• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"No, I'm not.." Miranda was silent for a moment as she began to think about her mutant powers. "I'm a ghost..." She laughed, then glanced down towards her notes. "When I turn invisible, I could walk though walls and I fly." She raised her pencil and smiled. "I could also make this levitate as long as I'm concentrating while touching it, so I guess I'm sort of have telekinesis; but its so weak of an ability that it's not even really useful unless I'm in my ghost form..."

She frowned for a moment as her pencil dropped to the counter top. That same jerk who the beast singled out earlier was listening to Miranda and Astrid's conversation, decided to chime in with the comment of "loser powers." Miranda glared at the boy from under the cover of her invisibility and kept her gaze locked on him as she once again materialized.

"Those powers are nothing compared to my main offensive abilities."
Her glare turned into a malicious smile as she aimed her comment across to the ease dropping boy. "See, like all ghosts, I'm able to effect a person's life force. I don't like to, but I can." She turned towards Astrid and smiled. "Thats sort of why I chose the name Llorona. When my brother and I were growing up my parents used to always say 'don't to this, or that, because if you do, then the Llorona would come and get you while you sleep.'" She laughed as she threw a glance across the table before turning back to Astrid, "So, Calypso what other sort of things are you able to do with water?"

[sblock=OOC] Since I don't have any ranks of intimidate, I guess I her comments would be 'bluff' attempt to trick the unnamed ease dropper into thinking that Llorona will do something to him that night if he doesn't stop acting like a jerk. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
That doesn't sound so bad after all, Astrid thought to herself. Why's she jealous of -other- people?

"Me? Oh. Just about anything, really. I can't -create- water, but if there's any around, I can move it around, shape it, freeze it, whatever I want. Lately I've been trying to work with water -vapor-, like, in the air?" She motions vaguely with a hand. "It's harder for me to sense and mess with, but I can get it to condense now...make rain and fog and stuff."

She tapped her pencil, and admitted, "Sort of like Pyro I guess, only he can at least use that lighter. Where, me...if there's no water around, I'm pretty much useless."

Victim

First Post
"Right." Temper sprints after Gwen. What'd that do? "Since there's no door, I'll try punching through the side wall, then you swing in and engage. If you have time, check my line of fire with your remote view thing - we don't want our breaching attack to hit any civilians.," she says.

OOC: I'm not sure how far we start from the bank (a few hundred feet?). Since only Lightspeed has a movement power, getting to the bank might take some time.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"It's not that useless, well maybe if you were in space or in an enclosed environment or dealing with a robot, or someone who is insubstantial or something... But, if you think about it, the human body is composed of about 75% water... Who knows what sort of nasty things you could do if you were able to lock in on that!?" She thought for a moment, before her eyes widened at an idea. "If you are able to affect water vapor, can you make it snow?"

Shayuri

First Post
"The less pure the water, the harder it is for me to do anything to it," Astrid complains. "The water in a person's all mixed up with other stuff."

She nods then.

"I can make it snow though, yeah. Or hail. You know, not...over a huge area. But over a specific spot, I can."

Insight

Adventurer
Victim said:
"Right." Temper sprints after Gwen. What'd that do? "Since there's no door, I'll try punching through the side wall, then you swing in and engage. If you have time, check my line of fire with your remote view thing - we don't want our breaching attack to hit any civilians.," she says.

OOC: I'm not sure how far we start from the bank (a few hundred feet?). Since only Lightspeed has a movement power, getting to the bank might take some time.

[sblock=OOC]Gwen has Swinging, but she's not really strong enough to carry you... well, maybe she is...

In any event, I got the impression we were close enough not to have to worry about the distance.[/sblock]

"Sounds like a plan," Gwen replies, concentrating on the interior of the bank directly below her/in front of Temper.

