D&D 4E New 4E attack icon smilies

keterys

First Post
They didn't use them originally - just used m and r and such. They uploaded the images when they started to do the steady excerpts, and that spawned this thread.

Aria Silverhands

First Post
I made a set of black dice with white pips for my forums:

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

9.gif

bmelee.gif

melee.gif

ranged.gif

close.gif

area.gif

If anyone wants to "steal" them, that's fine with me. Just let people know I made 'em. ^_^ Also, you might need to use a different style for the forums to see all of them properly since they're black.

Daelkyr

First Post
Well, It took a month of upheavel at work (and a night of insomnia), but I finally got D&D 4e Icons v3 finished. I reworked the key mapping to match locustus' recommendations. I also finished making dice that match what you'll find in the PHB and MM. Nice, round, and beautiful. Finally, I found that the MM uses a icon for staged poison and disease effects. So I kit bashed a set of those as well. Be advised that those two icons have NO spacing between them so they can be placed right next to each other like in the book.

Hope this helps the community crank out some stellar 4e goodness.

m = :melee:
r = :ranged:
a = :area:
c = :close:

M = :bmelee:
R = Basic Ranged Attack
A = Basic Area Attack
C = Basic Close Attack

1 = :1:
2 = :2:
3 = :3:
4 = :4:
5 = :5:
6 = :6:

< = ,
> = .

- Josh

Attachments

• D&D 4e Icons v3.rar
    5.3 KB · Views: 2,258
  • Font Map.bmp
    235.9 KB · Views: 2,446
Last edited:

Ithil

First Post
Wow!

Great job Daelkyr! :D

These are absolutely perfect. I'm using the font to create monster cards for my games. I've attached a Word doc and pdf sample of my latest draft. These print on 5x8 index cards.

Word doc is version 2007 but opens just as well for 2003. Fonts used: D&D 4E Icons (of course), Calibri, MS Gothic (bullets only), Gaelic (title only), Courier New.

Attachments

• mmx.template.doc
    56 KB · Views: 490
  • mmx.template.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 511

Pssthpok

First Post
Daelkyr, maybe I'm retarded, but I installed your last updated font and it doesn't seem to work very well... I type in th characters you indicated and I only get back blank space.

mindshadow2k

First Post
Pssthpok said:
Daelkyr, maybe I'm retarded, but I installed your last updated font and it doesn't seem to work very well... I type in th characters you indicated and I only get back blank space.

I just installed it and it worked just fine, as a side note I had a prior version installed and removed it prior to reinstalling the font so maybe if you had an older version of the font installed you need to remove it, just a wild guess.

Remove ads