Mutants and Masterminds: The Heroes of Freedom [Recruit, Check Waiting List]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hammerhead said:
I also feel that casting aside some experiment is very cold and immoral for the US military, especially in the Freedom City universe. Would you mind if it was some other organization?

D'oh! Okay I'll come up with something else too… That is okay cause my first idea would work better in a marvel universe M&M game. I do have a back up plan but I'm not so sure it's a really good one. If someone wants to toss me a "simple' starting point of an idea I would be interested. I'm off tomorrow and the wife is out of town so I have plenty of time to do a write up then. :)

ES2

First Post
Sure, ya can change it from the military. Afterall, he has amnesia from beyond a month ago (if that works for the game?). I think amnesia could work for a disadvantage quirk.

I'll think about some different concepts and come up with something cool. :cool:

Agamon

Adventurer
Chloro

Description:
Sex: N/A
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 262 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Mossy Green
Identity: Public

Abilities:
STR: 14 (+2 [w/Sup-Str: +9])
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 20 (+5)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHR: 8 (-1)
[PP = 16]

Saves:
Damage +7
Fortitude +5
Reflex +1
Will +1

Attacks:
Base +4 [12 PP]
Melee +6
Ranged +5
Mental +5

Defense:
Base +5 [10 PP]
Defense 17
Flat Footed 16
Mental 17

Initiative +1
Hero Points: 5
Speed: 30

Skills:
Bluff: -6(-5)
Concentration: 2(1)
Diplomacy: -6(-5)
Listen: 3(2)
Science (Botany): 4(4)
Sense Motive -4(-5)
Spot: 3(2)
Survival: 7(6)
[PP = 15]

Feats:
Endurance
Power Attack
Takedown Attack
Toughness
[PP=8]

Powers:
Plant Control +10 [mutation]
_extra: Plant Sense
_extra: Plant Stride
_extra: Regeneration
_extra: Poison Touch (Drain)
___extra: Slow Recovery
___flaw: Limited - Strength Only
Super-Strength +7 [mutation]
_extra: Protection
___extra: Immunity (Cold, Exhaustion, Starvation, Suffocation)
_extra: Immovability
___flaw: Limited: On earth/ground only
_extra: Absorbtion +3
___flaw: Limited - Light Energy Only (Converts to Healing)
[PP=109]

Weaknesses:
Naive
Disturbing
[PP= -20]

[Total PP spent = 150]

Background
Dr. Nathan Grovemont, the botonist, environmentlist, and intelligent but generally unstable person that would eventually become the being known as The Green Man, made many forays into experimenting with plant genetics. During one such test, he attempted to splice human and plant genes together to create a mobile plant person. The process was a success, perhaps too much so, as the human/plant hybrids developed brain tissue that would make them capable of thought on level with humans. Wanting an army of subversive creatures to help him create his eco-balance, he considered the process a failure. Enraged over this failure, he destroyed all seven of the growing hybrids before they were able to awaken. Or so he thought.

One of the hybrids survived it's attemped destruction. It laid dorment for many months in Wharton State Forest, recovering from the damage and finishing its development. When it finally awoke, it was the size of an adult human. It was aware of its surroundings, but had no experiences; it's mind was the equivilant to that of a newborn baby.

It stayed in the forest, not wandering much at frist, and not nowing there was anything outside of the forest. Though it initially scared the animal inhabitants of the forest, many of them soon equated its quiet demeanor and non-hostile nature as just another part of the landscape.

Eventually, it began to wander far from where it had laid and eventually emerged in Freedom City. What he saw frightened him at first, but he soon found courage and, curious about the city and its inhabitants, began to wander the streets. People stared or moved away from his approach, unsure whether it was a new super-villian or monster, and many people called the police, the Freedom League and the Atom Family to report him. The Atom Family arrived on the scene, and realizing he wasn't a threat, they brought him to ASTRO labs, where Dr. Michael Young and a team of botanists attempted to discover what it was. The scientists named him Chloro, and when Dr. Young discovered Chloro was a genetically engineered human/plant hybrid, he took him in in an attempt to teach him and find out how intelligent it was.

Almost a year has past since then, and Chloro has quite quickly learned to speak and otherwise function in human society. He's become quite curious about plants and has insisted on watching and helping the botanists in their research. He looks to Dr. Young as a sort of father figure, and knows nothing of how or where he was created.

