NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ltheb mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I think U_K did say his CRs in the Bestiary are a bit on the low side. (As in, the monster is a bit more deadly than the numbers would suggest) They arn't so far off as to be unusable or arbitrary, but are conveniently off just enough to make the monster a lethal threat even at an EL +0 encounter.

Thats because a monsters CR should represent a tough EL +2 encounter. Just as they do in the official rules.

The problem arises when you realise a party of (4-5) equal level PCs would be EL +2 (instead of +4 = 50/50). So that splits EL from ECL and CR.

I have a web article I'll upload tonight which should explain it better, so I won't get into it now.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
EDIT: U_K! On a completly unrelated note, if your estimates of a level 120 spell = Create Big Bang, then I just noticed your 'sample' wyrmling nexus dragon can do it... Heck, with 2 AM levels left over... Empowered Create Big Bang!

What that doesn't take into account is the cost of casting it. Which won't be explained until Grimoire. So the question is not can it cast it, but could it afford to?

Hi dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
Fair enough...

Note:Solars have metallic skin, so it's far from normal.

Indeed. Although its unclear if thats just colouring or actually metallic. If I see a mime artist on the street with silver skin I don't assume he's bulletproof. ;)

Fieari

Explorer
As far as I can tell, the regular solar definitely gets 3/4 HD armor class (round up). I have no real idea WHY they get 3/4 armor class, but metal skin works as a good enough explanation for me. I mean, yeah, from the image it may be unclear whether the skin is merely silver colored or actually metal, but the statblock is reasonably clear on the issue.

I think I'll add another cosmic ability, and then a couple more divine ones instead of two more artifacts. Solars are known primarily for their two weapons, and nothing else, after all. I'll focus on defensive abilities, I think.

Hey Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
As far as I can tell, the regular solar definitely gets 3/4 HD armor class (round up). I have no real idea WHY they get 3/4 armor class, but metal skin works as a good enough explanation for me. I mean, yeah, from the image it may be unclear whether the skin is merely silver colored or actually metal, but the statblock is reasonably clear on the issue.

The statblock also omits Deflection and Divine bonuses.

Generally WotC do not have any clear formula for determining Armour Class.

Fieari said:
I think I'll add another cosmic ability, and then a couple more divine ones instead of two more artifacts. Solars are known primarily for their two weapons, and nothing else, after all. I'll focus on defensive abilities, I think.

One defensive and one miscellaneous item would balance well.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Im fairly sure solars have metallic flesh...rich in metals we humans dont get to eat in our corn.

Speak of corn.

Pssthpok

First Post
[whipcracking]
So UK,
Gonna have an update for us today?

I'm going to work until oh... 6:30 PM EST, so when I get home... there'd better be a full text version of IH waiting here for me to download, know what I mean?
Just a reminder, this version (2.2) will be the EIGHTEENTH UPDATE, so uh... don't disappoint, yeah? Stop plucking at Gods and Monsters and get the core text done!
[/whipcracking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads