• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help creating a stand up comedy routine in a fantasy setting

solamon77

Explorer
Hi guys!

I'm a DM who is currently running a Pathfinder / 3.5 RPG (set in the Forgotten Realms however) and my party's getting ready to enter Waterdeep.

I thought it might be fun if one of the taverns had a bard delivering a stand up comedy routine and I need help coming up with some world appropriate jokes. I'm really struggling with this. Can anyone help?

Mad_Jack

Legend
An elf, a dwarf and a human walk into a bar. The Halfling walked under it.

Punchline: "The unicorn does have a point, y'know..." "Yes, and it's on the end of his horn."

Henry

Autoexreginated
Bard 1: So, there's this adventuring party, which formed up ranks to face off against the foul orc horde, and in the front, they put their mightiest Champion, Hu..
Bard 2: Hu?
Bard 1: Exactly.
Bard 2: What?
Bard 1: no, Watt was on the left flank, casting lightning bolts.
Bard 2: i cant tell who was on the left flank!
Bard 1: No, dummy, Hu was in front!
bard 2: I DON'T KNOW!
Bard 1: no, she was in back, invisble!
Bard 2: Who?
bard 1: no, Ida Nau! Would you listen?

Henry

Autoexreginated
My new boyfriend, i'm thinking of dumping him... he's so arrogant, it's like i don't exist... plus I caight him looking at another woman walking behind us, last night... to be fair, he's a beholder, so...

What's the difference between a paladin and a goblin?
The goblin doesn't pee on people and talk at the same time...

(Talking to a heckler) are you a wizard, or do you not have a good reason for smelling like bat guano?

Ghoul walks into a restaurant, and the waiter says, "get out! We don't serve your kind here!"
Ghoul says, "that's OK -- is the human fresh, though?"
(Stolen from fallout 4)

"Roper? I hardly knew her!"

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Q: How many gargoyles does it take to light a torch?

A: Two - one to hold the tinderbox, and the other to rub his face on it.

solamon77

Explorer
Nice! I can see the scene taking shape now! Here's a joke I found online recently:

What did the dragon say when a paladin grabbed him by his tail!
Ahhh! This is the end of me!

solamon77

Explorer
Here's a little Snow White routine I just wrote (which may or may not work depending up whether or not you assume fairy tales exist in your world):

So, I don't know if you folks keep up on recent developments, but a survey just found out that six out of seven dwarves ain't Happy!
ZING!!! A little Snow White humor for you there folks...
But seriously folks, I love Snow White! But then, so do plenty others! Afterall, she's living with seven other guys!
Snow White? More like Ho White!
I can see her now sitting on Pinocchio's face:
Lie to Pinocchio! Lie to me!
HOO-RAH!
Hey, that reminds me, what's pink and has seven dents?
Snow White's cherry!
Get it! Snow White's cherry!?
Tough crowd tonight...

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Take my knife...PLEASE!"

"Did you hear about the Necromancer King who created an army of mummies to build his stronghold? It was a pyramid scheme."

"I hate disembodied spirits...they're SO possessive."

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Make the Bard a Mime - can't get out of a box, pulling a rope, going down stairs, juggling objects, playing an air guitar (sound FX behind the curtain) , etc...

Bard doing bird calls, ka-caa ka-caa...

Jokes: any one liner can be converted to work in a fantasy scene, just look them up.
- Why do orcs have big nostrils...ever see their fingers.
- How do you find a kobold's hole...lift it's tail.
- What's better than a dead goblin...two dead goblins.
- Why was the miller afraid of his wife...she was a hag.

Remove ads