newbies guide for Fallout 4

MarkB

Legend
Yeah. Still might be better than Railroad though.
Yeah, my biggest issue with Fallout 4 is that I just can't get along with any of the main factions - they all either have some ideological flaw or are just too darn irritating. The Minutemen are kind-of the best of a bad batch, and at least once you take the Castle you can just stash Garvey there and forget about him.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, my biggest issue with Fallout 4 is that I just can't get along with any of the main factions - they all either have some ideological flaw or are just too darn irritating. The Minutemen are kind-of the best of a bad batch, and at least once you take the Castle you can just stash Garvey there and forget about him.

You can more or less blitz their missions.

Might be the one ending I didn't get. It bugged out with the one of the npcs.

Best (content not ethically)

BoS
Institute
Flip a coin.

pukunui

Legend
Is it possible to play this game as a FPS without bothering with all the mini games? I’m not big into farming, crafting, building, or any of that. I just want to explore, experience the story, and shoot stuff.

Is it possible to play this game as a FPS without bothering with all the mini games? I’m not big into farming, crafting, building, or any of that. I just want to explore, experience the story, and shoot stuff.
Vanilla no, with mods you can make into a modern first person shooter but the script extender hasn't been updated yet so a number of mods aren't working correctly right now.

EDIT: Part of the story imo is rebuilding the commonwealth, but like others have and do you can chose to ignore that part.

Zardnaar

Legend

More or less. I do survival mode live off the land games.

You ignore or minimize the building asowcrs and do the bare minimum eg the missions.

You cam also skip the main story, explore, do side quests etc.

You might just die horribly if you wander into parts of the map at low level.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
I like the Railroad :(
Conceptually they're not bad, but I have a big problem with their methods. To me, the way they give the people they help new lives isn't much different from killing them. And it just doesn't track that there's this highly competent, elite group of people dedicated to this specific cause when the Institute is supposed to be so feared and secretive.

Remove ads