Netbook of Feats

Velmont

First Post
IMPROVED SUBDUAL
I think that one is fine. I don't see a problem for osmeone to have easier time to make subdual with a lethal weapon.

SUMMONING CONCENTRATION
This feat seems mostly useless over level 10, and not that powerfull at level 1, as a wizard cannot cast while concentrating. The only good side of that, i think, it is that it make summon spell more usefull at lower level.

LiquidBlue

First Post
I have made changes to several of the feats in the proposal. All of these changes in some way made the feat changed more powerful. Perhaps such provacative actions will elicit some discussion. :D

I changed both the Extra Rage and Extra Wildshape feats so that they both provided two additional uses of the relevant ability instead of one. These changes puts these feats in-line with the WOTC versions. I also clarified the Extra Wildshape ability so that it is clear that the extra wildshapes only apply to a single wildshape ability.

I changed Foul Sneaking so that included both the dazed and dazzled conditions.

I changed Inspire Cooperation to Song of Unity. Song of Unity gives the bard three bardic music effects, including the previously proposed Inspire Cooperation.

Velmont said:
SUMMONING CONCENTRATION
This feat seems mostly useless over level 10, and not that powerfull at level 1, as a wizard cannot cast while concentrating. The only good side of that, i think, it is that it make summon spell more usefull at lower level.
If the feat as proposed is somewhat underpowered, perhaps I could suggest an improvement. I have been tempted to start a thread about the feat Spell Focus(Conjuration). As far as I can tell, the feat is entirely useless as I am not sure that there are many, if any, conjuration spells that allow a saving throw. Unfortunately, this feat is sometimes used as a prerequisite for other things. I am not sure that Augment Summoning or the Thaumaturgist are so overpowered that they must require an entirely useless feat. Perhaps then to make Summoning Concetration more useful it could similate Spell Focus(Conjuration) for the purposes of fulfilling prerequisites.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Spell Focus Conjuration is a perfectly legitimate feat. It applies to two of the most powerful 2nd-level spells, my favourite trap and certainly the best for its level, a bunch of nice cloud attacks, Planar Bindings, Trap the Soul, all Cure and Inflict spells used to damage, Heal, Harm, and the Mass versions, etc. Here's a partial list (I didn't do all the cleric or druid spells because they aren't labeled based on school on the list so it took too long to find them):

Glitterdust
Web

Sepia Snake Sigil

Stinking Cloud
Cloudkill
Incendiary Cloud

Planar Binding (all three)

Trap the Soul

Cure Wounds (All of them)

Heal and the Mass version

Storm of Vengeance

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
For Extra Wildshape I would split it in two, Extra Animal Wildshape who could gives 2 extra uses and Extra Elemental Wildshape who could gives only 1 extra use. Elemental Wildshape is more powerfull than Animal, it is a reason why a Druid have less use and get it later.

For Spell Focus (Conjuration), here a list of spell that asks for a Saving throw. It isn't complete.

Wizard/Sorcerer
Cloud Kill, Grease, Glitterdust, Incendiary cloud, Plane Shift, Sepia Snake Sigil, Stinking cloud, Planar Binding, Planar binding Lesser, Planar binding Greater, Teleport (That's a funny offensive spell), Teleport other, Teleport object, Trap the Soul, Web

Divine spells:
Cure, Fire Seeds, Heal, Plane Shift, Storm of Vengeance

There is many Conjuration(Healing) divine spells that allow a saving throw, but are considered harmless and cannot be used against undeads, so I didn't include them.

Conclusion, I don't find it useless... Ok, it is less powerfull than many other schools, but telling it is totally useless, I disagree.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Necromancy, not Conjuration...
Oops! For some reason I clicked a cure and thought I had hit an inflict of the same severity :eek:

In any case, PC clerics are probably more likely to attack with cures against undead since many can spontaneously get those. I'll edit above.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Okay, I need to revise my statement. Spell Focus(Conjuration) is not entirely useless. I guess I was just under that impression since almost all of the offensive spells from the conjuration school do not allow saves. I can see where a wizard using one of the planar binding spells would want to have it. When calling something with one of those spells, you really do not want the creature to make its save.

Taking into account that Spell Focus(Conjuration) is not entirely useless, would it yet be acceptable to have Summoning Concetration satisfy SF(Conjuration) prerequisite requirements?

Velmont said:
For Extra Wildshape I would split it in two, Extra Animal Wildshape who could gives 2 extra uses and Extra Elemental Wildshape who could gives only 1 extra use. Elemental Wildshape is more powerfull than Animal, it is a reason why a Druid have less use and get it later.

I agree, I'll make the change.

Knight Otu

First Post
I vote Yes on the following feats:

Extra Rage [General]
Extra Animal Wild Shape [General]
Extra Elemental Wild Shape [General]
Improved Subdual [General]
Psychic Sense [Psionic]
Summoning Concetration [General]

I vote No on Divine Boon.

I'll reserve judgment on the other feats for now.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I vote Yes on the following feats:

Extra Rage [General]
Extra Animal Wild Shape [General]
Extra Elemental Wild Shape [General]
Improved Subdual [General]
Psychic Sense [Psionic]
Summoning Concetration [General]

I vote No on Divine Boon.

I'll reserve judgment on the other feats for now.

Okay, Knight Otu has voted on several of the feats. Could some of the other judes weigh in?

Erekose13

Explorer
Divine Boon - The feat proposed is specific to those domains mentioned in Special correct?
I'd be okay if it was only 1 additional use as there are several domain powers that are very powerful (Luck, Nobility, and Sun come to mind)
I'd also be okay if you could take it multiple times 1/domain.

Extra Rage - yes
Extra Animal Wild Shape - yes
Extra Elemental Wild Shape - yes

Fiery Rage - reserve judgement to contemplate vs. Lasting Rage

Foul Sneaking - remove Dazed and I'd be okay with it. Too many things cause daze and it doesn't have any effect on AC.

Animal Companionship -
Improved Animal Companion - I like the work you've done on this one and would be okay with either this or the other feat, but not both.

Improved Subdual - yes
Song of Unity - yes
Psychic Sense - yes
Summoning Concentration - yes

Remove ads