Need help with a Warlock build.

dwayne

Adventurer
Arch-Villian

Here is an arch-Villian that will Harass my PCs for Several levels. What do you think.

Class: warlock
Race: Human
Level: 16
Str: 15, Dex: 15, Con: 16, Int:20, Wis: 15, Cha: 21, App: 15.
Feats: Ability focus (eldritch blast), Supernatural Transformation (eldritch blast),Martial weapon proficiency (longsword), Point blank shot, Battle caster, Precise shot, improved Precise shot.
Items Magic:
Bracers: black leather Silver Skull motif.
Powers: +5 Natural armor bonus.

Necklaces: of heavy silver chain again with a sliver skull with ruby eyes.
Powers: Adaptation: The magic of the necklace wraps the wearer in a shell of fresh air, making him immune to all harmful vapors and gases (such as cloudkill and stinking cloud effects, as well as inhaled poisons) and allowing him to breathe, even underwater or in a vacuum. When worn, it adds a +6 enhancement bonus to her Charisma score.

Mantle: of thick almost light absorbing black cloth this hooded mantle provides the wears face with constant shadow.
Powers: Spell Resistance: This garment, worn over normal clothing or armor, grants the wearer spell resistance 21. When laid out acts as a portable when opened fully, a portable hole is 6 feet in diameter, but it can be folded up to be as small as a pocket handkerchief. When spread upon any surface, it causes an extradimensional space 10 feet deep to come into being. This hole can be picked up from inside or out by simply taking hold of the edges of the cloth and folding it up. Either way, the entrance disappears, but anything inside the hole remains.
The only air in the hole is that which enters when the hole is opened. It contains enough air to supply one Medium creature or two Small creatures for 10 minutes. The cloth does not accumulate weight even if its hole is filled. Each portable hole opens on its own particular nondimensional space. If a bag of holding is placed within a portable hole, a rift to the Astral Plane is torn in that place. Both the bag and the cloth are sucked into the void and forever lost. If a portable hole is placed within a bag of holding, it opens a gate to the Astral Plane. The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, the portable hole and bag of holding being destroyed in the process.

Skull belt of Surmond: This belt is made of dark brown leather with blood red detail trim and steel studs the buckle is a black ebony skull.
Powers: +5 resistance to saves, +5 to deflection (AC), Also the skull once per day, after it has been worn for at least 1 hour, the mask can be loosed to fly from the wearer’s face. It travels up to 50 feet away from the wearer and attacks a target assigned to it. The grinning skull mask makes a touch attack against the target based on the wearer’s base attack bonus. If the attack succeeds, the target must make a DC 20 Fortitude save or be struck dead, as if affected by a finger of death spell. If the target succeeds on his saving throw, he nevertheless takes 3d6+13 points of damage. After attacking (whether successful or not), the mask flies back to its user. The skull has AC 16, 10 hit points, and hardness 6.

Spiked Gauntlet of dwarves might: A wicked spiked glove of blacked steel and obvious dwarf manufacture.
Powers: +2 weapon, also it can act as a ring of the ram the wearer can command the gauntlet to give forth a ram like force, manifested by a vaguely discernible shape that resembles the head of a ram or a goat. This force strikes a single target, dealing 1d6 points of damage if 1 charge is expended, 2d6 points if 2 charges are used, or 3d6 points if 3 charges (the maximum) are used. Treat this as a ranged attack with a 50-foot maximum range and no penalties for distance.
The force of the blow is considerable, and those struck by the ring are subject to a bull rush if within 30 feet of the gauntlet-wearer. (The ram has Strength 25 and is Large.) The ram gains a +1 bonus on the bull rush attempt if 2 charges are expended, or +2 if 3 charges are expended.
In addition to its attack mode, the gauntlet also has the power to open doors as if it were a character with Strength 25. If 2 charges are expended, the effect is equivalent to a character with Strength 27. If 3 charges are expended, the effect is that of a character with Strength 29.
The gauntlet has 10 charges. When all the charges are expended, the gauntlet becomes a nonmagical item until it recharges its self gaining one charge per day.

Volgiths Boots of movement: these heavy dark black leather boots have a skull motif as well but only noticeable upon close inspection.
Powers: These boots increase the wearer’s base land speed by 10 feet. In addition to this striding ability (considered an enhancement bonus), these boots allow the wearer to make great leaps. She can jump with a +5 competence bonus on Jump checks. Any character wearing this footwear may teleport three times per day, exactly as if he had cast the spell of the same name. And finally on command, these leather boots allow the wearer to levitate as if she had cast levitate on her.

Breastplate of deception: This armor looks how ever the wearer want it to from robes to a shiny suit of armor.
Powers: +5, Glamered: A suit of armor with this ability appears normal. Upon command, the armor changes shape and form to assume the appearance of a normal set of clothing. The armor retains all its properties (including weight) when glamered. Only a true seeing spell or similar magic reveals the true nature of the armor when disguised. Fortification Heavy: This suit of armor or shield produces a magical force that protects vital areas of the wearer more effectively. When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on the wearer, there is a 100% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally. Evasion: Also this armor continually grants the wearer the ability to avoid damage as if she had evasion. Whenever she makes a Reflex saving throw to determine whether she takes half damage, a successful save results in no damage.

