D&D 5E Multiclass: Warlock / Bard - thoughts?

BartHumphries

First Post
I registered just to post this: The Warlock Pact of the Blade class feature summons a melee weapon whose form you get to choose, and you're automatically proficient in its use. So summon your spiked electric guitar... I quote from the PHB, "If you serve the Fiend, your weapon could be an axe made of black metal and adorned with decorative flames." I believe the writers were thinking of this type of greataxe... Ok, I can't link to it, since apparently you have to post a few times to post a link, but I'm sure you can do a Google search for "axe guitar" or "black guitar with flames" or something of that sort.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Like this:

2262447-electric-guitar-in-fire-and-flames-on-black-background.jpg

guitar-flame-fire-music-full-screen-hd-wallpaper-photo-desktop-background-download-free.jpg

Last edited:

spanglemaker

First Post
Warlock Bard multiclassing is fine, 2 levels of Bard for Song of Rest (pretty useful) and Jack of All Trades. Which is very handy for the personable Warlock, who definitely gets other folk to do their homework, give them gifts etc.

A 3rd level of Bard gives access to a College and Expertise.

Lore gives 3 skill proficiencies and cutting words. This Warlock Bard is probably super persuasive, tricky, stealthy, perceptive or whatever 2 skills out of the 8 skills you are proficient with.

Valor gives Combat Inspiration, plus proficiency with Medium Armor, Shields and martial weapons, plus expertise with 2 of their 5 skills.

Plus the extra spells, rituals (For the Book of Ancient Secrets Invocation) and a few regular spell slots are all great giving you more versatility and a great support for the party.

MadPuppy

Explorer
I like this style of build.
I have one you all might like. This was posted in another thread but thought it wa worth adding here:

Mountain Dwarf Valorous Bard/Warlock (Blade) [Though Lore Bard could work very well also]
I call him the hammer singer!
I named him Ollum Hammersong
Collect history books of famous Dwarf Heroes (This is how he ended up making a pact with a very old Dwarf who resides in the feywild, thinks he is emulating his hero)
Writing his own Biography of his travels and Victories in battle, securing his own inflated ego.
Looking For Dwarven Artifacts
Ornery, Hot tempered, Loud, Scandalous
Make a Gun sign with your hands to shoot your Eldritch Blast
Dissonant Whispers, Tasha's hideous laughter,
Vicious mockery, Hex your victim, and hammer him to death, Rinse repeat....

Sing Irish Pub songs, and bring the hammer down.
Can "call" your hammer for role play effect.
Speak in your best Yosemite Sam voice (No need for a Scottish accent)
Favorite phrases:
"It's Hammer slappin' time!"
"You'll hear me hammer sing"
"Ooooooooo I hates Goblins"
You elf's is long eared Galoots"
Thems Fight'n Words"
"When I say Whoa I mean WHOA!"
"That's what I get fer trustin' a Elf"
"Any of you Lily livered Varmints wanna slap hammers wit me?"

Chaosrex

First Post
Was interested to see how a Warlock/bard would go.

have this idea of a Warlock/bard that use a "Thunder cord" guitar to cast spells, while singing Children of the Grave or Heaven and Hell...

Would melt faces and shred souls, Name would be Ronnie "Ozzy" Hethfield, can't wait to have him board a ship/cart and yell " All aboard!!!!!, Ahahahahaa!!!"

Kirk Gray

First Post
hi all, I know this is an old thread. just wanted to comment that your cantrips / eldritch blast depends on your overall level not just your warlock level.

I don't think you can actually do it wrong here. You can take any bard subclass or warlock subclass and combine them. You can ignore str and dex more or less or you can raise it over charisma. Not every path is optimal but everything is more than pulling its own weight. Barsic inspiration and song of rest keeps the group going. Your spells are also very useful.

Remove ads