"Necessary Evil" IC

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: I know your next actions in general, but there is a potential in failure. Please describe your next moves step by step including skill rolls, when necessary.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

The Sorceress points towards the surface, so they can talk again.

“So far, so good. How should we proceed now? I could get out of the water and near that hall, seeing that I can attune myself to that place and then teleport into the sub and create the portal for you to follow right afterwards. Or, you guys open it somehow. What shall it be?”

As they discuss the last details of their plan, the Sorceress looks around to spot any possible guards that might see them.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare aka Brick

Ben nods at the Sorceress' gestures toward surfacing. Once Siren could focus her psychic abilities past keeping them all breathing, her illusions could come back into play. He follows the sorceress closely as she moves, keeping an eye out for more dangers.

ETA: Unfortunately, the sting of salt water makes noticing much of anything difficult...

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis nods, and follows suit as well. Perhaps, after all this inconvenient, he'll get to actually kill something that bleeds. Not like that metallic man.

Insight

Adventurer
Cybermind pokes his head out of the water and looks to the base. "There must be additional security for these vehicles," he says. "I will locate and disable it."

OOC: Using Detect Electronics (2) (Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended 2, Tracking) and Notice check. The goal here is to determine electronic security measures around the target sub and what computer networks may be associated with it. Note: Extended 2 means Cybermind doesn't take a range penalty for 1,000ft (I think).

Assuming the detection is successful, the next step depends on the computer system. If it is somewhat friendly, Cybermind will use Comprehend Electronics 2 (Ex: Linked to Communication 9 (Ex: Area; Fl: Limited - Electronics Only; PF: Rapid 3, Selective, Subtle)), which allows for a Computers check to "convince" the computer system to do Cybermind's bidding. If the system is more hostile, Cybermind will use Mind Control 10 (Fl: Limited - Electronics / Machines Only) instead.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Once the group is capable of breathing on their own, Siren focuses on her Illusions, muffling any sound they make and masking their visual presence from any patrols while Cybermind works on the security.

Walking Dad

First Post
To your great surprise (and Helis nuisance) everything works out as planned.

The Sorceress is able to attune to the sub while Cybermind takes control of the electronic security and Siren clouds the mids of the nearby worker.

The illusion fails as you start your journey, but Cyberminds middlings have left the other sub inoperable for the near future.

----

HydroBase 11 is a three-part, capsule-shaped laboratory sitting on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. It features two docking stations, living quarters, commissary, power generator and a large research laboratory. The three capsules are connected by access tubes.

50093d1319145158-necessary-evil-ic-hydrobase-map.jpg

OOC: Will Cybermind try to mask their approach with his powers?
BTW, if you don't have your maximum HP, refresh them to your starting value.

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Will Cybermind try to mask their approach with his powers?

Cybermind will go to a nearby computer terminal and attempt to disable the rest of the security (cameras, alarms, other electronic countermeasures) from this point all the way to the sub. In addition, Cybermind will attempt to learn what physical security exists between here and there (such as guards, doors we will need to get through, etc).

OOC: Computers check and possible Notice check using ESP (Medium: Cameras).

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Insight]Cybermind infiltrates the station's security systems. The base is currently under red alert (all doors under shot down), but the communication system is broken. Only one dock is accessible, as the other Omegan's sub is still attached to the port one.
He gets flickering images from damaged cameras through the station, but some room have no light and the cameras in the powerstation and main lab are utterly broken.
He cannot find any personal on the security feeds he can access.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Cybermind frowns a bit. "We need to hurry," he says. "This may be the best chance we're gonna have. No one on the cameras... that I can see, anyway. We'll have to break through whatever security exists when we get there. There's not much more I can do from here."

Remove ads