Newly recruited players for Heroes of Silleria game! (full)

MerakSpielman

First Post
Two of our players have stopped posting in recent weeks, and we want to revitalize the game with some eager, fresh faces.

We need 2 new players!

Normally I don't like to suggest classes, but the party is really hurting without a cleric. The other character would do well to be a either a front-line fighter of some sort or a magical firepower source.

Characters are to be created at second level, using 3.0 rules. You must include a minimum one-paragraph backstory/personality description. We are aiming for a leasurely but steady game, with people posting at least once every three days, and more often if they have the time.

Also, please read through the game so far, the recent entries to the discussion thread, and the Rogue's Gallery (first 3 links in my sig) to make sure you like what you see and who you'll be playing with.

So who wants in?

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
i'll play!

I'll play a 2nd level cleric, but I'm new to email gaming, and these boards.

I'm gonna need a little bit to go through the previous discussion threads for the campaign, so I can pick the right domains and alignment for the game. I'll make a description once I figure that out.

Can I play?

MerakSpielman

First Post
Sure. A cleric of Pelor has a pseudo-believable way of being inserted into the story, but I'm not really TOO worried about believability, so really any non-evil cleric would do just fine.

And welcome to the boards!

Thanee

First Post
Hello! :)

I have read a couple pages (not all yet, that's a lot to read ;)) of your game and it surely looks interesting.

So, if I get it right you are looking for a "fighter" or "wizard" now?

I'm not too keen on playing fighter-types, but I would like to play a sorcerer or wizard, providing some "magical firepower" as you wrote up there! ;)

However, besides starting at 2nd level I havn't found any character creation guidelines, so maybe you have a pointer or could copy them here?

EDIT: I just found it, so no worries about the guidelines, but maybe others might be looking for them as well, so I put a link below! :)

Character Creation Guidelines

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Welcome Thanee! I'll edit the post to say the recruiting is over.

Thanks for finding the character creation guidelines. I wasn't sure where I had left them.

The only changes to the guidelines are that we have changed from me being the sole record keeper of your characters to having a Rogue's Gallery thread, available via my sig.

When you have finished creating your characters, silentspace and Thanee, please post them in the Rogue's Gallery as opposed to emailing them to me. Please, if at all possible, have your characters ready by Friday, and we can start the game going again on Monday. Don't forget to subscribe to the different threads, so you'll get email updates when anybody posts!

If you have any questions about character creation, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks, and again, welcome to the group!

MerakSpielman

First Post
The most important part for you to get acquainted with is the mission you're on (page 1 of the game thread).

The party is currently still on the first level of the dungeon. Yes, after nine months of gaming, we've succeeded in a) traveling to the dungeon, and b) getting through most of the first level. Hey, PbP games take a bit of time...

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Hey, one thing after the other... still figuring out background and all that, but I have browsed through the mission briefing already...

What I'd need sooner or later is a d4 for 2nd level hit points, could you be so kind? :)

Oh, and since we start at 2nd level, there are some more questions coming up...

-starting gold (those standard 900 or less?)
-equipment (magical yes/no? Not that we could afford much... but potions or scrolls maybe)
-exact XP (1150? could use that Scribe Scroll feat a bit then :))

Bye
Thanee

MerakSpielman

First Post
Huh. It hadn't occured to me that if I do the dice rolling, I should roll the level-up HP as well. Nobody else thought of it, I suppose, when it was time to level up.

Anyway, I rolled you a 2.

Re: scrolls: yes, you can assume you had some time to scribe a few scrolls back in Ambroi. This was before you were second level (since we're pretending you were with the party the whole time) so they'll be scribed as caster-level 1 (if it matters).

Both of you new folks can have equipment and money equal to 900gp. This is a bit more than the rest of the party has at the moment, but frankly, there'll be enough goodies for everybody soon.

Remove ads