Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Jemal

Adventurer
Gwen's ESP reveals to her basically what Lightspeed had reported..
3 hostages tied up in a corner, one on the floor. A large, feral looking beast-man and a VERY large, very FAT man are standing guard over them. IN the back, through a door, Gwen sees two Women in the vault. One is a young, terrified looking bank-worker who is searching a computer terminal for something. The other is presumably the third Criminal.
77153-shriek_150.jpg

Insight

Adventurer
Gwen relays the information to Peter. "I think I recognize the Blob and Sabretooth," he says. "The third, a female I don't recognize, is in the vault with a bank worker. The employee is using the computer, maybe for a code to unlock a deposit box?"

"Divide and conquer?"

Victim

First Post
drothgery said:
"I'm not in charge, but I'd say damaging the building beyond what's done already is a last resort, and harming the police probably out of the question. The Professor probably doesn't want us picking up bad habbits, and you practice how you want to play." Eric said.

"I'm Eric Hassel, by the way. The American kids here have me tagged as 'quarterback'; the teachers as 'paragon' -- don't ask me which will stick."

"If we're assumed to act to preserve life and property, then there's no need to call out saving hostages as the highest priority. It'd be implicit. Since the directives for the mission only mention saving the hostages, everything else is fair game. You're right in that play is building habits for other situations. I'd rather not get in the habit of assuming that armed tools of corrupt institutions are my allies even if we do have mutual enemies. Moreover, testing ourselves against conventional weapons increases the amount we learn from this exercise - do you know how well you stand up to being shot?" I do.

"But yeah, attacking the police might not be the best idea. However, I'm not sure avoiding damage to the building is going to be possible. Ignoring whatever attacks, Blob, Sabretooth and what's-her-name use, I have anti-tank firepower. Every shot is potential structural damage. Chances are the building will take significant damage regardless. If we can gain some advantage by controlling when and where that damage that occurs, then we should take it."

"Since you introduced yourself as Eric first, I'll assume that it's the name you prefer." She grins at the athlete.

"We'll probably have to split up. Leaving either group unthreatened leaves them free to menace hostages and attempt to force another standoff. "

Milagroso

First Post
Victim said:
"We'll probably have to split up. Leaving either group unthreatened leaves them free to menace hostages and attempt to force another standoff. "

"I have to agree here. We should split up in order to best keep them occupied - turn their attention away from the hostages. I can probably harass Sabretooth... I've fought him before. But, I was... different then." Julie seems to visibly choke back a swell of emotion. "Or I can whisk the hostages out of there while someone else does that."

drothgery

First Post
Milagroso said:
"I have to agree here. We should split up in order to best keep them occupied - turn their attention away from the hostages. I can probably harass Sabretooth... I've fought him before. But, I was... different then." Julie seems to visibly choke back a swell of emotion. "Or I can whisk the hostages out of there while someone else does that."

"I was figuring we'd need to be two places. If we need to be in three... that's a problem. Most of what I can do -- at least according to what they tell me here -- is to make others better; I definitely am not at my best alone." Eric said.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda glanced up towards the front of the class. The Beast was still giving his lecture, and decided to use the chemical explosion as a teaching aid to further his discussion about the properties of exothermic and endothermic chemical reactions. However, this move, in all it's brilliance, lead to one of the more immature male students to make a snickering hushed about gerbils, which the Beast obviously heard.

Miranda watched the Beast for a moment as she reached for the damage page of notes. "I've gone to danger room's observation deck, the hanger, the archives, I've even seen Cerebra." She paused before silently adding, "I'm willing to bet that you are wondering if I ventured into any place more mundane and cliche? I don't know, someplace sort of like..." Miranda as she raised her pencil and wrote down the words boy's dorm + boy's shower onto her damaged piece of paper. "Am I correct?" She smiled.

Shayuri

First Post
Astrid's face turns even redder and she looks around surreptitiously, as if expecting someone to jump out from behind them and loudly announce the note's content.

"You saw Cerebro?" she asks, by means of shifting the topic to something safer. "What was it like? I heard the Professor can find any mutant anywhere in the world with it."

Despite there being many professors at the school, no one ever needed to clarify who they meant when they said "the Professor." As for Cerebro, finding mutants was the least wild of the rumors that flickered and sparked between students, like neurons firing in some vast brain that they were all cells in. That Cerebro was really an alien brain that the Professor linked to and enhanced his powers...that Cerebro could kill every human or mutant in the world if the Professor used it wrong...that the Professor WAS Cerebro, having been possessed by the artificial intelligence the first time he tried to use it...Cerebro was the Internet...it was always watching...it told the Professor what everyone was thinking, all the time...

Stupid, most of it. But with a mutant of Xavier's power, where did you draw the line between fiction and reality?

Jemal

Adventurer
As the beast's lecture turned to one on manners, the two girls found they had a bit more freedom to speak, everybody now zeroing in on the unlucky punk being berated by Dr Mccoy.

Back in the danger room, the team's discussions were interupted by a high pitched shriek from inside the bank, followed by an explosion, though there were no visible effects OUTSIDE the bank, other than the police captain shouting something nearly unintelligible into his phone. Something about backup and medical attention.

Caros

First Post
Across the school, Nicolas' ears were burning. Not litterally of course, but just a little tingling he attributed to various ladies talking about the cute, eligable young mutants such as himself. Personally, he acribed it a mutant power, the ability to know when others were talking about him, though sadly, most others tended to ascribe it to arrogance.

He couldn't help it if he was right, women did like to talk about him, his styles, his looks, and in the case of those who were attracted to it, his power. Then again, four years of being a poster child for the school had not done his attitude wonders, a certain entitlement having set in.

Nicolas had been furious when he had been passed over for the new X-men, his rather considerable power and his fourth year knowledge of the school getting him into the secure files, and even as he sat eating his dinner he was fuming over them. Doesn't work well with others, Somewhat arrogant... Too powerful for his own good. All were phrases that had appeared in his file, and, at sixteen he was far from subjective, his mood already poor.

His clothing and styles reflected that, His hair loose about his shoulders, hanging careless over the black silk of his shirt, the fingers of one hand tapping the leather of his pants, the whole outfit dark and brooding as his attitude.

And it was to this annoyed attitude that Pyro and his goons arrived. A later year like himself, Pyro was far from Nicolas' friend. He wasn't even really sure why they hadn't hit it off, both had a similar attitude, that their mutant power made them somewhat better than other people. Yet Pyro seemed to take that to extremes, picking on and bullying students for no better reason than because he could.

It irked Nicolas. And in his current state, being irked stood ill for Pyro. Sitting with Wi-Fi two tables down from Pyro and his victim, Nicolas glanced up, eyes turned towards the four of them. He looked down again soon after, speaking to the table more than the group of them. "John. What do you say you leave the kid alone."

[sblock=ooc]Sustained defence goes on, and readied action snare type effect with transform if they go hostile =)[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"It's not as big as everyone saids it is." She sated in a rather disappointed manor. "It's not a giant room the size of the Staple Center with billions of tv-screens which are tuned in on each and every person on this planet." She paused in though. "It's more like the situation room from 48. You know, that one room which has all those computers and television screens, but without all the people running around or all the drama."

She glanced around, "I was tempted to put on that one helmet that everyone saids the professor has to wear when he uses it, but I was afraid it would mess something up. After all, i heard someone say that helmet has some genetic scanning thing-a-ma-bob that only allows certain people to wear it without braking down."

Remove ads