• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Discussion Thread

covaithe

Explorer
For me the problem is, where do you draw the line? Retraining, say, two powers and a feat to newly approved stuff when you level sounds fine, but retraining 5 powers and 3 feats and changing TWF for beastmaster... Seems wrong. I'd like for judges not to be bombarded with "can I switch?" requests at every approved proposal.

Maybe we can adopt a rule that if you're retraining into powers and/or feats from newly-approved (since your last level up) rules at a level up, you can retrain two powers instead of just the usual one?

This would be okay with me, but I'd like it to go through the proposal process.

Dunamin

First Post
Maybe we can adopt a rule that if you're retraining into powers and/or feats from newly-approved (since your last level up) rules at a level up, you can retrain two powers instead of just the usual one?
Offhand that doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I agree we should have go through usual processing and give the community as a whole time to think about it.

Merry Christmas to all, you guys and gals have made L4W a great online D&D pastime! :)

Vertexx69

First Post
Is that why it slowed down so much? ;p

I finally had to use an email system other than my primary excite account to send the character approval request. Ever since Excite.com changed their Email format nothing works right.

I addressed all the notes on the character sheet and it looks much more like everyone elses now.

Don Incognito

First Post
Rather than a Doppleganger Wizard, I'm throwing together some sort of Warlock / Ranger hybrid, an idea that came to me in my sleep last night.

The build I'm planning on using would benefit greatly from Adventurer's Vault, because a Pact Hammer main-hand with a Mage's Katar off-hand gives it many, many more options, so I may be proposing that book later.

I say this because I know that you are all DYING to know how my character development is coming.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, I believe that it is still several months until AV is able to be approved. (Right? Something like 3 months from print, isn't it?) Though it'll likely take at least that long for you to get two magic weapons for your Warlock/Ranger, so maybe it won't be an issue ;)

And of COURSE we're all dying to know how your character development is coming. ;) Welcome to the boards and to L4W.

covaithe

Explorer
ENWorld's PDF store claims it had the the Adventurer's Vault PDF for sale on Sept. 16th 2008, which would make it eligible for approval now. Of course, no one has proposed it yet. And I've barely turned the cover on my copy.

garyh

First Post
ENWorld's PDF store claims it had the the Adventurer's Vault PDF for sale on Sept. 16th 2008, which would make it eligible for approval now. Of course, no one has proposed it yet. And I've barely turned the cover on my copy.

Indeed, I'm surprised we haven't seen more proposals yet. Just one issue of Dragon so far!

There's also the "second PC" issue that no one's yet raised. Except I just did. ;)

Remove ads