New Star Wars show (Skeleton Crew) announced for 2023

pukunui

Legend
Apparently there's going to be a new Star Wars show on Disney+ in 2023 called Skeleton Crew. It will star Jude Law and is produced by Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau and others. No word yet on what it will be about.

MarkB

Legend
Intriguing title, and lots of potential ways it could go. The most straightforward being some undermanned capital ship, but I'd love something more whimsical, like a bunch of Force ghosts trying to fly a starship.

pukunui

Legend
Intriguing title, and lots of potential ways it could go. The most straightforward being some undermanned capital ship, but I'd love something more whimsical, like a bunch of Force ghosts trying to fly a starship.
The rustiness of the logo also makes me think of the starship wrecking yards seen in The Mandalorian and Jedi: Fallen Order, but I suppose they'd have called the show "Wrecking Crew" or something if it was set in one of those. It's probably a run-down capital ship of some kind.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
You could take just about any idea and throw it into a Star Wars setting or a setting like Marvel and not have it tied to any cannon and it might still be a cool show. It could be a doctor show or lawyer show and just be in Star Wars somehow.

pukunui

Legend
You could take just about any idea and throw it into a Star Wars setting or a setting like Marvel and not have it tied to any cannon and it might still be a cool show. It could be a doctor show or lawyer show and just be in Star Wars somehow.
Absolutely! I remember there was a Clone Wars episode that basically just followed R2 and Threepio as they ran some errands on Coruscant. It was very much a "slice of life" episode. That can be quite a fun way to flesh out a setting.

MarkB

Legend
I still want a comedic police-procedural based on those two X-Wing pilots who show up in The Mandalorian.

Sorry to bust some bubbles, but it has officially been said it is about a group of kids lost in space. I will post the Facebook or Twitter link when I find it again. Oh, and it also said while the show has kids in it, it is not a kids show.

Edit: found it quicker that I expected. From the official Star Wars site:

18. Star Wars: Skeleton Crew revealed. Jon Watts and Chris Ford relayed a few details around their recently announced series, confirming it will star Jude Law and debut in 2023. Called Star Wars: Skeleton Crew, the series will center around a group of children lost in space, and be set in the Ahsoka/The Mandalorian time frame. “It’s the story of their journey trying to find their way home,” Watts said. But he also conveyed one important aspect of the series. “It stars four kids, but it is not a kids show.”

Remove ads