Netbook of Feats

LiquidBlue

First Post
I've have modified the proposal message. Each feat now indicates the votes that it has received. I have also modified Foul sneaking, so that it does not opperate for the dazed condition.

As can be seen several of the feats only require a single additional Yes vote to be accepted.

Patlin

Explorer
There's a lot here, I'll try and get through it all.

LiquidBlue said:
Divine Boon[General] 1 No
Prerequisite: A domain with a granted power that has a limited number of uses per day
Benefit: Choose one of your granted powers usable a limited number of times per day. You can now use that granted power twice more each day.
Special: Domains with appropraite granted powers include: Animal, Charm, Community, Death, Destruction, Luck, Madness, Nobility, Protection, Repose, Strength, Sun

No. Should be specific to each domain, I think. The prerequisites particularly should be more specific.

LiquidBlue said:
Extra Rage [General] 2 Yes
Prerequisite: Rage ability
Benefit: You can rage two more times per day.
Special: This feat can be taken more than once, each time allowing you to enter a fit of rage two more times per day.
Yes.

LiquidBlue said:
Extra Animal Wild Shape [General] 2 Yes
Prerequisite: Wild shape ability
Benefit: You may use your animal wild shape ability two more times per day.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, its effects stack.
Yes.

LiquidBlue said:
Extra Elemental Wild Shape [General] 2 Yes
Prerequiste: Elemental wild shape ability
Benefit: You may use you elemental wild shape ability one more time per day.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, its effects stack.
Yes.

LiquidBlue said:
Fiery Rage [General]
Prerequisite: Rage 1/day
Benefit: You can rage for a number of rounds equal to 6 plus your rage-enhanced modified Constitution modifier.
Normal: A fit of rage normally lasts a number of rounds equal to 3 plus the raging character's newly modified Constitution modifier.
No. This is a less powerfull variant on extended rage, which also has a more descriptive name.

LiquidBlue said:
Foul Sneaking [General]
Prerequisite: Dex 13, Sneak Attack 1d6
Benefit: In addition to normal sneak attack opportunities, you can sneak attack a target that is dazzled, entangled, or nauseated. See the condition summary in Core Rulebook II for a description on these conditions.
No. I'm not sure I like messing with the sneak attack mechanic.

LiquidBlue said:
Animal Companionship [General]
You have a stronger connection to your animal companion.
Prerequisite: Animal Companion ability
Benefit: Your effective level for the Animal Companion ability is three levels higher than normal; your effective level may not exceed your Hit Dice. As noted in the SRD this improves the abilities of your animal companion.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times. It stacks with itself.
Animal Companionship is Inspired by the feat IMPROVED ANIMAL COMPANION by Rick Coen and found in the Netbook of Feats

-------------------------------------

Improved Animal Companion
You can attrack amore powerful animal to be your companion.
Prerequisite: Animal Companion Class Ability
Benefit: Add +3 to your effective druid level for the purposes of your animal companion abilities. This feat cannot bring your effective druid level above your number of hit dice.

Alternatively, this feat may mitigate -3 of the penalty for choosing a more powerful animal to be your companion. This feat does not allow you to select a more powerful companion before you would otherwise be able.

Um... why are there two of these?

Out of time for now!

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
Um... why are there two of these?

Out of time for now!

The first allow to increase teh power of an animal companion, but your effective druid level cannot be higher than your character level. it is useless for full druid, but usefull to multi-class druids or to Rangers. Important note, you can take it more than once and the effect stack.

The second boost your effective druid level and can allow to raise it beyond his character level. Important note: You can only take it once.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Approved Feats

The waiting period is past. By my count Extra Rage, Extra Animal Wild Shape, and Extra Elemental Wild Shape, have all been approved. I have marked the first Original Post to reflect this.

Improved Subdual, Psychic Sense, and Summoning Concentration are each one vote short of approval.

sigfried

Adventurer
Hi Folks

Sigfried Trent here, I'm the editer / publisher of the NBOF.

Just wanted to chime in real quick. It would be great to get more feedback like this on our feats to help keep the Netbook as good as it can be. Since it is a living work we are always looking to make the feats better or at least give them ratings that give an idea of how strong they are or how closely they stick to the SRD rules for feats.

If you have some finalized versions of your revisions we'd love to have a look at them and consider revising the feats in the book accordingly. You can mail them to me at sigfried@gmail.com I'd be delighted to get them.

BTW: We came up with the additional feat categories mostly so that it is easier for people to find feats in the netbook. So if you are building a rogue you might take a quick look at the stealth feats etc... They can also be usefull for bonus feat's granted to prestige classes or the like. Finaly it is a quick way for people to see that a feat is probably not available to thier character. (A stealth feat is one that requires rogue based class abbilities according to the definition.)

Oh ya, version 12.3 just went up last week. :>

Good Gaming all,
Sigfried Trent

LiquidBlue

First Post
sigfried said:
If you have some finalized versions of your revisions we'd love to have a look at them and consider revising the feats in the book accordingly. You can mail them to me at sigfried@gmail.com I'd be delighted to get them.

I can pass some of the revised feats along as there emerges a consensus around them.

Speaking of which. Would any more of the judges care to vote on the feats. A couple have already passed, but many are still open, and some only require a single additonal Yes vote.

orsal

LEW Judge
I vote
Yes to Improved Subdual. That's a little insurance against the unexpected.
Yes to Song of Unity. Two in favour; any more?

I'm still undecided about most of the rest.

Remove ads