• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Post-Apoc Game

Jemal

Adventurer
I don't think I'd have it attached to the arm, but I could substitute a Chainsaw for the Axe... Assuming we have gas.

That would definitely be.... Groovy.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I don't wanna have a chainsaw for an arm but I'd like to play a cyborg from one of the arcologieses. Is that passible? does the progress level support cybernetics?

Insight

Adventurer
To answer a few questions...

No FX abilities at start beyond the mutations as presented in D20 Future. Characters will not have access to magic or psionics right off the bat. That doesn't mean there will never be magic or psionics, but not right away.

Cybernetics are definitely a possibility. Read the basics in D20 Future (or the online SRD), and note that I'll be using D20 Cyberscape as well - expanded list of enhancements et al.

The game is PL 6, but some PL 7 cyberware and robotics are available to the rich and connected. I'll present the rules on how to acquire 'experimental' and 'bleeding edge' gear at a later time.

Shayuri

First Post
Hurm.

Are there any classes or prestige classes that have more mutation points?

It's gonna be really hard to do a mutant concept when the only source of MP's is flaws...

Insight

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Hurm.

Are there any classes or prestige classes that have more mutation points?

It's gonna be really hard to do a mutant concept when the only source of MP's is flaws...

Well, that's kinda the point. The flaws are a balancing factor. Otherwise, you'd be taking on a level adjustment.

I'm not aware of a class that allows more mutations, but I'd need to check D20 Apoc to know for sure (that seems the most likely place to have such things).

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...I managed to sneak a peek at Apocalypse. Seems there might be a few options.

I dunno if we're starting at 1st level or what, but if LA is possible, they have a guideline of 8 MP for +1 LA...

They also allow a feat to be purchased for 5 MP...maybe you can spend a feat to gain 5 MP? Didn't have time to read in detail. Just brainstorming...

Insight

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Hmm...I managed to sneak a peek at Apocalypse. Seems there might be a few options.

I dunno if we're starting at 1st level or what, but if LA is possible, they have a guideline of 8 MP for +1 LA...

They also allow a feat to be purchased for 5 MP...maybe you can spend a feat to gain 5 MP? Didn't have time to read in detail. Just brainstorming...

Probably starting above 1st level, so the basics of what you posted should be OK, but I need to read the specifics. I don't have my copy of D20 Apoc right now, but I'll post something when I've had a chance to look at it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads