• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal is not caring on what order he is set on watch duty. Whatever shift the others think he should take. He does have a few items, like flint & steel, and there were 2 torches in his pack as well, but not sure if those were used up already, based on moving through the caves already.

Also, the MW Elven Dagger, Mal would not be using much of. He's got his own MW weapons, the gauntlets. If someone else would have need of them, and Mal can see that this is a better weapon than they have, then he will give it to them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Don't you need a missile weapon? LOL

Also this will be the third morning Mal and the others have been in the caves so yeah those torches are gone.

HM

Zerith

First Post
.... Must... Draw... Snobby... British... Hydra... Drinking... Tea... and... Eating crumpets!

Addon: Also, I'm going to just be making one power post untill you two are ready: allready up over 460 words and all that has happened is he rod up, got off his horse and hummed "MmHmmm!" ... Yes, he is going to be eccentric... Pray he can't find something to ramble on and on about that he likes to ramble on and on about, he will Filibuster ^^;

Also, what kind of Liberty will I be allowed to take on speaking outside of common?

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
I don't like doing this, double posting, but this way you'll see it sooner.
I'm just wandering when I should post (Also, I'm building the post on the assumption that the camp, or at lest the area were the Gnoll is, is outdoors and that Alexander is more or less called to translate.)

Also, is Gareth and Fallon in a true structure or outdoors? Would like to know in case I'm suppose to have Alexander more or less wonder into the room/area. I just can't see how the present scene looks, is it Fallon siting in front on a fireplace in a inn like setting or are they outdoors in front of a camp fire? I really don't know either way :\

Dragonwriter

First Post
@ AFg so long as you take no strenuous activity after your 4 hours of meditation you will be ready to prepare spells. Interruption/combat/spell casting means a start over from the top ( I believe) with four hours needed.

Not quite... Here's the relevant piece of rules-text, courtesy of the good old SRD. :)

SRD said:
To prepare her daily spells, a wizard must first sleep for 8 hours. The wizard does not have to slumber for every minute of the time, but she must refrain from movement, combat, spellcasting, skill use, conversation, or any other fairly demanding physical or mental task during the rest period. If her rest is interrupted, each interruption adds 1 hour to the total amount of time she has to rest in order to clear her mind, and she must have at least 1 hour of uninterrupted rest immediately prior to preparing her spells. If the character does not need to sleep for some reason, she still must have 8 hours of restful calm before preparing any spells.

That should clear the issue a bit.

Anyways, as for watch order... Jareth really should be at the beginning or end of the watches, being a spellcaster.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Zerith the irregulars camp is a hodge podge of tents, bedrolls around camp fires, and animals, wagons, and people thrown in.

The SRD mentions wizards not spontaneous casters and then it goes from saying sleep to saying rest, :erm:

Let's play it as long as you have 8 hours of non combative, non strenous activity you may prepare spells or get all your slots back for the day. But this is allowed only once every 24 hours. Does not need to be consecutive and if you do break your rest cycle you lose that part of the hour and add on an hour. Then start back up once you are calm and unstrenuous.

HM

Zerith

First Post
Thank you:3
also, should I make a post now then or should I continue waiting? becuse it seems like it would be a little awkward if Alexander pops up now; a screen is typically grounded before a new character walks in, much less when they do so on a high horse. (odder still if it just happens to be one-of/the Gnoll translator right as a Gnoll is brought to camp)

Dragonwriter

First Post
The SRD mentions wizards not spontaneous casters and then it goes from saying sleep to saying rest, :erm:

Spontaneous casters follow the same rules, they just need less study/preparation time (15 minutes as opposed to an hour).

And what you are suggesting is still pretty much the rules as they stand. ;) Anyways, I'm fine with it.

Remove ads