Not With a Bang, I: Its Own Reward

Shalimar

First Post
Tuli will draw her short sword, and try to flank the wolf(So that she can do some sneak attack damage next round if its needed, doubtful as that may seem.)

LazarusLong42

First Post
Arkan slashes at the wolf with her sword, just barely missing, but connects with her axe, slashing its shoulder. The beast falls, though again it's still breathing.

The clearing is rather suddenly silent, as the sounds of combat seem to have driven away the birds and insects for the moment. Though you wait a few moments, there is nothing more to see, and all seems relatively peaceful.

OOC: end of combat.

Mechanical stuff:

Arkan: attack roll 10+1 = 11; attack roll 12+1 = 13, damage roll 4+1 = 5.

All righty... do you wish to hang around here for a while, or continue on, or do something else?

Zerth

First Post
Baril is eager to continue the journey. "That was good for target practice, at least. Poor creatures."

The bard grabs his backpack. "Shall we go then, treasure and danger await us."

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

"Unless any of you has some means to care for these creatures, I will put them out of their misery."

Arkan draws her dagger and slays the wolves as painlessly as posible, assuming no one speaks up.

"This is a bad sign to see starving wolves. Something may be amiss in the forest. Perhaps the goblins are eating all the game. Either way, let us continue. I will take the point."

Arkan will advance when the party is ready, sword and axe in hand.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Onward

OOC: All right... since no one else seems to have wanted to take any action either before or after the power outage, I'll assume y'all will be moving on. Right, then, here we go...

Leaving the clearing, you take up your walk again toward Mettelford. There is even less traffic today than there was yesterday, and you pass the day meeting only one or two wanderers. As evening falls, you reach the hamlet of Mettelford, which is nestled in a bend of Mettel Creek, a tributary of the River Nom. You estimate Mettelford has perhaps 200 inhabitants, and the most interesting thing you'll find there is an inn where you might rest until morning.

The map indicates that the thieves' cave is about a league north of here--perhaps an hours' walk. The sun is setting presently. Do y'all wish to rest up at the local inn, or continue northward to check out the caves at night?

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

"As we've been traveling all day I think we should rest for the night. Goblins can see in the dark, whereas most of us can't. They might have spies in the town, though. What say we camp in the bush?"

Shalimar

First Post
Tuli wrinkles her tiny nose at the suggestion of sleeping out in the woods, she was a city girl at heart, and nothing was ever going to change that, the fact that they were this close to a villiage was enough for her. "Definitely not, I'd rather stay at the villiage, It would be nice to sleep on a nice bed and have a nice hot meal. But I do think it would be better to go on now, darkness like this will help us in sneaking in to the place, its like a big game of hide and seek, it really will be a lot of fun. Show them who;s the best at being quiet and sneaky."

Zerth

First Post
"I'd like to stay at the inn for the night and leave very early in the morning", Baril says. "Arkan made a good point though, we should keep low profile, because the thieves might have contacts in the village. Everyone, not a word, why we are here. If someone asks, we are just travellers passing by."

Rybaer

First Post
"I agree with staying here for the night," Grinder says. "And, just in case someone gets too nosy about our business, just say we're heading up to Hallis Hill for some unspecified work...or maybe rooting some nasty critters out of the mine. If we all use the same cover story, it'll be more plausible."

Sam

First Post
Grunlor

"Inn or cave, it's all the same to me. We haven't been on the road so long as to make a stop at a village a necessity. I'll go along with whatever you all decide."

Remove ads