October - What are you Watching?

Darth Shoju

First Post
GlassJaw said:
What the heck is Reaper? I've seen it mentioned in here quite a bit but have never heard of it.

From TV.com:

TV.com said:
Throughout Sam's life, he always wondered why his mom and dad were so easy on him. Whether it was sports, school, career choices, or picking on his little brother Kyle, Sam always got away with everything. Because of it, he decided to drop out of college and take a dead beat job, wasting most of his time playing video games and wishing he could ask his co-worker Andi out. However, everything changes in Sam's life once he turns 21 and finds out the reason his parents let him get over was because they sold his soul to the devil before he was born.

Satan explains to Sam that he must serve as his bounty hunter, tracking down souls that have escaped from Hell. Initially, Sam refuses to accept his fate but he realizes the grave consequences of breaking a deal with the devil. He is armed with various vessels to collect the escapees. Sam finds that the work is dangerous and frightening even with the goof ball help of his friends and fellow slackers Sock and Ben, and Sock's former girlfriend, Josie. As bizarre as his life becomes, Sam feels good about his newfound "missions", removing evil souls from the world and sending them back to where they belong. Along with his friends and his vessel of the week, Sam prepares to face his destiny as the "reaper".

They got me to watch by having Kevin Smith direct the pilot. I really enjoyed it, but I'm curious to see if that was just Kevin's handiwork or if the show has its own legs.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Finished up Kids in the Hall Season 5

Regularly watching Heroes, Bionic Woman, Smallville (and Lost when available).

Often watching The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Will be catching up on summer movies I missed when they were in theaters (Pirates 3, Fantastic 4 II, Transformers, etc.).

Looking forward to the Futurama DVD movie in late Nov.

drothgery

First Post
My DVR is currently set to record

Chuck
Heroes
Bones
Bionic Woman
NCIS
Reaper
Smallville
Friday Night Lights

and possibly one or two things I forgot.

Other than that, well, mostly football and SportsCenter.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
*sigh*. None of the new shows, yet. Note to all: the start of the fall season is a bad time to move - you typically wind up without your cable connection for a while :(

So, a friend loaned me the first season of "Millennium" on DVD, and I picked up "The Tick vs Season One", which together make for a really odd double feature...

GlassJaw

Hero
Darth Shoju said:
They got me to watch by having Kevin Smith direct the pilot. I really enjoyed it, but I'm curious to see if that was just Kevin's handiwork or if the show has its own legs.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about this show at all. I did some research and realized it was a comedy. Ehh, that doesn't interest me much at all. It sounded pretty dark from the description.

Villano

First Post
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Mythbusters
Ghosthunters
Werewolf (reruns on Chiller)
Naruto
Bleach
Dancing with the Stars (wanna make something of it?! :) )
Noien

Still too early to tell:

Bionic Woman
Legion of Superheroes (They sort of rebooted the series. It's now set a few years later and much darker. I wasn't thrilled with the 1st season, but I'm not sure how I feel about the changes. It's kind of like turning Teen Titans into Justice League Unlimited.)

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I been getting first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender from Netflix, and am hooked!

Of course, been watching Heroes and giving Chuck a try (meh) and Bionic Woman (meh, again) - and I am a Survivor addict.

And now that the requisite 72 hours have passed, I am getting over my disappointment with the Mets spectacular loss and am getting jazzed about the play-offs and World Series, since I am obsessed with baseball.

Darth Shoju

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about this show at all. I did some research and realized it was a comedy. Ehh, that doesn't interest me much at all. It sounded pretty dark from the description.

No prob. I don't blame you for not catching on that it was a comedy--the description doesn't really give that impression and the premise does sound dark.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
DVD:
Knight Rider
Highlander
M*A*S*H
Red Dwarf

TV:
TMNT Fast Forward
Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family Guy
Prison Break
Reaper
Bionic Woman
South Park
Dr. Who
Stargate Atlantis

Movies:
American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
Cabin Boy
Cheech & Chong's Next Movie
Delta Farce
Disturbia
Fantastic Four 2
House on Skull Mountain
Jersey Girl
Last Action Hero
Mephisto Waltz
Ruthless People
Saving Silverman

zen_hydra

First Post
Pushing Daisies

I just saw Pushing Daisies. This show is too quirky and cool to survive on network TV. Please, please, please watch this show!!!

Remove ads