Appearence
Chloro is over 6 feet tall, and has grown rather steadily for from 5 and a half feet in the past year. He's also rather heavy at 262 lbs, another number that has grown from roughly 200 lbs. His 'skin' is a bark-like substance that is flexable and green around the joints, but quite hard and wood-like otherwise. His eyes are green and has a mossy-type substance on his head that passes for hair, but is actually helpful in the photosynthesis process that gives him nourishment. When standing in one spot on bare earth, tiny roots grow from his feet and into the ground, giving him stability and collecting nutrients from the soil. The roots are either quickly retract when he moves again, or, if there's no time to retract them, he can rip free of them painlessly. Chloro unsually doesn't wear any clothing, as he finds them uncomfortable, they tear easily on his body, and he has no real need to wear anything.

Personality
Chloro is an emotional void. He can show content and has on occasion shown some signs of anger and disappointment, but is otherwise quite stoic. Humor is completely lost on him. He might understand a joke, but you'll see him laugh at it. He is often quite calm and thoughtful, and never rushes to make a rash decision or move. It took him a long time to understand why humans rush all the time, though he still sometimes forgets this, infuriating those around him that are impatient or on a schedule. And though he understands opinion and personal choice, and sometimes exhibits them, he prefers to stick with what is logical rather than form an opinion. Slow to make friends, when he does, he's loyal to them for life.

Last edited:

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Infernal

Description:
Sex: Male
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 265 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black and cut close, military style
Identity: Public

Abilities:
STR: 20 (+5 [w/Sup-Str: +15])
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 20 (+5)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHR: 10 (+0)
[PP = 24]

Saves:
Damage +7
Fortitude +5
Reflex +1
Will +1

Attacks:
Base +7 [21 PP]
Melee +12
Ranged +8
Mental +8

Defense:
Base +6 [12 PP]
Defense 17
Flat Footed 16
Mental 17

Initiative +1
Hero Points: 5
Speed: 30

Skills:
Listen: 4(3)
Spot: 3(2)
[PP = 5]

Feats:
Toughness
Choke Hold
Improved Grapple
Improved Pin
Power Attack
Takedown Attack
Improved Takedown Attack
Rapid Takedown
Immunities: Suffocation, Starvation, Cold, Heat, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Pressure, Electricity, Radiation
[PP=16]

Powers:
Alternate Form Solid (Stone)+10 [mutation]
_flaw: permanent
_extra: Protection
_extra: Immunities
_extra: Super Strength
___extra: Thunderclap
___extra: Shockwave
___power stunt: Lethal
Energy Field: Fire +10 [mutation]
[PP=82]

Weakness:
Disturbing
[PP= -10]

[Total PP spent = 150]

(Background/Description coming soon)

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
All of the other super teams will be around. However, the Atom Family is usually off exploring, the Next Gen spends most of their time in class, and the Freedom League often handles issues outside Freedom City.

Aust Meliamne, your character looks good. However, instead of two Attack Focuses, why not just one point of base attack?

Agamon, your character looks nice too.

Seems like we have two good brick-type characters finished. (Well, at least their character sheets.)

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Aust Meliamne, your character looks good. However, instead of two Attack Focuses, why not just one point of base attack?
You mean drop my attack focus feats, freeing up 4pp and add 1 BAB for 3pp leaving 1pp left over? If that's what you mean, that's not a bad idea. I'll check into that when I get home to my books.
If that's not what you mean, then I'm afraid I'm :confused:

Also, I would not be opposed to playing another nich, like speedster, enegy blaster, misc dude, etc. to round out the team instead of having 2 bricks. What niches are you other players thinking of filling?

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Yeah, that's what I mean.

Play whatever you want; this isn't D&D, where you need to have certain classes to work at full effectiveness. Besides, Agamon's character isn't a full brick; he only has 7 points of Super Strength and a variety of plant related powers.

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Yeah, that's what I mean.

