• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Rystil Arden said:
"We're ruled by the Council of Elders, led by the Coronal. And I know what a coronation is, in principle--I was just wondering what the one they were talking about is," Nhalia laughs.

Titus flusters a bit. "Of course you knew what a coronation..." he coughs, perhaps to cover the slight flush he's developed. "In any case, I haven't heard of one coming up, but I'm not exactly a noble-phile. If Night's Embrace is setting up shop here, then at least some of the prep has to be coming through here. Which would make sense; this is a major port city, after all." Titus turns to Kel. "Think maybe we could ask around without having to hit the shady areas this time?"

[sblock=OOC]Guess we'll have to see if Kel's Gather Information will work as a decent substitute for knowledge. :)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
If Night's Embrace is setting up shop here, then at least some of the prep has to be coming through here.

"Maybe, but didn't the letter say he was supposed to 'come back' after he was 'obtained from here' ? It doesn't seem like this place was so important to them, then. Maybe they just wanted to get some stuff."

Shayuri

First Post
"It would help if we knew what they wanted here. Clearly the kidnapping, the sacrifices...they seem incidental to whatever it is they really want. But didn't the guard say that the disappearances started some time ago? If so, that suggests he's been here all that time...meaning what they want either takes time to collect, is hard to find, or they're being very careful about acquiring it."

Jolmo

First Post
[sblock=Sulannus]Don't know how relevant this is but I found the list we got from the guards earlier. I don't think the others ever saw it.

A sheet of paper with a list:

These are the people who have gone missing that we know of. There's probably more among the faceless poor.

Ander Kaillo, Merchant Noble
Leina, Priestess of Selune
Jhyrden Fair, Fencing Instructor
Lom Grannock, Veteran
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Shan&Sulannus]Funny how you guys never really shared info :lol:-for instance, here's some info about the name 'Sarlarin's Sundries' on that warehouse that I gave to Kel with Kn: Local--

Sarlarin Kaillo is a merchant noble who lives in the capital. His third son Ander controls his local interests here.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
(hah! Yeah...always seemed to be something else going on. Easy to forget details between posts in PBP's. Lets clear this air!)

Sulannus unfolds a small piece of paper she retireves from her pocket. "We did get a list of known citizens who disappeared recently," she says. "Maybe it will help us determine what to do next." She shows it around.

The paper reads:

Ander Kaillo, Merchant Noble
Leina, Priestess of Selune
Jhyrden Fair, Fencing Instructor
Lom Grannock, Veteran

The elf then says, "Interesting. A priestess of Selune...and then a priestess of Sehanine. Both associated with the moon. Amd two men skilled in combat..."

Legildur

First Post
"I don't get it," says Blunt as he scratches his shaved head. "Why would they target the moon priestesses any different clerics from other religions?"

"Why the sacrifices? I can't make sense of it. If the kidnapped people were being taking elsewhere (outside the city) then I could see how that fits together."

"What if we approached the merchantman's father? Maybe he would give us some assistance and possibly even some clues. I've no doubt that he would be spending every effort to trace his missing son that runs the family business."

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Titus gets stuck coughing for a minute, then regains control.

"Well, we don't just have the names of those who disappeared, now. We've got the name of the man who ran off with them. Maybe we run 'Elicio' by the families and see if it jogs any memories? It doesn't mean anything to you, does it, Kel?"

Remove ads