• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Not With a Bang, I: Its Own Reward

Sam

First Post
Grunlor

Grunlor pathetically attempts to hide behind some brush and/or rocks (OOC: Hide: -6). He will attempt to subdue the goblin as it walks by. If he is spotted (and recognizes the fact), he will attack.

OOC: Is there a large enough tree for me to climb without leaving the brush and risking being seen, if so I try and climb it and wave to noone in particular for assistance. (Climb +0)

Rybaer

First Post
Grinder whispers the gist of the goblins' conversation to the others. As they begin to spread out and seek cover, Grinder whispers to his familiar, "Trinket, could you go fly past that creature? Make lots of noise as you do it, then find a place to land until I call for you."

After watching the raven launch into the air, Grinder will quietly seek some cover and take aim with his crossbow at the bigger goblin. Should Trinket's ruse not send the smaller goblin back to the cave, Grinder would rather the bigger goblin not have a chance to go for help.

Manzanita

First Post
Arkan

OOC: I'm still here actually - I'll be gone starting tomorrow

Arkan will start to sneak around the edge of the clearing (at half speed - moving silently), in hopes of killing the larger goblin before he can get help if the smaller one encounters the party. She will keep her sword and axe in hand, and rush the larger goblin if w/in charging range when/if the smaller one notices the rest of the party

OOC: don't forget Goblins are her favored enemy! She speaks Goblin too.

LazarusLong42

First Post
OOC: Manzanita: Oops! I remembered the favored enemy part, but had forgotten about the language. Obviously, you heard the goblin as well.

Nylarra sneaks the direction opposite Arkan (presumably the same side as Tuli), drawing her rapier and dagger and preparing to fight if need be. Baril hides behind a tree, his shortbow drawn and ready. Arkan, meanwhile, slides slowly off to the left, hoping to flank the goblins.

Grinder issues his orders to Trinket, who flaps away loudly, causing quite a hue and cry as he flies over the goblin.

Brevin drops behind a tree near Grunlor, who (OOC: assuming he'd be willing) is helping Nojin get himself up into the tree. Grunlor then takes cover behind the same tree, which is rather large.

Tuli slinks backward and to the side, hiding her weapon from view, and staying nearly invisible herself. (OOC: finally some good rolls for you, Shalimar :))

The goblin steps within about fifty feet of you--easily within darkvision range, Arkan knows. His ears perk up and his eyes catches something shiny--the glint of Rinell's light off of Grunlor's armor. Arkan and Grinder hear him say, "Cor, boss, there mus' be three or four of 'em in there. They's trying to be silent, but it's not workin'. I can see one of 'em in very shiny armor. What d'ye want I should do?"

The larger goblin, you realize, is already a streak, even though he seemed sedentary a few moments ago. "You, go get help. I'll see if I can't hold 'em off a moment."

OOC: You now have a large goblin charging at you, and a small goblin getting ready to run for help. Nojin, only your initiative feel after the smaller goblin's; if you don't want to climb that tree, just let me know :)

Rybaer

First Post
Grinder snorts when Trinket fails to draw the small goblin's attention away from scouting. A not-completely-gullible goblin...who'da thunk? he silently curses.

Grinder's intention was to shoot whichever goblin first ran for help, so he turns his attention on the smaller one and fires his crossbow.

OOC: ok no tree climbing dwarf today. Can I make a charge action at him and at the end of 40ft, jump at him..... ranged grapple (jk), but if I can I would like to try and squish the little bugger with my armor

Zerth

First Post
The goblin has obviously spotted at least some of the party so Baril decides it's no time to hide anymore. He aims at the smaller goblin and shoots, using the tree as partial cover if someone shoots back at him.

LazarusLong42

First Post
OOC: Casar, which goblin are you going to try to grapple? I assume you mean the big guy, as the little guy is out of grapple range and will be running faster than you. Or were you serious about the ranged grapple? A jump action like that would be a standard action, which you can't take after a double move.

OOC: I thought the small goblin was moving closer to us, so how is he out of grapple range but the big guy not? If there is no way to catch the little guy I will go after the big guy, how far away is he?

Remove ads