMB's Adventure Logsheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Adventure Logsheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Taed

First Post
Possible feature (or maybe already possible?): One of my characters is a Cleric. The spell sheet lists every Cleric spell, which is fine. However, it would be nice to have a way to print the spell sheet in a way that only lists the learned spells. That way, it will fit on one page and be easier to look through during the playing session.

swngrrl

First Post
I'm wondering if anyone has created a party loot/treasure page script? It's been a really long time since I've done any js, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already out there.

Minor text fix: In "Wrath of the Storm" for Cleric Tempest Domain, the summary "attacks me" should be "hits me".
Thank you for reporting this. It is a small but important distinction indeed! I will have this fixed in the next version.

Possible feature (or maybe already possible?): One of my characters is a Cleric. The spell sheet lists every Cleric spell, which is fine. However, it would be nice to have a way to print the spell sheet in a way that only lists the learned spells. That way, it will fit on one page and be easier to look through during the playing session.
This is already a feature. When you generate a spell sheet, select the option "Prepared spells only" in the bottom right of the Spell Selection Dialogue for the Cleric. Then, when you press on "Go to next dialogue", you will get a dialogue where you can select the spells that you prepare and it will show you how many spells you are allowed to prepare and limits the selection to the spell levels you are allowed.

I'm wondering if anyone has created a party loot/treasure page script? It's been a really long time since I've done any js, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already out there.
I am not really sure what you are asking for exactly. You want a page where you can track 'party loot', or be able to divide the loot among party members or something similar? Adding a page with fields and auto-calculations requires Adobe Acrobat Pro. Theoretically it could be done with the "Add custom script" feature with Adobe Acrobat Pro, but manually creating the fields would be faster, as would writing the functions for the calculations be easier as document-level JS than as custom scripts.

However, there is no such project in the works.

Alternatively, I can suggest to use the 'location' column in the equipment section on the second or third page to track what is 'party loot' and what is personal gear.

swngrrl

First Post
I am not really sure what you are asking for exactly. You want a page where you can track 'party loot', or be able to divide the loot among party members or something similar? Adding a page with fields and auto-calculations requires Adobe Acrobat Pro. Theoretically it could be done with the "Add custom script" feature with Adobe Acrobat Pro, but manually creating the fields would be faster, as would writing the functions for the calculations be easier as document-level JS than as custom scripts.

However, there is no such project in the works.

Alternatively, I can suggest to use the 'location' column in the equipment section on the second or third page to track what is 'party loot' and what is personal gear.

Hm. Yeah, wasn't thinking it through, was I. I was looking for a page to list gear and treasure that belongs to the party, rather than to individuals. Really, just a page that accesses the equipment lists, but separate from the character equipment. I'll have to think this through a little more.

Remove ads