Off to War - canceled

Megan Voss

First Post
Where do I sign up! I'd like to join your adventure.

I'm Meg and I'm kinda new to Dnd. I played a human girl paladin my last game with friends. She was like, Level 5. I'd like to do that again if I could. I can probably play until December, but maybe longer. It's hard to say right now. Thanks everybody.

HolyMan I've read some of your posts and they are very clever. I like you already. :D

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Welcome aboard Megan Voss - please call me HM.

Thanks for the compliment I take weeks trying to think them up :p Glad to see the hard work is as entertaining as I was hoping they were.

A female paladin - hmm... easy enough to fit you into the To Con the Con-man (and they could use a martial type - for future adventures) game. Please give me a background when you have the time and I will work you in.

HM

Megan Voss

First Post
Thank you for such a worthy reply. I'll do my best to write up a background.

Background:

Hera was born the daughter to a hardworking landowner. Born with a cosmetic scar across her back and right leg, she was quickly shunned by her loveless mother as a child of 'bad luck' and a 'undesirable heir'. At a desperately young age she was given to a local Chantry to serve as a temple maiden. She grew in age as well as in her duties within the church. Sadly, Hera grew distant from her biological family, blaming them for abadonment and sadness as a child. This agrivated perspective on life quickly grew into a pious vengence for evil-doer's everywhere. And it brought with it a clash of adolesent emotions as well. Emotions ranging from anger to discontent, and even a lust for battle. The church attemptied to curb her desires for adventure by fostering an environment of charity. Letting her roam free of the local district to do acts of good abroad. This lead to great embarressment as Hera quickly sought out sword-trainers, armor-smiths, and dangerous questing oppurtunites. Eager to cast off this growing embarressment from the Church, Hera was encouraged to leave early and pursue the life of a self-made Paladin. Like her parents before her, the Church deemed this scarred girl, 'A beautiful charm of bad luck'. Armed with the dwindling support of the Church, the blooming love of her God, and a brooding hatred for her heritage, Hera seeks a life elsewhere.

Hera would be in her late-twenties when she approached the party.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I am having connect card issues so have not been able to get online for the past couple days. Am heading to get it resolved after work (clocking in in 10 min.) - wish me luck and even if I don't get things resolved updates will be done at Borders. :)

- Will pencil Hera in, just need a description (eye, hair color, and such) for her in the RG to start, crunch can come later.

HM

Megan Voss

First Post
I will attempt to make an appropriate entry in the Rogue Gallery. Thank you HM. Best wishes on getting your hardware resolved.

And thanks guys for the lovely comments. I know your characters are just as much fun as Hera is going to be. I look forward to meeting you soon.

(Edit: I was gonna be a sword/board paladin but my boyfriend convinced me of the usefulness of PowerAttack and Impv OverRun feats. Besides Smiting is more fun with a greatsword. Lol.)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Problems resolved (fingers crossed). I took a look in the RG and see you didn't use the swaping rules - not that you have to - did you not wish to tailor the PC?

Biggest thing for martial types and the swap rules is things like Heavy armor prof. Not something you need at low levels or at all if you decide to be a more mobile type warrior. I use to - when I had an RL group - allow for players to swap out the heavy armor prof. for another feat and then they would take it as their lvl 3 feat or not depending on the direction they wished to go.

Up to you as it is your character just want to make sire you know all the options available to you. If you are never going to use a shield maybe a swap out for Dodge (if you have the pre req) or something else would be useful.

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Maybe even replace Heavy Armor Proficiency with something like... let's say... Favored Enemy, Hydra? Just sayin... ;)

Welcome aboard! Fresh meat for the grinder! Hopefully the new character can stay around for longer than the year you stated. Fingers crossed!!!

Megan Voss

First Post
Thank you for the wonderful idea HM. I plan on using Heavy Armor as soon as possilbe, so it shouldn't be a problem. Low AC shouldn't be a problem either, since I plan on smacking the enemies around just as much. Hehe.

Lol Fangor. I'm sure I would love to stay and play but, as we all know, RL can be spontaneous at times. I just hope to contribute something small to your already epic game. Lol.

Remove ads