• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MutantHigh Episode 4: Deadzone

Shalimar

First Post
Eris postively purrs at her acomplishment, laying her head down on Joey's chest. She smiles up into Joey's face. "Promise me you wont be going anywhere for awhile, Haven would be just so boring without out you around." she whispers to him before giving him another kiss.

She rises in a single fluid motion, pulling Joey to his feat in the process. She just grins at the Cheering and winks at the King.

[OOC: Hero-point to remove the effects of the Extra-effort]

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Eris postively purrs at her acomplishment, laying her head down on Joey's chest. She smiles up into Joey's face. "Promise me you wont be going anywhere for awhile, Haven would be just so boring without out you around." she whispers to him before giving him another kiss.

"Sure unless a bitching wave comes along," he says aloud, "it isn't like I have anywhere to go."

Aenion

First Post
Domi is relieved to see Joey up and about again, but another feeling has risen when Eris kissed Joey, He's alright, but why don't I feel as relieved as I expected to be? What's wrong with me, Joey's cute guy but I'm not really jealous of Eris yet that kiss makes me feel that way for some reason ... Could it be...? No, it must be those pheromones. "Joey ... don't ever do that again..."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
Domi is relieved to see Joey up and about again, but another feeling has risen when Eris kissed Joey, He's alright, but why don't I feel as relieved as I expected to be? What's wrong with me, Joey's cute guy but I'm not really jealous of Eris yet that kiss makes me feel that way for some reason ... Could it be...? No, it must be those pheromones. "Joey ... don't ever do that again..."
"I promise nothing," Joey replis with a shrug.

Aenion

First Post
"That figures, I've seen you get nearly killed twice since I met you guys, I'm starting to think it's some weird hobby of yours," Domi smirks then turns to Eris, "So Eris what happened in there? What did he tell you?"

Radiant

First Post
January.16.2004
the Deadzone
sometime in the evening

For now the preasure has eased as the so called People Of The Jaguar go about their buisness or do other things no one of you can really make sense of. A few dozen start to carry food and plates into the temple for the feast the king ordered.
He waves the Sunguard to disperse and joins the gathering around Joey.
"Ah I am relieved you are alive and well."
He doesn't sound the least bit like it and he eyes you both jealously. Then as if suddenly struck by an idea he smiles.
"Come on, I will show you the reason for all of this. And the source of all power in the New Aztec Empire."

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
INTERLUDE:

It is amazing how loud even the softest music can sound then heard in a dark room. Even more so if you really don't want to hear it. Some music is just bad but with one is starting to scare its single listener. Michael, a youth with the most deadly mutant power sits alone in his room at the haven institute. He has his head under his blanket for a while now but the zydeco music in his ear just won't stop. But this is more than just a cajun song. Under it a voice whispers to him. It whispers of ideas, ideas that are an insult to all the christian values Micheal ever believed in.
But there is another reason Michael hides under his blanket. He is affraid of the "thing" that shares his room with him since the others left. Michael is not a coward. He doesn't hide in his bed from imagined monsters. No, he allready dared to take a look.
And he still regrets it. On ther one other bed in the room sits the gaunt man. The first thing you would notice on him are his impossible long fingers. Then your eyes can prey yourself loose from those they might wander over his haggard body and the torn and dirty black clothes on his body. Finally you would notice the dozens of amulets dangling from his neck. And there they would stay, studiyng every detail of them. They would not wander upwards any further. Because up there, hidden under an old and funny looking black t-head is the face of the monster. And the voices in the music urge you to look into that face. But the voices are dark, corrupt and sticky. They are the most frightening thing you ever heard in your life. You know that you should not listen to them.
Rolled up under his blanket Michael softly whimpers for help.

Somethere else in the building a mind like no other races through the pyramid of Haven. It travels through its glassfibre wires with near impossible speed and works itself through every piece of information along its way. It sents a cleaning drone into routine repairs, then adjusts the climate control. Then it cheks the perimter defenses before taking direct control of a reapair drone to replace Patriots damaged Microwave. While at it thinks of writing the old man a note to finally stop putting his fork in it with his food but decides it's a waste of time. It also notices another routine problem, all access to one of the students quarters has been shut of.
But suddenly there are other problems. In the air the minds new charges have just gone silent while flying a military jet.
And from somethere else information from the Pentagon flows in. Cypher must be doing something really dangerous. Suddenly a simple technical problem in the house looses all priority. Truth has other matters to attend to.

In a dark room Micheal whimpers one last time.
And right over the dangling amulets and right under the old and funnly looking t-head a face smiles.

Aenion

First Post
Radiant said:
January.16.2004
the Deadzone
sometime in the evening

For now the preasure has eased as the so called People Of The Jaguar go about their buisness or do other things no one of you can really make sense of. A few dozen start to carry food and plates into the temple for the feast the king ordered.
He waves the Sunguard to disperse and joins the gathering around Joey.
"Ah I am relieved you are alive and well."
He doesn't sound the least bit like it and he eyes you both jealously. Then as if suddenly struck by an idea he smiles.
"Come on, I will show you the reason for all of this. And the source of all power in the New Aztec Empire."

Not getting a real answer from anyone, Domi asks the king directly"So, does this mean my friends are save? If so, I'd love to see this source of yours."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
Not getting a real answer from anyone, Domi asks the king directly"So, does this mean my friends are save? If so, I'd love to see this source of yours."
"Oh yeah we were here to save your friends, yeah, are they still alive?" he shakes his head, trying to shrug off his near death experience.

Radiant

First Post
January.16.2004
the Deadzone
sometime in the evening

The king waves you of bored while he concentrates on Eris
"Yes, yes your friends are safe. You can see them at the feast. If you want to Slicer can bring you to them right now."
He concentrates on Eris again, right now the only thing of any import to him.
"Now follow me and I will show you what made all this possible. And this is just the start."

Those who follow the king are led through the main gates of the pyramid there twelve statues look down on them, each one more than five metres tall. From the inside the temple is a true work of art, it could have been just like this so many hundred years ago in a real temple.
You follow the long main corridor which is covered in beutifull jungle paintings that seem to tell a tale while they go on until you reach a huge chamber deep in the temple. There is a 15m wide hole in the middle and spiral stairways leads down into the darkness. The the king takes the first steps down and with one swift move from his arm small lightning bolts spark from his wristbands and dance around, iliminating the way.

Those who go with Silcer are led around the temple and through the village itself. They see the people live in primitve huts. They appear to be hard working but everyone is well fed and children play around everythere.

Remove ads