D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

TallIan

Explorer
Its too late this round, but could Tirion shove the ogre with a help action from whoever is behind him? At least then we could get more of us through the door. Poor Tirion is taking the brunt of the thumping again.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
He could try. I just figured Ogre. There's no way I'm beating an opposed Athletics roll LOL I do have Guidance up... Didn't realize it was a five foot hallway when we opened the door!

TallIan

Explorer
GreenKarl mentioned it but it didn't register as "1 person fighting at a time" in my head, also didn't realise that the Ogre was blocking the door.

Tirion's gauntlets of ogre power should make it close, so with advantage from help, it's probably worth it (Yay for not many skill proficiencies on monsters :D). Depending if Greenkarl will let Uhtred or Kelvin help from behind (As a DM I would allow help on a shove attack but not a regular attack - so I'm hoping he sees it the same way). Though Cymthrax could assist Tirion instead of Uhtred.

Tirion's 1 on 1 with the Ogre is looking a little bit like a roll of the dice as to who wins, and even if Tirion does he'll be nearly dead.

At least Uhtred can be next in line to face the ogre as he and Kelvyn can pass each other with only a move penalty.

GreenKarl

First Post
Sure, I think that seems reasonable, so long as you don't end your turn in an Occupied square. So if Kelvyn moves back (and I am not sure if Scotely is still busy I can NPC him) and Uhtred charged forward 10ft and then moved back 5ft if you don't succeed that would work BUT the ogre would get an OA against Uhtred I believe (moving back). But if you did this I would give Tirion advantage on the Shovel maneuver...

TallIan

Explorer
Not quite how I imagined it, but sounds good, didn't think about the move into occupied space, attack, move out option - that could have been a couple of extra attacks from Uhtred, even at the cost of a couple of AoO's

Well, you live and learn I guess.

Next round actions for Tirion and Uhtred then [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Well no matter how many times you moved around the ogre he would only get one OA as its his reaction. If you could get him to spend it on something else :D

But by the rules you can move through allies squares I am just not sure you can move into an occupied square, attack and move out of it again...

TallIan

Explorer
Well no matter how many times you moved around the ogre he would only get one OA as its his reaction. If you could get him to spend it on something else :D

But by the rules you can move through allies squares I am just not sure you can move into an occupied square, attack and move out of it again...

I think I misread your previous post.

My image of helping Tiron shove the ogre was essentially, Uhtred pushing Tirion who was pushing the ogre, then I read you last post as Uhtred moving alongside Tirion and attacking while still in the same square as Tirion - not something I would allow as a DM (maybe with the squashed rule).

Either way, I'm just happy Uhtred can help Tirion shove the ogre and hopefully make a hole for us to get through.

Scotley

Hero
Sure, I think that seems reasonable, so long as you don't end your turn in an Occupied square. So if Kelvyn moves back (and I am not sure if Scotely is still busy I can NPC him) and Uhtred charged forward 10ft and then moved back 5ft if you don't succeed that would work BUT the ogre would get an OA against Uhtred I believe (moving back). But if you did this I would give Tirion advantage on the Shovel maneuver...

Sorry, Memphis got hit pretty hard by the storm with over 160,000 households without power. Our office just came back up late yesterday. I've been super busy helping out the folks our agency serves who have been without. Should be back to normal posting now.

GreenKarl

First Post
Well no matter what the shove will go before the spirits damage is applied, so depending if Levanna shots it with acid also I am waiting to make its saves to see what happens. IF he does not get shoved and dies, well it will be difficult terrain to crawl over :D

Remove ads