• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New forum style available

Kaodi

Hero
Sad to say that I did not clearly remember exactly what Eric's site was like back in the day (compared to now). But I am more than happy to return to that style nonetheless, :) .

I mentioned those above. They aren't to do with the style.

Link color seems to be a style thing (Reborn has blue links, the new legacy and eric noah has yellow links). Legacy used to have orange links.

Font color also seems to be a style thing. Reborn features black text color. New Legacy and Eric Noah feature yellow font color. The old legacy had a grey colored font.

But perhaps I'm insane.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Link color seems to be a style thing (Reborn has blue links, the new legacy and eric noah has yellow links). Legacy used to have orange links.

Like I mentioned, the luminous orange was a a bug. It was supposed to apply to just the control links (edt/reply/etc.). The fact that it was affecting regular links was an issue.

Do you really want me to try to recreate one that looks like that screenshot? I will if it's important to you, but it might take a day or two.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Like I mentioned, the luminous orange was a a bug. It was supposed to apply to just the control links (edt/reply/etc.). The fact that it was affecting regular links was an issue.

Do you really want me to try to recreate one that looks like that screenshot? I will if it's important to you, but it might take a day or two.

Oh yes! Please do! I would be so grateful. I really liked the Legacy style the way it was. I don't care what you call it as long as it looks the same.

TBH, nostalgia aside, I was never a huge fan of the "Eric Noah" style from back in the day. No offense intended, but It reminds me of some of the cheaper-looking forums that existed back then. I don't like repeating background motifs. A solid black color is easiest on my aging eyes. I've reached the point in my life where most of the men in my family have required glasses and the repeating motifs are really distracting. I thought the previous Legacy style was an excellent, elegantly simple design.

airwalkrr

Adventurer

Oh yes! Please do! I would be so grateful. I really liked the Legacy style the way it was. I don't care what you call it as long as it looks the same. Using the Reborn style with Chrome High Contrast plug-in helps, but it isn't the same.

TBH, nostalgia aside, I was never a huge fan of the "Eric Noah" style from back in the day. No offense intended, but It reminds me of some of the cheaper-looking forums that existed back then. I don't like repeating background motifs. A solid black color is easiest on my aging eyes. I've reached the point in my life where most of the men in my family have required glasses and the repeating motifs are really distracting. I thought the previous Legacy style was an excellent, elegantly simple design.

Satin Knights

First Post
I would like to throw my vote in that I would like Legacy to go back to what it was, and have the Eric Noah theme as an additional dark theme people can choose from.

I preferred the grey base text. It is easier on old eyes. I liked the orange link text. And I would prefer its name to return to Legacy, because that is what we have referred to it as in nearly a year's worth of posts. Over in the LPF section, we even had a poll as to preferences.

Lately in the game threads that I have GM'd, I have been specifically stating that I am posting based on the Legacy theme (dark instead of light) so that all the players in that game are on the same baseline for color choices. Since the game thread is dark, the voice colors avoid the dark blue or dark reds and use the light blues, lavenders, yellows etc as an example.

I guess my point is, please add new things to the board. We like and appreciate that. But, don't change the pieces that are already there.

Ah, was not clear that the orange links were a bug (I failed a read english check).

Is it important - no. I come to the site for the content. Would I like them back, yeah. It's been Orange on Black for about a year now. At some point, that stops being a bug and starts being the look :D

Regardless, the font color on from the old Legacy has changed (it went from gray to yellow). Again, not a huge thing, but the Half Fiend Love Child is not what Legacy was.

Last edited:

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
I would like to throw my vote in that I would like Legacy to go back to what it was, and have the Eric Noah theme as an additional dark theme people can choose from.
Another voice asking for the old style, if it's not too much trouble. I'll accept this new one, though, if that's the choice you make. You guys always work hard, and I appreciate what you do. (Honestly, I'd love to have the kinda-speckled background from before the site crash, but I don't think that'll happen.) This new one isn't too bad (the biggest thing that bugs me is the text size, but I'll learn to live with it), I just wasn't around back in the day to get that nostalgic feeling that others are getting.

Remove ads