Play whatever you want; this isn't D&D, where you need to have certain classes to work at full effectiveness. Besides, Agamon's character isn't a full brick; he only has 7 points of Super Strength and a variety of plant related powers.
Cool. I'll look over my options when I get back home. :cool:

ES2

First Post
Okay, here's my character. Check the math on the powers to make sure I got it all correct. This is a guy who has powers based on the fact that nanobots have molded in with his body and has provided him with some, rather, abnormal powers (at least by human standards) :D

Name: ?? (having amnesia kinda makes this one really hard)
PL: 10

Str: 18 +4 8 pts
Dex: 14 +2 4 pts
Con: 20 +5 10 pts
Int: 10 +0 0 pts
Wis: 20 +5 10 pts
Cha: 10 +0 0 pts

Fort: +5
Damage: +10 (in Steel form, he also has 5 levels of Protection).
Ref: +2
Will: +10

Weakness:
Amnesia (-10 pp)
Vulnerable to Electricity (-10pp)

Base Attack: +7 (total points 21)
melee attack: +11
ranged attack: +9
Base Defense: +5 (total points 10)
total defense: 17
flat-footed: 15
touch: 17
mental: 20
Possible Attacks: (Damage save) normal/steel form
Punch: Damage DC 19/24
Shifted Blades: Damage DC 24/29
---> Base 15, +4 normal Strength, +5 Blades, +5 Super-Strength in steel form.

Skills: bonus/points (total points 11)
Spot +9/4
Survival +9/4
Jump +6/2
Concentration +6/1

Feats: (total points 16)
Instant Stand
Immunity - Aging, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Pressure, Starvation, Suffocation.

Powers:
Amazing Save: Damage rank 5
extra: Will

Regeneration rank 10
extra: regrow

Shapeshift rank 5
extra: weapons/blades

Alternate Form - Steel rank 5
included: Super Strength 5
included: Protection 5

total pp: 80

Powers Overview:
I figured that the nanobots would have molded into him on a molecular level, enhancing his body in ways that make him immune to most natural forms of death. Basically, he doesn't need to eat, sleep, or even breath, but he does anyways because he doesn't realize that his body has adapted in such a way. Old habits die hard sometimes. He has super fast regeneration, capable of healing damage at amazing rates. He is able to morph his body into other shapes, but as long as they are of a similar size, and he is learning that he can alter his body to form a vareity of blades and pointy objects. The nanobots have also made him harder to hurt in the first place, and also helps protect his mind against mental effects. The latest thing he has learned is that he can physically change his body into living steel, which enhances his strength and provides him with even greater protection.

Also known to him is the fact that he has amnesia, so he doesn't know his name, why he has these powers, what he's supposed to do with them, etc, this is practically total amnesia and he's been living on the streets. What he doesn't know is that, despite all these great gifts he has, he is vulnerable to electricity. The nanobots, being a rather sophisticated form of technology, have this inherent weakness, and he has it also. To him, if he was blasted with a heavy, heavy dose of electricity, it would feel as if his body was kind of short circuiting.

Right now, he's wondering the streets of Freedom City. Sometimes he saves a person or two when he sees that they can't take care of themselves, and because he's been doing this in the more bad part of town for the last month or two, the media is now publishing stories of a 'street walker' that is taking back the streets. This character has no knowledge of what the media is calling him, pays no attention to it (or hasn't run across it), but right now he's just trying to figure out what he is. Part of him thinks he's a freak, part of him thinks he's a god, and part of him just wants to die. The majority of him wants to find out why he's this way, but he doesn't know how to go about doing this.

His personality: he's a loner right now, but that's cuz no one will really talk to him. He's afraid to approach others because of his amnesia, but deep down he wants to know others. He's perceptive and his grey eyes are always on the constant lookout for trouble, and he's willing to help others like him defend themselves against the more criminally minded folks of Freedom City.

His description: He's about 6'9" tall (the nanobots increased his size dramatically) and looks like he weighs 300 pounds of solid muscle. His skin has a grey tone to it, in bright lights it looks albino, and his eyes are solid grey, no pupils, and he tends to wear sunglasses to hide this from others. His clothes are ragged for now, dirty, and he hasn't taken a bath in a month. His hair, brown, has slight grey streaks in it, runs down past his shoulders. He has a mustache, also greying. From just looks alone he looks like he is about 40 years old, maybe a little older.

Current habits: Lately, over the last week, he's been hiding out in the Freedom City park (I'm assuming there's a park in Freedom City, all great cities have one), sleeping in bushes to hide from patrols. He doesn't know why he's here, but he kind of feels as if something else is here that may help him...either that, or he's paranoid, and that's crossed his mind also.

Remove ads