NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarDragon

First Post
On Digestio, my take would be that a Transmortal being would rejuvenate as soon as the one who ate it was killed, just like killing a deity with Cozen returns all the stolen abilities.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
WarDragon said:
On Digestio, my take would be that a Transmortal being would rejuvenate as soon as the one who ate it was killed, just like killing a deity with Cozen returns all the stolen abilities.

But what if that deity was also Transmortal? :p

Hi there Ltheb matey! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
As far as I can tell, you will always recover, unless recovery is actually impossible. Annihilating effect or Omega effect both seem like possible ways to defeat Transmortality; As I don't think merely rejuvenating will restore their losses. Ergo, drain their HP/HD down to 0, and they would be perma-dead. (since they would regenerate with 0 HP/HD and die again)
The Supreme being, with his Omega Effect would have little trouble wiping out timelords.

However, it might be best to note if this is how these abilities intereact; like a Sidebar or something. As far as I can tell, the following things Trump Transmortality/Cosmic String:
Annihilating [Effect] (and other permanent Entropy effects)
Oblivion (Omnific Ability)
Omega [Effect]
Karmic [Effect] (Slow)
Siphoning [Effect] (Slow, but you can drain their divine status low enough so that they lose transmortality)
Akashic [Effect] (If you have this, you probably can already deal with transmortality)

Things that MIGHT trump Transmortality/Cosmic String:
Astro [Effect] (Can you regenerate from erasure from existance?) (Also, Thelemic Effect notes Cosmic String applies, but this doesn't say either way)
Digestio (Can a consumed foe rejuvenate normally or even at all?)
Transtemporal (Foes without slipstream are slain instantly)
Abrogate (Cancel out their transmortality; Risky, since you are then unable to stop them from using their nastiest power on you)

I agree that certain things need a side bar or column to determine what blocks what. Thanks for the idea.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
I agree that certain things need a side bar or column to determine what blocks what. Thanks for the idea.

U_K, since I know space in your books is always at a premium (since you're planning for the print release), would that sidebar work better as an article on your website? You'd have more space there, and I think it would make a nice "teaser" for those who haven't yet got the book.

That said, in regards to the whole "what trumps transmortality" debate, my idea was to use effects that drain quintessence (though doing the same to Hit Dice would work too) until they can't sustain a divinity template that grants transmortality, and then just kill them. I assumed that permanently damaging effects would be undone when the transmortal being was restored after "dying."

That said, what's the answer regarding my question about cosmic consciousness a few posts back?

Hiya mate! :)

Alzrius said:
U_K, since I know space in your books is always at a premium (since you're planning for the print release), would that sidebar work better as an article on your website? You'd have more space there, and I think it would make a nice "teaser" for those who haven't yet got the book.

What I may do is remove one illustration, since I probably won't have them all done for the end of the month first official pdf release anyway.

Alzrius said:
That said, in regards to the whole "what trumps transmortality" debate, my idea was to use effects that drain quintessence (though doing the same to Hit Dice would work too) until they can't sustain a divinity template that grants transmortality, and then just kill them. I assumed that permanently damaging effects would be undone when the transmortal being was restored after "dying."

Absolutely.

Alzrius said:
That said, what's the answer regarding my question about cosmic consciousness a few posts back?

That should really only extend senses to the edge of the current layer or plane or dimension - whichever is the smallest you are within.

For example in the Abyss it would only extend to that layer, while in the Prime Material Plane it would extend to the edge of the Universe...although that may work better as simply 'the world'.

Upper_Krust said:
That should really only extend senses to the edge of the current layer or plane or dimension - whichever is the smallest you are within.

For example in the Abyss it would only extend to that layer, while in the Prime Material Plane it would extend to the edge of the Universe...although that may work better as simply 'the world'.
So, It basically means one can see, with perfect clarity, any distance, provided there are no obstructions or distortions. (Like Earth's Atmosphere, dark matter in space, etc)

Hiya mate! :)

Farealmer3 said:
Then can we get from you what overcomes transmortality? Since this doesn't exactly tell me which part of Alzrius post you agree with.

Well the pdf release is pencilled in for the end of this month, although I don't know my exact work schedule (for my part time job) past this week so I cannot say just yet what day it will be.

So to answer your question...on the next update which will be late February/very early March.

I may do one more pdf update (end of February) just get some last minute feedback on a double check and then post the pdf (on RPGNow for instance) on sale about the first week of March or something like that.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Farealmer3 said:
Then can we get from you what overcomes transmortality? Since this doesn't exactly tell me which part of Alzrius post you agree with.

I'm pretty sure he was agreeing with my saying that I assumed that all permanent damage dealt to a transmortal was undone when the transmortal being "died" and was restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads