NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hi UK,

Is there a way I can get a look at/pre-oder Ascension at this point in time ?

I checked your website but it said you're no longer taking orders. Can I still paypal the money to agooddesigner or not ?

Kalanyr said:

Hi Kalanyr mate! :)

Kalanyr said:
Is there a way I can get a look at/pre-oder Ascension at this point in time?

I checked your website but it said you're no longer taking orders. Can I still paypal the money to agooddesigner or not ?

Well what happened is that I have maxed out my paypal account, which basically means I can't withdraw anymore money because I don't have a credit card (to lift the limit).

So, as you can imagine, thats put a bit of a dampener on taking paypal orders.

I do hope to have Ascension available at rpgnow sometime in March. I mean the text (barring editing), will be finished on Tuesday. Which means I just need to do the interior art (I also need to do a new cover, but I think I could release the pdf with the old cover and then do an update with the print cover).

So, sorry about that mate, but (and taking into account this is me talking) I don't see any reason why Ascension won't be available at rpgnow sometime in March.

Fieari

Explorer
I'm posting this here instead of in the bestiary thread because it directly relates to the Ascension rules.

I wanted to see how the rule for Outsider advancement would work out using your new rules, so I tried it on the Solar, making something more worthy of your declaration that there should only be one Solar per Solar System.

http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/True_Solar

Comparing with the Cogent, of the same CR, I see that the True Solar has about a third the HP, slightly less initiative, far slower speed, comparable mortal-level SLAs but none of the epic level SLAs, weaker stats, weaker saves, weaker save DCs...

In general, the True Solar is weaker in EVERY SINGLE REGARD than the Cogent, far weaker in many cases, despite being of the exact same CR. One of the two CRs is obviously wrong. Which one though?

I think U_K did say his CRs in the Bestiary are a bit on the low side. (As in, the monster is a bit more deadly than the numbers would suggest) They arn't so far off as to be unusable or arbitrary, but are conveniently off just enough to make the monster a lethal threat even at an EL +0 encounter.

Neat solar too. :) I do miss the +5 Dancing Vorpal Greatsword though. I do think your Solar is more potent than you give it credit; Spell Abatement and Spell Absorption are strong. (The absorption would greatly help it defeat a Cogent in combat, if the Solar had more Hit dice and proportionally more spell resistance.) And the spellcasting ability gives it quite a few options in combat.

EDIT: U_K! On a completly unrelated note, if your estimates of a level 120 spell = Create Big Bang, then I just noticed your 'sample' wyrmling nexus dragon can do it... Heck, with 2 AM levels left over... Empowered Create Big Bang!

Last edited:

WarDragon

First Post
One tiny glitch in the True Solar's flavor text; it's planetars that are supposed to match with pit fiends and balors. Solars are kind of in a weird place, half-way between the highest "normal" fiends and abominations in power.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Minor Revisions

Blade [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible blades.
Prerequisites:[Effect] Ability, Immortal.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible blades, inflicting +1/4 piercing damage and +1/4 slashing damage. These blades remain embedded upon inflicting damage, as they are quite real, and must be forcibly removed. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Chain [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible chains.
Prerequisites:[Effect] Ability, Immortal.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible chains, inflicting +1/6 bludgeoning damage, +1/6 piercing damage, and +1/6 slashing damage. These chains can be used in conjunction with the Dancing Chains ability as they are quite real, although they only inflict damage when this is the desired effect. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Dancing Chains (Su)
Your divine aura manifests corporeal chains similar to those controlled by a dancing chains spell.
Prerequisites: Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests corporeal chains that attack and move, according to your whims, as per a dancing chains spell. These chains are indestructible. This ability works in conjunction with Dancing Raiment, Mask of Darkness, and Raiment of Darkness. However, each attacking appendage you make with this ability subtracts one attacking appendage from your Dancing Raiment ability and vice versa. Thus limiting your attacking appendages (chains and/or raiment) to the original total dictated by the dancing chains spell. These chains are negated by a dead magic zone.

Dancing Raiment (Su)
Your Raiment of Darkness can attack and move in a manner similar to ghost touch chains controlled by a dancing chains spell.
Prerequisites: Dancing Chains, Divine Aura, Immortal, Raiment of Darkness, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your Raiment of Darkness can now attack and move, according to your whims, in a manner similar to ghost touch chains controlled by a dancing chains spell. These appendages are indestructible. This ability works in conjunction with Dancing Chains, Mask of Darkness, and Raiment of Darkness. However, each attacking appendage you make with this ability subtracts one attacking chain from your Dancing Chains ability and vice versa. Thus limiting your attacking appendages (chains and/or raiment) to the original total dictated by the dancing chains spell. These appendages are negated by a dead magic zone.

Mask of Darkness (Su)
Your face is concealed by a mask only you can remove.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, True Seeing.
Benefit:Your divine aura either manifests as seemingly porcelain mask that only you can remove. No other being, including those of higher divine rank, or circumstances can remove this mask. Furthermore this mask is impenetrable to all forms of discernment or divination, effectively concealing you identity. This mask also renders it's wearer impervious to all gaze attacks and effects, as well as all attacks and effects reliant upon hearing, scent, sight, and taste. Removing or replacing this mask is a free action. This ability works in conjunction with Dancing Chains, Dancing Raiment, and Raiment of Darkness. This mask is negated by a dead magic zone.

Raiment of Darkness (Su)
Your divine aura manifests as an intangible raiment of darkness that moves according to your whims.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura acquires the additional effect of the Apocrypha ability. This effect benefits all of your allies. It also provides a +20 equipment bonus to all hide and move silently checks for both you and your allies. This raiment cannot be destroyed or removed and is never a hindrance to you. This raiment resembles any form of clothing ensemble desired. This ability works in conjunction with Dancing Chains, Dancing Raiment, and Mask of Darkness. This raiment is negated by a dead magic zone.

Dancing Raiment is new. Only the last three are revised. But as they are meant to go together as a suite...

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
A more liberal variance on my earlier themes

Mutable[Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as a tangible creature or tangible creatures and/or a tangible object or tangible objects.
Prerequisites: Adjuration, [Effect] Ability, Goetic Blood, Immortal, Polymorph, Shapechange
Benefit: Your [Effect] ability manifests as any tangible creature or tangible creatures and/or a tangible object or tangible objects that can be created by a polymorph any object spell, inflicting +50% more damage. The creature or creatures and/or object or objects created inflict this additional damage, thus this damage is divided as appropriate according to the creature or creatures and/or object or objects created, inflicting either bludgeoning, piercing, and/or slashing damage. All such creatures and/or objects created by this ability are permanent, real, and freed of your control in the round following their creation. This ability is commonly used to manifest anvils, blades, chains, cloaks, and vermin, though these examples are by no means limiting factors. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Last edited:

Hi Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
I'm posting this here instead of in the bestiary thread because it directly relates to the Ascension rules.

I wanted to see how the rule for Outsider advancement would work out using your new rules, so I tried it on the Solar, making something more worthy of your declaration that there should only be one Solar per Solar System.

http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/True_Solar

Comparing with the Cogent, of the same CR, I see that the True Solar has about a third the HP, slightly less initiative, far slower speed, comparable mortal-level SLAs but none of the epic level SLAs, weaker stats, weaker saves, weaker save DCs...

In general, the True Solar is weaker in EVERY SINGLE REGARD than the Cogent, far weaker in many cases, despite being of the exact same CR. One of the two CRs is obviously wrong. Which one though?

Yours.

Technically the true Solar is only CR 78, because you only have two artifacts.

Quick method: ECL 66 (HD) + 60 (Inter) - 21 (artifacts) +12 (extra cosmic) = ECL 117, x2/3 = CR 78

This is the problem with using an inexact number of divine abilities when you eschew one or more artifacts.

I should also point out that the Cogent is a Greater Power and Titanic size.

Solars should get natural armor equal to 1/4 HD because they have skin.

Hey dante!

dante58701 said:
Ak...it's in that new crap format. I can't use it.

Are you going to edit these comments or am I?

I really don't think theres any call for such negativity (unless its targeted at my sloth). ;)

When people go out of their way to create stuff, if you don't have something constructive to say about it, better to say nothing. Its okay to say you prefer the old format but to say you can't use these stats is just being silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads