Now is the time for Enworld to expand into an untapped market!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If I were going to make an actual real suggestion instead of the typical snarky comment I usually do, I think there is a market that (to my knowledge) is relatively untapped - at least by the major producers of the game. And that market would have crossover with new players, busy adults, and casual gamers. It's something I frequently complain about on here in the way WotC produces their adventures.
I'd like a product line with well-organized, shorter adventures with easy-to-parse details and streamlined encounters. Something akin to what Necrotic Gnome does with their OSE adventures. Compared to those, the adventures WotC makes are stuck with the design and layout of the early 2000s - huge blocks of text, mountains of read-aloud text, incessant page-flipping to get to stats you need.
There was a push in the end of 3.5 to break-up the format of official adventures (I remember Ravenloft was done this way) and in 4e to break into "encounter zones" and include stats in the relevant sections.
If a DM buys your product, it should save them time. You shouldn't have to spend nearly as much time prepping the purchased adventure as you would writing your own.
All of this exists. And if you look beyond D&D, it really exists. Rather than WotC do that I’d rather see smaller publishers get a lift.

Retreater

Legend
All of this exists. And if you look beyond D&D, it really exists. Rather than WotC do that I’d rather see smaller publishers get a lift.
I haven't found any 5e stuff that does it this way (maybe with the exception of one adventure that has been converted from OSE). All of the 3PP 5e stuff I've seen copies the same style from WotC - or even worse.
Does anyone have examples of adventures that other companies are making that fit that description?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
They need D20 Mid-Century Modern!

twilight_zone_header_image.jpg

images

MV5BMTkzNDY5NTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI4NzM1MjE@._V1_.jpg

Remove ads