• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"That seems reasonable," says Keldar, "unless of course Thyrin has gone mad, and what we see is the result." He looks about at the others. "Do we knock up the doorman, and then tackle a burning tower perhaps filled with elementals, at the end of a long day, and ill-prepared... or do we move into the shelter of some trees a little way away, and spend one pleasant night beneath the stars, with the warmth of a fire that does not want to kill us, before we risk our lives?" That last question seems to be directed more at some members of the group than others.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy suddenly looks very young and uncertain. "I... Well, I don't know. Isn't it the right thing to do to see if there's anyone in there? But, you're right, we're not as well prepared as we could be. Galwynn, what would Halina say? Sammy? What do you think?"

[sblock=ooc]
Tommy thinks we should check it out, but isn't sure enough of himself to argue hard for it. Which is a convenient in-character way of saying that he'll go along with what the group decides. :)

In other news, I'm doing some traveling over the next week, and may be away from the internet from time to time. I expect to be able to post regularly, but I might be wrong. Just FYI.
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes," says Keldar, "yes. It is the right thing to do. But the right thing isn't... isn't always the wisest thing." He frowns. "But I suppose that is why we are heroes. Let us knock on the door, and see what response we get, and then we can decide what happens next. But don't blame Keldar if this time a water elemental answers. Hmm... that might not be so bad. I could talk to it, at any rate." He holds up the wardstone. "I believe this fits into this slot, here, thus." He does so.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn raises a hand. "Wait for a second! I think maybe we should vote on this, as it affects us all.

I favour waiting the night, and going in at the morning. As I said earlier, Halina is at her strongest when the sun is young. And she once said 'it takes a lifetime to raise a family, and only a moment to destroy it.' While it applies to something a bit different here-"
Galwynn coughs. "I think the general principle stays the same.

I say we adopt a position of defense, and wait for the new morn. That's my vote."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar stays his hand at the very last second. "Keldar agrees with you, Galwynn, strange as it may seem. Tommy almost had me throwing away my natural caution and good sense."

EternalSword

First Post
After Keldar inserts the wardstone, nothing happens for a few seconds. Then there is a very small blue flash from the field, and the space itself appears to twist to the left of the door. There is a strong scent of ozone as a 4 foot tall, winged elf-like creature made of solid lightning appears in the twisting space. Her lab outfit is heavily singed, and she looks throughly irritated, though not at you.

"Well, looks like someone finally showed up to help. Rilithorne finally got a sending through today. Would you mind dealing with the elementals so we can get Rilithorne those notes?

Solange

First Post
Before the door opens...

"How do we know if there are not people in danger beyond the door? Would you leave them to die so we can rest m'lord?" Rapture asks Galwynn.

OOC: The ONLY reason we're talking about resting is outside of the game reasons. I strongly disagree with that.

After the door opens...

"I believe we already dispatched 2 of them m'lady. Are there more?"

Wik

First Post
OOC: I disagree - we had a fight that could have been tough, and I think entering with a bit of a plan (and some time to recuperate) would be smart. Marines don't go into a potentially-hostile situation where they know little of the inside conditions, especially if they've been marching for a day and there's no obvious risk to civilians inside. But, what's done and done.

Galwynn groans. "Great Keldar. Just great. You're the most spastic thief I've ever met."

Upon seeing the pseudo-elven woman, Galwynn lowers his blade so that the tip is buried in the dirt.

"There's more of 'em? Lovely."

Trouvere

Explorer
"It was as though the stone was drawn to the door when I brought it close," says Keldar. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it." He peers closer at the lightning woman. "Where are your manners, people?" he says. "Greetings, er... miss. I am Keldar, Keldar Warbray, adventurer extraordinaire. With me, I have the beautiful swordmaiden, Rapture of Valessa; the archmage Tommytommerasu; the healer and seer Samina the Wise; and a farmer that followed us on the road for protection. Shake hands with the nice lady, Galwynn."

OOC: Keldar has a, to him, very important, rhyming, reason to camp out. But other than that, he is perturbed that Tommy has admitted his spell selection might be ineffective. And with a Con of 10, he really is a bit tired.

Remove ads