• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Not With a Bang, I: Its Own Reward

Brevin will move closer to the cave entrance, using any available cover to mask his movements. He keeps his mace at the ready, and will also keep at least one member of the group in sight at all times, probably Baril.

Sam

First Post
Grunlor

Grunlor stores his bow and readies his waraxe. He looks around to see what his companions are doing and begins to approach the cave entrance.

Zerth

First Post
Baril stands ready with his shortbow, slowly moving towards the cave. He'll wait for others, who are better at scouting to enter the cave first. He points at Arkan and Tuli and then at the cave.

"Blasted damn, I say that bloody dead beast took a mighty fine hack out of me. Ahh well, lets see what fun we can find in there. Before they come to replace the guard." Nojin then follows the others although a little weakly

Rybaer

First Post
Grinder reloads his crossbow and moves slowly toward the mouth of the cave.

"Anyone else think it might be strategically smarter to send a sneaky type in there to scout it out?" he asks quietly. "I'd hate to find that we're outnumbered ten-to-one by ogres because we got the wrong cave...not that that's too likely judging by this sorry pair of guards. Might not hurt to scout the area a bit as well. Make sure there aren't any other exits they can slip out through."

Brevin will stop Nojin before entering the cave. "Here friend, let the divine power of Litsi heal what hurts."

That said, he'll cast Cure Light Wounds on Nojin.

OOC: Swap Shield of Faith for Cure Light Wounds.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Arkan looks expectantly at Tuli, knowing the smaller woman is more likely to be good at scouting the caves.

OOC:

CLW roll 4+1 = 5 pts cured on Nojin.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
Arkan looks expectantly at Tuli, knowing the smaller woman is more likely to be good at scouting the caves.

Tuli nods, "This is going to be exciting," she says, practically dancing in-place as she sheathes her sword. "Hey, I wonder if they know we are coming?" she wonders allowed as she slowly makes her way from shadow to shadow to the front of the cave, doing her best to remain hidden and move silently.

She creeps along into the cave mout, keeping her eyes peeled for traps or anything else that might be unpleasant.

LazarusLong42

First Post
The opening of the cave is ten feet wide, though it is partially blockaded by a wooden structure that might provide cover for those guarding the cavern from a major assault. Arkan, you notice something odd about the smell of the place--there isn't one, or not much of one. Though goblins generally live in more hovel-like abodes, this place seems almost tidy. Almost: there are bits of bone and the odd weapon strewn about, but the walls are hewn straight and, if you feel them, you'll noticed they're tiled.

The moonlight does not enter the cave (the cave entrance points west), so it's simple for Tuli to remain in shadows--in fact, after ten feet, she cannot see her hand in front of her face. The dwarves can tell, however, that the cavern extends, at the least, farther than sixty feet into the side of the hill into which it's built, and that there is a passageway to the left which is narrower than the main passage. Arkan, especially, can smell the distinct odor of goblin sweat wafting down this passage, though everyone else notices it as well.

OOC: We're not running in initiative here, so jump in whenever you need to.

Zerth

First Post
"Unless our dwarven friends want to go in by themselves, which by the way is a very bad idea, we are going to need some light", Baril says taking out a bullseye lantern from his backpack. "We don't gain anything by scouting ahead if the scout can't see a damn thing."

Baril hesitates and looks at the others. "Shall I use the lantern?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads