• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

MGibster

Legend
Warhammer40Kenobi!
That would be Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau from the old Rogue Trader days of 40k.
the main plot-hes a jedi master and he takes barely any precautions. the rooftop scenes where the princess is running around . this felt like saturday morning television or something i would watch the olsen twins did on full house. it was really really bad
The action is pretty much what I expect from Star Wars, Saturday morning television, or, more accurately, the type of action you'd see in 1930s serials they used to show in theaters before the main feature.

these are people living in a tougher society than most of us live in and yet none would survive in 2022. yes its tevelevision and yes its star wars but this is well below boba/Mando
I already like it better than Fett. I was prepared to not like this, but they really hooked me. I thought it was great.

Omand

Hero
Quite enjoyed the first two episodes. Lots of character and world building to show the effect of 10 years of the Empire.

Looking forwards to the next 4 episodes.

Cheers :)

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I am happy to see how Leia knows Obi-wan and explains why her ship would be caught near Tatooine and why she would send her "Help Me" message to him in the original movie.
Rogue One implies that Bail sends her to specifically pick up Obi-Wan and return with him to Alderaan.
My only quibble was that I thought Anakin = Vader was meant to be a secret. I wouldn’t have thought that even the inquisitors would know. (I understand Obi-Wan knows because he hears Anakin being called Vader in the temple recordings.)
Yeah, it did strike me as strange that Reva knew about Anakin. However, I think Vader was leader of the Inquisitors, right? Maybe he let them know this (or just Reva?) to use against Obi-Wan just as she did. It did bring to mind the scene in Return of the Jedi where Vader senses that Luke has a sister.

What really struck me as odd was the fact that Obi-Wan did not know Vader was still alive. I would think that "Vader as the Emperor's enforcer" would be widely known, and even in a backwater world like Tatooine he would have heard mention about it at some point in 10 years. But I can handwaive this away for the effectiveness of that scene.

Other thoughts: Dang, Ewan really nailed the beaten down and depressed Obi-Wan. Though there were glimmers of the old Obi-Wan, such as in his conversation with Teeka.

The stimdealer Obi-Wan meets is played by Ewan's daughter, Esther Rose McGregor. Funny with her exit line.

Did some of the signs on Daiyu say "SW MILK"?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
the main plot-hes a jedi master and he takes barely any precautions. the rooftop scenes where the princess is running around . this felt like saturday morning television or something i would watch the olsen twins did on full house. it was really really bad
That and he struggled pretty hard a Jedi Master when he was trying to lift her with the force.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Me too, but I think that’s something we’ve brought to it. Nobody ever said it was a secret. It’s probably not common knowledge, though. Remember by the time of ANH people don’t even believe Jedi were real.
Which was a silly position to take. There were hundreds, if not thousands of Jedi across the galaxy running about saving people. There would have been many millions of first hand accounts and billions, if not trillions of second hand accounts(My uncle told me about a Jedi that saves his town from pirates). 18 years isn't enough time to put much of a dent in that.

Yeah, it did strike me as strange that Reva knew about Anakin. However, I think Vader was leader of the Inquisitors, right? Maybe he let them know this (or just Reva?) to use against Obi-Wan just as she did. It did bring to mind the scene in Return of the Jedi where Vader senses that Luke has a sister.

Yes, Vader formed the Inquisitors to help him hunt the Jedi. And the organization was dissolved, rather than replacing them, once all 11 were dead.

What really struck me as odd was the fact that Obi-Wan did not know Vader was still alive. I would think that "Vader as the Emperor's enforcer" would be widely known, and even in a backwater world like Tatooine he would have heard mention about it at some point in 10 years. But I can handwaive this away for the effectiveness of that scene.

Ahsoka did not realize it was Anakin inside the Vader outfit either when they fought on Rebels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads