• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New forum style available

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Speckled background? Did we have a speckled background? I honestly can't remember!
It was the old Legacy background, before the site crash. It wasn't a hard black background. It had more of a speckled feel to it, but it was still very dark. I liked it, but like I said, I understand that we're not going back to it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It was the old Legacy background, before the site crash. It wasn't a hard black background. It had more of a speckled feel to it, but it was still very dark. I liked it, but like I said, I understand that we're not going back to it.

Oh, hang on. Do you mean this:

body.jpg

Much as I appreciate the nostalgia, the font size and basic black background of the previous style worked better for me.

What's really strange is that while the fonts are just slightly different, the menu bar at the top (What's New, News, etc) is about 50% as big as it used to be -- which is a pain as the "Forum" button is much smaller to aim at.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What's really strange is that while the fonts are just slightly different, the menu bar at the top (What's New, News, etc) is about 50% as big as it used to be -- which is a pain as the "Forum" button is much smaller to aim at.

As I mentioned, that's not a style thing. That's on all styles and is because on smaller screens they literally do not fit. The whole layout breaks. That was a change which was long needed.

I'm very dissatisfied with the whole vBulletin navigation layout (a navbar, some additional buttons, etc.) - it's overly populated, messy, and not particularly intuitive.

Last edited:

As I mentioned, that's not a style thing. That's on all styles and is because on smaller screens they literally do not fit. The whole layout breaks. That was a change which was long needed.

Oh. It fit fine on my screen so I never considered the alternative

I'm very dissatisfied with the whole vBulletin navigation layout (a navbar, some additional buttons, etc.) - it's overly populated, messy, and not particularly intuitive.

Yeah, the menus definitely need some decluttering. I've been tempted to just bookmark the forums instead, but then I'd miss looking at the news page every time I surf in.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
If I could make a couple of suggestions...

First, I would recommend some sort of background in your wrapper (.yui-u.yui-panel ) for the main news section. What's happening is that you have text against a busy background, making it harder to read. Something like this in the CSS would work nicely. You may have to add some padding.

Code:
.yui-u.yui-panel {
  background:  #000000;
}

Alternately, you can use the background tile you have above. Best of both worlds!

Also, the text editor buttons at the top of the quick reply and advanced reply options have elements that are hard to impossible to read. A little CSS work should shape that right up.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Are IMG and URL tags no longer allowed in sigs? (Maybe I missed something.)

I liked having the Dragonlance Nexus logo in my sig, linking back to the site. :)

Oh, and if no one has said it, thank you for all you do. :)

Remove ads