• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You'll find this is more than enough to pay for three rooms for the night. Can you make change for that? I have heard of this inn's sterling reputation, so I trust you to give us a fair price."

*The innkeeper nods and returns 45 gold for the gem. Nhalia nods.*

"Thank you good sir. Is there a staff member who can show us to our rooms now? Some of us need rest, as you can see."

*The innkeeper calls over a hostess to take them to their rooms, handing her the three keys, which she distributes one by one as they reach the rooms. Two of the rooms are relatively close on the third floor, but the other is on the second.*

Legildur

First Post
Blunt bows in thanks to the man.

"I would stay in one room with Titus. The second floor will be fine be me," Blunt offers. "Unless Nhalia, you wish to watch over him and Shan?" (OOC: Blunt will attempt healing proficiency overnight if he is watching Titus).

Shayuri

First Post
(agh...I can't leave you guys alone for a moment! :))

Sulannus goes along with the ruse, perhaps privately amused that she actually is highblood enough perhaps to warrant this sort of thing...had her circumstances been different. In any event it unfolds satisfactorily.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nhalia's father is a high elf, she just isn't, so she knows how to act it from her brother, who is also a high elf ;) Speaking of which, Nhalia's eye and hair colouring are unlike those Sulannus has ever seen on an elf)

"I'll let you guys decide for rooms. Sorry if I offended anyone with my haughty-elf impression. I'm not really like that, I promise."

Legildur

First Post
Nhalia said:
"I'll let you guys decide for rooms. Sorry if I offended anyone with my haughty-elf impression. I'm not really like that, I promise."
"Who cares how you act after your help earlier," says Blunt, well, bluntly.

Boddynock

First Post
"Do you think we need to set a guard? Seeing as I mucked up our 'low-key' entrance, maybe I should stay up and watch ... although I don't think I could watch out the whole night again. Of course, one guard won't be able to keep watch on both floors. What do you think we should do?"

Kel looks both worried and a little shame-faced. He doesn't like to admit it, but he doesn't feel as if he's been much help to the group.

Still, the innkeeper's revised estimate of the worth of the gemstones cheers him a little!

Jolmo

First Post
(OOC: Rest for the weary or guard duty? And how to split the rooms?

If the elves take turn to watch for 4 hours each, the others could sleep for eight. Do elves get natural healing after a trance though or does that always take 8 hours?)

Legildur

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Blunt offered to care for Titus. His intention was to simply take the 2nd floor room and secure it with the key and whatever other means might have been immediately available (bed against door etc), and then SLEEP![/sblock]"It would be better if we could squeeze into two rooms," says Blunt. "Then I would take a watch. Otherwise I'll stay with Titus and simply sleep."

Last edited:

Remove ads