• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (spoilers)

Plus Alderaan is very pretty. I hope nothing bad happens to it!
4huwtk.jpg

Obi-wan is clearly trying to get the rust off in these opening 2 episodes. I like that. It really does help paint the picture of him not being the man he used to be. However, I do hope he gets his mojo back soon because I want some more lightsaber action.

There are two things in these episodes that took me out of the show. First, the clone trooper vet asking for change felt way too real. His appearance and Obi-wan's reaction to him was on a different level compared to the rest of the show. Just a huge moment of sadness and regret and a bunch of other feelings. I liked it but it felt like a scene from a different show. Second, my 4-year old is as big as Leia. She has multiple chase scenes and these grown-ass adults have a hard time catching her. It's embarrassing.

MarkB

Legend
Obi-wan is clearly trying to get the rust off in these opening 2 episodes. I like that. It really does help paint the picture of him not being the man he used to be. However, I do hope he gets his mojo back soon because I want some more lightsaber action.
They set it up nicely, both in the Inquisitor's speech about how anyone who's still a Jedi will effectively hunt themselves, so Obi-wan's had to bury that side of himself in order to survive, and in his own obvious guilt over Anakin that's made him lose faith in the Jedi code. I think it's still going to be quite a journey for him to come back from that.
There are two things in these episodes that took me out of the show. First, the clone trooper vet asking for change felt way too real. His appearance and Obi-wan's reaction to him was on a different level compared to the rest of the show. Just a huge moment of sadness and regret and a bunch of other feelings. I liked it but it felt like a scene from a different show.
It felt very much in keeping with the rest of what Obi-wan was going through to me. He's got to have a lot of mixed feelings about the clones after having led so many of them in battle. At the same time, I couldn't help wondering whether the clone's Order 66 compulsion was still in there, and if he'd turn murderous in an instant if he caught a glimpse of Obi-wan's lightsaber.

pukunui

Legend
My 10 yo thought Leia was a bit small. I can’t find any info on the actress. I enjoyed her sassy, precocious performance, though.

My only quibble was that I thought Anakin = Vader was meant to be a secret. I wouldn’t have thought that even the inquisitors would know. (I understand Obi-Wan knows because he hears Anakin being called Vader in the temple recordings.)

MarkB

Legend
My 10 yo thought Leia was a bit small. I can’t find any info on the actress. I enjoyed her sassy, precocious performance, though.
Yeah, she's definitely bringing the Leia. I just wonder if they can bring her through all this close contact with Jedi and Inquisitors without playing up the fact that she's strong in the Force too. They've already hinted at it with her almost-supernatural insight into other peoples' personality.
My only quibble was that I thought Anakin = Vader was meant to be a secret. I wouldn’t have thought that even the inquisitors would know. (I understand Obi-Wan knows because he hears Anakin being called Vader in the temple recordings.)
Was it a secret? Tarkin's well aware that he used to be a Jedi (he calls him the last remnant of the Jedi order in A New Hope) and Palpatine has him leading troops against the Jedi before he ever puts on the mask. I think it's just that Anakin Skywalker is a forgotten identity by the time of the original trilogy, and any of the rank-and-file would know that deadnaming Darth Vader is a fast way to get Force choked.

pukunui

Legend
Tarkin knew Vader was once a Jedi but that doesn’t meant he knew that Vader is Anakin.

Anyway, it was a minor quibble.

My daughters and I all loved the part where Obi-Wan was talking to Leia about Padme. That was really poignant.

One thing I will say: I never expected to see Flea in Star Wars! That was a surprise.

I wonder how many years it will take before the actress playing young Leia understands how important her role is in the canon? We also know how badly fame effects some child actors, so I hope she has a strong family and team around her to prevent that.

The sass is strong with this one.

I wonder how many years it will take before the actress playing young Leia understands how important her role is in the canon? We also know how badly fame effects some child actors, so I hope she has a strong family and team around her to prevent that.
Hope the fans treat her kindly too

Remove ads