• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Jemal

Adventurer
Pyro turned from the as-yet-unresponsive 'Newb' to face Nicolas. "Oy, Alchie, why don't you morph yourself a giant pair of tweezers to pry that stick outa yer..." He stopped as one of his 'lackies' grabbed his shoulder "Com'on man, you nuke another table'n One-Eye'll throw you in detention for a week". Shrugging the kid off, Pyro stepped forward and grabbed the drink from in front of Xi'an, taking a swig as he looked at Nicolas.
"You don't scare me, dude. In the end, everything turns to ash."

Caros

First Post
Casually, as if without thought Nicolas rested his hand on the table. It seemed to shrink beneath his touch, the metal legs of the table slowly vanishing, growing out of the top of the table into his hand, a giant metal pair of tweezers grown and then set aside just as casually.

"You're not afraid of me. Thats fine, hell thats good, not exactly trying to engender fear. That said... You might want to consider the difference, the rather obvious difference in our powers. You control fire, a single element that you can't even manage to conjure without help."

He paused, eyes flicking over to the other student. "I, on the other hand, control matter. Totally and completely. Be it a giant tweezer, concrete spikes and bindings out of the floor, or the utter dissolution of your body."

Though that last bit could be taken with such malice, his tone brightened towards the end, turning a little in his seat. "So tell you what, leave the new kid alone, Cyclops won't throw a fit about us wrecking the room, everyone will be happy. Kay?"

Milagroso

First Post
Jemal said:
Back in the danger room, the team's discussions were interrupted by a high pitched shriek from inside the bank, followed by an explosion, though there were no visible effects OUTSIDE the bank, other than the police captain shouting something nearly unintelligible into his phone. Something about backup and medical attention.

"Ohmigod!" Julie shouted, with clenched fists. "We've stood around talking for so long... one of the hostages is hurt. We've got to do something before its too late!" She looked at Colossus and then to Eric, she knew that it was wise to wait for the leaders to issue commands, but she couldn't stand idly by while innocents were in danger - even if the danger room's threats are only fictitious.

Drerek

First Post
Colossus nodded to himself, this was the moment to show himself. "Paragon, you with me. We go to the front of the building, take on Sabretooth and Blob. Lightspeed, start moving and get all hostage out of there. Gwen, you and Temper go around back and try to get that third one."

With that, Colossus starts to move toward the front of the building.

drothgery

First Post
Eric Hassel (Quarterback / Paragon); conditions - fatigued

It's not my call, but that was a mistake. It means it's now or never for me to get into the game.

OOC: Because without really bad rolling, Eric will go before Colosus (+9 Initiative vs. +0), I'm going to assume he can act before the group's split up.

"Just one second here. You guys will love this. I won't, but that's my problem..." Eric says, activating what's quite possibly his strongest power -- it's certainly the strongest one he knows about -- to make the powers of all of his teammates (or at least any that are within one of two 5' cubes -- and I think we all were) stronger, before heading after Sabertooth and the Blob.

[sblock=mechanics]
Eric uses his Boost (powers) 10 ability, improving everyone's powers except his own by 10 ranks, up to PL limits. Unfortuantely, this is Tiring, so Eric is now Fatigued.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"So it's really full of TV's? I always figured it'd just be blank, and he sees everything with his mind," Astrid mused...then her eyes widened and she leaned over to whisper, "It's a good thing you didn't put it on! I heard not even professor Grey can use it! You're not even a telepath...are you?"

Powers could be a touchy thing sometimes. Most people weren't shy about demonstrating them, as it was part of establishing your place on the pecking order. But at the same time, if someone didn't mention something about their powers, it was usually because they were touchy about anyone finding out about it.

Milagroso

First Post
"I'm on it!" Julie says with a nod, understanding her role. With determination, she launches herself into the air, keeping her altitude low, her rainbow trail showing her flightpath. As she speeds through the air, she makes a mental note of the position of the police officers and the medical teams - strategizing the best drop off point for the hostages. As she nears the blast hole, she decreases speed and manipulates her density to explode into a cloud that swirls into the interior of the bank.

[SBLOCK=OOC]First thing I'd like to do is assess the condition of the hostages. Whoever appears the most wounded I am going to grab first, unless they are guarded - in which case I'll need to wait for backup. If so, I take the first hostage I can find who appears the most helpless. To remove the hostages, I'll first compress to the smallest size I can (for the toughness) and then I'll use the gravity manipulation to make them 0 weight and scoop them up and out.[/SBLOCK]

Insight

Adventurer
drothgery said:
"Just one second here. You guys will love this. I won't, but that's my problem..." Eric says, activating what's quite possibly his strongest power -- it's certainly the strongest one he knows about -- to make the powers of all of his teammates (or at least any that are within one of two 5' cubes -- and I think we all were) stronger, before heading after Sabertooth and the Blob.

Gwen flexes her hands, not seeing any immediate effect. "Neat," she says politely.

Drerek said:
Colossus nodded to himself, this was the moment to show himself. "Paragon, you with me. We go to the front of the building, take on Sabretooth and Blob. Lightspeed, start moving and get all hostage out of there. Gwen, you and Temper go around back and try to get that third one."

With that, Colossus starts to move toward the front of the building.

"Sure thing, Peter," Gwen says, looking first to Temper, then shooting a web to the top corner of the rear of the bank building. "And off we go."

Swinging on her webline, Gwen zips to the top of the bank building. Looking down at the rear of the bank, Gwen tries to get an idea of how to get through the door without drawing too much attention to herself.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Just waiting on Temper.

Official effects of Eric's Boost, according to the GM:
GWEN
- ESP Rank 6
- Mind Shield Rank 7 (Will save now max: +16)
- Telepathy increases to a 26pp array. Since it's Dynamic, that could be useful.

COLOSUS
*technically since your GROWTH isn't Innate, you should right now be increasing to growth rank 5, but I believe it's SUPPOSED to be innate...*
- Toughness becomes 16 Impervious.
- Super Strength becomes rank 9.
- Immovable becomes rank 13.

TEMPER
- Protection now provides full Knockback resistance (Looses drawback)
- Toughness becomes 16 Impervious

LIGHTSPEED
OK, now here's the person who benefits most from being with Paragon...
- Flight increases to rank 17
- Quickness rank 15
- Shrinking Rank 6
- Gravity Control Rank 12(24pp dynamic array)*
- Corrosion Rank 12(24pp dynamic array)*
- Healing Rank 13
*I assumed since you only have a +10 attack that you would be willing to do a -1 atk/+1 save dc trade-off to get these up*

ALSO, remember that BOOST doesn't increase RANK, it increases Power Points equal to the rank of the Boost. SO Boost 10 gives 10 pp to each Power they have. Also remember that they fade at the rate of 1pp/round, meaning next round everybody looses 1 rank of each of those enhanced traits.

Perhaps Eric should invest in Total Fade or Slow Fade in the future.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Jemal, does the bank have a "back door"? And where is it in relation to the vault? Would it be easier to go in through the "hole" and run to the vault?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads