October '08: What Are You Reading?

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay. Wow, wow, wow. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to be able to read as much of this at a time as I'd like. About two-thirds done.

Wombat

First Post
Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay. Wow, wow, wow. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to be able to read as much of this at a time as I'd like. About two-thirds done.

This is, indeed, a marvelous book. Try Lions of al-Rassan as well -- just as good, if not better.

Kurashu

First Post
I've been reading The Summoner (Gail Z. Martin) for the last few days. Despite it being over 600 pages, I've breezed through it. It's standard fantasy stuff, in fact it's reading like a decent D&D quest turned horribad novel.

I should have read Book of the New Sun (Gene Wolfe) or read The Blade Itself (Joe Abercrombie) -- finished actually, I started a long time but never finished it. Probably do those next.

jdsivyer

First Post
Because Part V of A Song of Ice and Fire is supposedly coming out in April 2009 I'm re-reading the series - up to the 3rd book. That's all I've been reading the last few weeks. Before that I read Infoquake.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Burning through the Dresden Files. Three books the last two weeks, but now a bit stumped, because my Waterstones stocks all of them but the one I need to read next. :hmm:

Cheers, LT.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Well, right now on my reading plate are these:

1. The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz

2. Exceptional Children: An Introduction to Special Education (8th edition) by William L. Heward

3. The Bromeliad by Terry Pratchett

4. The City of Ember by Jeanne DePrau

-- Mark L. Chance.

Remove ads