Jemal

Adventurer
[The Danger Room]
[sblock=Initiative]
Lightspeed 28
Gwen 27
Temper 27
Shriek 20
Paragon 18
Colosus 17
Sabretooth 10
Blob 0. (Nat 1 followed by a -1 dex penalty. wow.)
[/sblock]

The team waits a few seconds for everybody to be ready, and then starts moving towards the building, Paragon enhancing their abilities as they go.
Lightspeed is the first to arrive, waiting just outside for the others to get a little closer as she shrinks. Then she darts in and grabs one of the three in the corner, reducing their weight and preparing to zoom out with them.
Gwen and Temper, Head to the side of the building, Temper easily knocking a hole through the wall under Gwen's directions.
The strange-looking woman Gwen saw with her ESP sticks her head out of the vault and scowls at Temper as she shakes the mortar off. (50' away, has cover from vault door).

Paragon and Colosus, meanwhile, run through the police lines, a cheer going up as the cops finally see some hope as the giant metalic man and what they probably presume to be his side-kick head in the front door, Colosus stopping face-to-face with Sabretooth, and Paragon finding his entry blocked by the sudden appearance of a wall.. er no wait, that's the BLOB.
"Kids, take out the boys, the ladies are MINE!" the woman shrieks, maniacal laughter filling the air.

[sblock=ooc]
I ran the first TWO rounds of combat to speed things up as you first get there, and then head in. From now on it'll be round by round. BTW, I rolled initiative for everyone (I will usualy roll your initiative as well as any reactive rolls that are required ASAP, but you can do the rest of the rolling on invisiblecastle provided you put your char. name in and link to your roll in your post.) And I found it amusing the order you got put in..
*BTW, I would prefer if during combat you put the descriptives of what you do in your post, and have an ooc/spoiler block with the actual actions, numbers and rolls.*

Also of note, the only character I saw in the RG that had their initiative score listed on their sheet is Temper.. I had to search for Improved init feats and Dex for everybody else.
ALSO, during combat I will be refering to you exclusively by your mutant name, so for ease of play, could you do the same? (Those that have a mutant name) This is only required during combat.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Paragon (fatigued)

It's easy enough to take down a big guy who's running at you; you just have to go low. Paragon thinks. But I don't think he's going to oblige me by charging. Best play is probably to stall until Lightspeed's got the prisoner's free.

"And I thought the Fridge had retired..." Paragon said, raising his shield, and hoping he could keep the oversized mutant from hitting him. He was betting the guy was big, but not all that fast. He hoped to God that he was right. And that he could keep the Blob's attention.

[sblock=OOC]
Paragon starts off in Total Defense; I don't know what the modifiers for that are in M&M off the top of my head. But grappling or getting into a punching match with the Blob doesn't seem like a Good Idea.

Going Total Defense puts his defense at +14 (+11 base -1 Fatigue +4 Total Defense)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Gwen and Temper, Head to the side of the building, Temper easily knocking a hole through the wall under Gwen's directions.

The strange-looking woman Gwen saw with her ESP sticks her head out of the vault and scowls at Temper as she shakes the mortar off. (50' away, has cover from vault door).

"Kids, take out the boys, the ladies are MINE!" the woman shrieks, maniacal laughter filling the air.

Gwen stares down at the appearance of the strange costumed woman and her curious comment. "No one's taking care of me, lady... 'cept maybe Pete or Eric, but that's about it!" The teenage mutant focuses on her enemy's mind. Got... to... get... through...

Clearing her mind, Gwen starts to pore her psychic energy into a funnel, assaulting the mind of this female enemy.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm going to assume that at least 1pp has faded from Paragon's Boost (if two rounds have passed, 2pp obviously, and one rank from most of Gwen's powers).

Gwen spends a full-round action trying to use her Mental Blast on "Shriek". This power is unreliable, so...

1. Unreliable Check (11 or higher to activate): 1d20=13

So far, so good...

Mental Blast is a perception range power, so no attack roll. Now, Shriek has to attempt a Will Save DC 24. This ignores cover, protection, etc.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads