Oathbound : Homecoming (full up)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
Are you allowing stuff from the complete warrior ?

I am willing to consider just about anything, but don't grant blanket approval even to the SRD. ;) I have access to the complete warrior though and can look at anything you want to consider. (sniff, no *SMASH*)

deadestdai said:
How do you want us to do stats/hitpoints/equipment and so forth?

stats are a 35 point buy per the DMG. Its a little high powered, but I have a philosophical/story based beef with stat boosting items, so you should not count on those to bring up dump stats. Hit points are full at first level and average after that. just strikes me as easier, long distance. Starting gold I'm gonna guesstimate at 10 thou. WARNING: one of the fun yet mildly evil plot points of the oathboand setting allows the ruler drawing you into the Forge to essentially rummage through your stuff at will, and remove any items that he or she feels is impeding your personal growth. :cool: So combined with my personal beef against characters whose power or schtick rests in optimized stuff rather than personal ability, you should probably equip conservativly to your strengths rather than blowing it all on a big ticket item that gives you a whole new kind of power. I don't want the Sifter to seem like an excuse to screw you, so I'm giving you the heads up outright.

All the characters so far seem fine, though we don't have a skill user or magic slinger yet...

Kahuna Burger

mpickett81

First Post
I'm interested. I don't know much about the setting, though.
How would you feel about a human psion/rogue? My idea is that he formerly worked for a nation as a covert operative (think CIA with a fantasy touch). As he moved through the ranks, he discovered that his organization was plotting to overthrow his own government. He rejected these newly discovered intentions and had to flee his homeland to save his own life.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
mpickett81 said:
I'm interested. I don't know much about the setting, though.
How would you feel about a human psion/rogue? My idea is that he formerly worked for a nation as a covert operative (think CIA with a fantasy touch). As he moved through the ranks, he discovered that his organization was plotting to overthrow his own government. He rejected these newly discovered intentions and had to flee his homeland to save his own life.
Sounds interesting, and would add some skill focus to the group. I haven't worked with psionics much, so I'd be pretty heavily vetting your power and feat choices to make sure I didn't get in over my head... Also make sure you consider your relitive youth in your character background.

Kahuna Burger

deadestdai

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
Sounds interesting, and would add some skill focus to the group. I haven't worked with psionics much, so I'd be pretty heavily vetting your power and feat choices to make sure I didn't get in over my head... Also make sure you consider your relitive youth in your character background.

Kahuna Burger

Okay, thanks for letting us know the char limitations and such. I'll try to have my own submission up on Sunday PST pm. (I have too much partying to be done before then! :p)

PS: mpickett that avatar rules.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
Julian Carver 2/5 Paladin/Monk Human

Str:14 +2
Dex:16 +3
Con:10 +0
Wis: 16 +3
Int: 13 +1
Chr: 12 +1

Hits: 41 (2d10+5d8)
AC:18 (19 with Dodge)
Initiative: +7 (+4 Improved Initiative +3 Dex)
Saves:
Fort: 8...Ref: 8.....Will:8(10 vs enchantment )
BAB: +5
Flurry of Blows: +4/+4
Melee: +7(+8 with MW Greatsword and Unarmed)
Range:+8
Dam:
Unarmed: 1d8+3
Greatsword: 1d10+2
Feats:
Investigator(+2 search and gather Info), Combat Expertise, Dodge, Improved Initiative

Paladin:
Aura of Good, Detect Evil (at will), Smite Evil 1/day, Divine Grace, Lay on Hands
Monk:
Stunning Fist (5/day), Flurry of Blows, Improved Unarmed Strike, Combat Reflexes, Evasion, Still Mind, Ki Strike (magic), Slow fall 20', Purity of Body

Skills:.................Rank.....Stat.....Mod......Total
Concentration......2..........0.....................2
Diplomacy...........4..........1......................5
Heal...................4..........3......................7
Know(Religion)......7..........1......................8
Ride....................2..........3......................5
Sense Motive........7..........3......................10
Balance...............2...........3......................5
Climb..................2............2......................4
Hide....................3...........3.......................6
Listen..................2...........3......................5
Move Silently........3............3......................6
Spot....................1...........3......................4
Search.................1...........1..........2...........4
Gather Info...........1...........1..........2............4

Equipment:
Amulet of Mighty Fist +1 6000gp
Bracers of Armor +1 2000gp
Masterwork Greatsword 350gp
Monks Outfit
Holy Symbol of Heronious
2 Water Skins
7 Days Trail Rations
Light Riding Horse with Saddle,x2 Saddle Bags

Julian Carver lived his life for 2 things...Heronious and the High Priest in the small town of Redwidow. At 14 he joined with other recruits in a intensive training regime which tested his physical as well as mental/spiritual strength. As others broke or quit under the pressures excerted by the priests and warrior instructors Julian just grew stronger. At graduation,2 years later, he stood at the top of his class and was honored to be part of the bishops personal guard. As a newly ordained paladin, he took to his charges with the stubborness and foolishness of youth. As time passed he started noticing that some of his fellow guardsmen (along with several of the high ranking priests in the temple), were not as incorruptable as originally thought. Confronting his leader with evidence gathered, he was shocked when the old priest just nodded and said " Son, life can be hard on the masses, but it doesn't have to be that way for us...". Shocked by this flagrent disreguard for the beliefs tought to him he lost his temper and backhanded the priest knocking him off his chair. This action infuriated the old man (duh!) and wound him being drawn off to the stockaids. He was punished severly,beaten and then haved his rank stripped from him and tossed out of town. Severly depressed and spiritually hampered he wandered until finding a out of the way monastary. He petitioned the monks there and was accepted as a new member of the order (The Order of the Silent River). After several years of training he made his way back out into the world, combining that which he had learned in his youth with that of the Silent River. All that he carries from his old order is his sword he graduated with, seeking to one day end the corruption he had witnessed first hand, either by the logic he had learned from the monks, or via the sword that the clergy had once given him to protect the ways laid down by Heronious.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
There seems to be plenty of people interested in warrior-type so I'll try something I haven't played in a while: an arcanist. My concept is a conjurer from an aristocratic family who uses plenty of summoned creatures as servants. He's a little bit pompous and absolutely hates physical efforts.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
One more thing: do we have a few extra XP above the limit for 7th level (to craft magical items) ?
no, but you are free to make him 6th and change... I will say that the sifter will be more gentle with items you have made yourself than those bought with the starting gold...

one last character note, your character may or may not know that he or she is adopted. ;)

kahuna Burger

Remove ads