Ebon Death: This longsword is made of black ice from deep in the great ring, the handle is wrapped in a dark green hide but the rest of the blade has been carved from the ice its self.
Powers: +4 , sheds light as a torch when the temperature drops below 0°F. At such times it cannot be concealed when drawn, nor can its light be shut off. Its wielder is protected from fire; the sword absorbs the first 10 points of fire damage each round that the wielder would otherwise take.
It extinguishes all nonmagical fires in its area. As a standard action, it can also dispel lasting fire spells, but not instantaneous effects, though you must succeed on a dispel check (1d20 +14) against each spell to dispel it. The DC to dispel such spells is 11 + the caster level of the fire spell. Icy Burst: An icy burst weapon functions as a frost weapon that also explodes with frost upon striking a successful critical hit. Upon command, a frost weapon is sheathed in icy cold. The cold does not harm the wielder. The effect remains until another command is given. A frost weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of cold damage on a successful hit. The frost does not harm the wielder. In addition to the extra damage from the frost ability, an icy burst weapon deals an extra 1d10 points of cold damage on a successful critical hit. If the weapon’s critical multiplier is x3, add an extra 2d10 points of cold damage instead, and if the multiplier is x4, add an extra 3d10 points. Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the cold energy upon their ammunition.
Even if the frost ability is not active, the weapon still deals its extra cold damage on a successful critical hit. Keen: This ability doubles the threat range of a weapon. Only piercing or slashing weapons can be keen. (If you roll this property randomly for an inappropriate weapon, reroll.) This benefit doesn’t stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon (such as the keen edge spell or the Improved Critical feat). Defending: A defending weapon allows the wielder to transfer some or all of the sword’s enhancement bonus to his AC as a bonus that stacks with all others. As a free action, the wielder chooses how to allocate the weapon’s enhancement bonus at the start of his turn before using the weapon, and the effect to AC lasts until his next turn. Energy Resistance cold 20: when held the sword continually protects the owner from damage from cold. Each time the welder would normally take such damage, subtract the sword’s resistance value from the damage dealt.

Also any one have Ideas on some new kinds of Evocations? :)

Last edited:

was

Adventurer
RigaMortus said:
Thanks for all your advice... Here is the current build I am working with at the moment.
Str 12 +1
Dex 15 +2
Con 14 +2
Int 12 +1
Wis 10 +0
Cha 14 +2
My only concerns are the way my ability points are distributed, and any must have feats I may be missing.
Thoughts?

I'd still beef up Cha. to 15 insteads of Dex. It is your primary statistic for your class. That way you can raise it up to 16 at 4th level. If you're worried about your AC, take the Battle Caster feat as I previosly mentioned, it will put you into medium armor with no spell failure penalties.
...anyways, those are my thoughts...

RigaMortus

Explorer
was said:
I'd still beef up Cha. to 15 insteads of Dex. It is your primary statistic for your class. That way you can raise it up to 16 at 4th level. If you're worried about your AC, take the Battle Caster feat as I previosly mentioned, it will put you into medium armor with no spell failure penalties.
...anyways, those are my thoughts...

I don't think Charisma is really necessary at all, especially for my build. The only Invocation that I picked which requires a decent Charisma is Repelling Blast. Other than that, Charisma is not really needed. I think I can even take it down to 10 if I wanted to. I'm not making a UMD Warlock either (though I did put points into it for the hell of it).

I feel that a higher Dex is much more important as it adds to defense, init and my main ability which is firing off Eldritch Blast.

But thanks for the advice.

RigaMortus

Explorer
Thanee said:
Sudden Still Spell? Does that even work on Invocations?

Bye
Thanee

All Sudden feats work with Invocations because they do not modify spell slots. It specifically mentions that you can use Sudden feats with Invocations in the Complete Arcane book.

UMD and Scribe Scroll

I can't believe no one's suggested the Warlock take Scribe Scroll. With that and UMD (with the ability to take 10) he can use the 'emulate spell prerequisite' ability to scribe scrolls off of _any_ list!

Ken

was

Adventurer
RigaMortus said:
I don't think Charisma is really necessary at all, especially for my build. The only Invocation that I picked which requires a decent Charisma is Repelling Blast. Other than that, Charisma is not really needed. I think I can even take it down to 10 if I wanted to. I'm not making a UMD Warlock either (though I did put points into it for the hell of it).

I feel that a higher Dex is much more important as it adds to defense, init and my main ability which is firing off Eldritch Blast.

But thanks for the advice.

=Oh, okay. I didn't see where you were going with it. In that case, you might want to think about point blank shot and precise shot. They're applicable to your eldritch blast, if that's your primary weapon. You might also think about combining your eldritch blast damage with a melee weapon via hideous blow. With a beefed up Dex., weapon finesse would be a good feat.

kjenks

First Post
Haffrung Helleyes said:
I can't believe no one's suggested the Warlock take Scribe Scroll. With that and UMD (with the ability to take 10) he can use the 'emulate spell prerequisite' ability to scribe scrolls off of _any_ list!

Ken

Scribe Scroll doesn't work that way with Use Magic Device.
SCRIBE SCROLL [ITEM CREATION]
Prerequisite: Caster level 1st.
Benefit: You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. [...]

You can't use UMD to pretend that you know a spell.

And you can't Take 10 with UMD.

Special: You cannot take 10 with this skill.

fafhrd

First Post
kjenks said:
Scribe Scroll doesn't work that way with Use Magic Device.

You can't use UMD to pretend that you know a spell.

And you can't Take 10 with UMD.

Usually correct. The Warlock gets Deceive Item and Imbue Item abilities which allow him to circumvent those issues.

Krafen

First Post
No one has suggested Weapon Focus: Eldritch Blast. I would think this would be a good choice early on. Is there something I'm missing?

Remove ads